Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

im askin how did he do the effect of making it look small.

rbzjwp.jpg

The 50mm is probably one of the best lenses for a begginer to learn how to shoot. with the f/1.8 or f/1.4, its a really fast lens with a really bigaperture...IMO the best thing about the nifty fifty is, the ability to take pictures with an amazing DoF. As for the 50mm AF function not working on theD40's, Nikon just released and updated version of the 50mm f/1.8 that has the DX AF-S version and it is nox compatible with the D40. I havent seen it yetbut i think it has a switch on the side to turn the AF function on and off.

I also suggest to invest on a really good tripod and not settle for the cheap ones. Trust....ive learned my lesson.

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

I also suggest to invest on a really good tripod and not settle for the cheap ones. Trust....ive learned my lesson.
Word. Why spend hundreds of dollars on a camera body and lens if you're gonna mount it on a $30 tripod? I suggest getting a Bogen-Manfrotto055XPROB or 190XPROB with a 488RC2 ballhead. Same goes for a filter. Don't buy those cheap $15 Tiffen filters as some of them can actually degrade thequality of your image. If you're gonna get a $600+ lens, get some multi-coated Heliopans or B+W.

Man, I'm so happy. A friend of mine just got me Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium (Mac edition) for free! Anyone try out or currently use PhotoshopCS4? I'm hoping that my move to a Mac will help improve my workflow.

Also, I wanna know how many of you guys shoot RAW? I'm curious to see how many people post-process as opposed to uploading jpegs straight online.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

Man, I'm so happy. A friend of mine just got me Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium (Mac edition) for free! Anyone try out or currently use Photoshop CS4? I'm hoping that my move to a Mac will help improve my workflow.

Also, I wanna know how many of you guys shoot RAW? I'm curious to see how many people post-process rather as opposed to uploading jpegs straight online.
I got CS4 for free also...
devil.gif

It depends, most of the time I use JPEG, But I like shooting RAW cause you get so much more control when you post process.

anybody know whats good with these lenses?
20tmhrm.jpg

my pops gave them to me from his old cam but unfortunately they dont fit my xti
so if anyone is interested shoot me a pm

the macro reads: quantary tech-10 mx af 70-300mm 1:4-5:6

and the other lense is a quantary mx-af 35-80mm 1:4-5:6

SO shoots raw. I am completely clueless when it comes to photography. We just got a D40 for free, it's not the one he wants but for now it'll work. andit was.. free. So can't complain. All I know is it takes nice photos of the frogs. I need to upload them.

Havent Posted in a while so i decided to post some recent work. Just aquired my 5d mark II so i should be posting more often.

Canon Rebel XT 85mm 1.8
3097259098_9e39c2d4aa_o.jpg

Canon Rebel XT 70-200mm 2.8L
492b3f24f114f.jpg

Canon rebel XT 70-200 2.8L
492b3ef654007.jpg

Canon rebel XT 70-200 2.8L
4949eadfa12ec.jpg

^^^^Sick photos my friend! I need to try to shoot some portraits like that.....

And how are people getting CS4? Are they legit copies are they hacked ones? I heard the newest version was super hard to crack....but leave it up to the nerdsfor the challenge.

Thanks Mr Fongstarr. I mostly do portaits. Im not to good at landscapes.
ohwell.gif
lol
But I just upgraded to CS4 since CS3 doesnt support Raw 5.2 . I hacked it. took me a couple trys to get it tho. Its alright. Not to excited. kind of a newlayout. Alot pro cons of it tho
Termanology27 - i paid a nice lil stack for the 5d mark II around 3700 with the 24-105 F4L kit lense. Im thinking of selling it so i can get a 24-70mm f2.8L

It's been a while since I've stopped in here (as usual).

Standard moon shot (because that's all I really take pictures of these days).
3121546476_63af6f3fcb.jpg

Just put up the tree today (50mm)
3120729715_8d6f08fb7f.jpg

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

How do you take pictures of the moon like that? What kind of lens do you use?

I just go on the roof of my house and start taking pictures.I usually use a tripod but it's kind of a pain to keep taking up to the roof and I'vegotten better at steadying my hand. I use a Canon EF 100-400mm Lens. The focal length on thatshot is 370mm but it varies. You can see my other moon shots on my flickr. The one thing that you have to remember with taking pictures of the moon is to setyour ISO, shutter speed and F-stop correctly. I play around with my settings a lot, depending on what I want it to look like. If you have a really low shutterspeed, it will obviously come out blurry and also like a big white ball in the sky rather than looking like the actual moon (because so much of the moonlightis getting let in at once). But for something like the one I just posted, I wanted the craters and valleys to stand out a bit so I made the shutter speed a bithigher than usual (1/400) to let in less light. However, to make up for the fact that my shutter speed was so fast, I set my ISO to 400 so that I'd stillbe able to see the moon. My f-stop was set to 5.6 (as a default since it can't go any lower while the lens is extended fully) so that also helped out a bitwith letting the light into the camera to see the moon. As for the size, it looks bigger than it actually is only because I cropped it. Usually they my moonpictures look something like this, so you can tellthat I'm a lot farther away than it seems. I hope that helped.

some pics from the holiday train show at the bronx botanical gardens.. all the buildings/ structure are made from objects from nature such as twigs, logs,leaves, acorns.. real cool in person to see all the detail

ellis island

yankee stadium

the george washington bridge

the building the exhibit was in

bonus shot from today

Originally Posted by NoSlickRemarks

Bronx Botanical Gardens???^^

nice pics everyone!
New York Botanical Gardens is the proper name i guess, but i call it BX botanical b/c its in the BX and usually when people hear NY they thinkManhattan

if anyone on here is visiting NY or lives in NY i suggest going.. its really cool to see in person.. it'll be there until jan 11th.. here's the websitefor anyone interested http://www.nybg.org/http://www.nybg.org/

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

Man, I'm so happy. A friend of mine just got me Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium (Mac edition) for free! Anyone try out or currently use Photoshop CS4? I'm hoping that my move to a Mac will help improve my workflow.

Also, I wanna know how many of you guys shoot RAW? I'm curious to see how many people post-process as opposed to uploading jpegs straight online.
i just got my "copy" of CS4 i havent even had a chance to install it yet actually. I used to have a cousin that worked for Adobe so igot hooked up with the CS3 suite when it came out and its what im still using. I'd never go back to shooting in jpeg after using raw. the post-processingabilities starting from raw is lightyears ahead of jpeg, too much loss of information.

how do u like cs4 ?

Back
Top Bottom