Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by mjbetch

^^ what ISO are you shooting?
All of those are shot at 400 i believe, i didn't want to bump it up past that cause i wanted the least amount of grain as possible. I may havebeen fine at 800 but the shots are good enough. Could of tried 800 but a little too late now.

jrdnsrnss: Nice job without a tri-pod. I took one the other night without one, because I didn't bring it to college (smh).

I guess I can contribute... It was 100% dark outside when I took this, so I'm moderately satisfied. ISO was at 800 and obviously no flash using the D40Xmacro kit lens. I tried shooting it at 400 but it was blurry as all hell. Wish I had a tri-pod.
indifferent.gif

C&C welcome.

dudeee.... idk if i can drop $600 on ONE lens right now.

either $600 for lens or $600 for D80!!

ughhhhhhhhhh

Either way, it's a good outcome I guess. The way your pictures look might not change much from D50 to D80 though.

oh ok. that's good to know. i'm really going to try and stick to getting this damn lens!!

IF ANYONE IS A 10.5 OR 11 CHECK OUT THE BLOG IN THE SIG!!!

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

^ the exif data on that photo says you used ISO 1600.

My bad. It was 1600. I had another one similar to that from a different angle I shot at 800 and it still didn't come out as decent. I tried to get thecamera as still as possible so I had the brilliant idea to just let the camera hang from the strap around my neck but the wind almost knocked me over'cause I was standing with my feet together. Not a very nice day in Nashville. It's been windy as all hell here recently.
indifferent.gif

my bad, i didnt know what the prices were like now.
if anyone wants an XSi with 2 lenses (50mm f1.8 and 18-55mm f3.5-5.6) and a 4gb and you have a reasonable offer, i'll hear it
merry christmas

Quick question to all of you guys.......

Has anyone made the jump from Canon to Nikon/Nikon to Canon?

I am a Canon guy myself but the D90 is looking really tempting for it's price for some reason. I am just wondering if I should do it or should I stick withCanon. I know it is preference to the photographer but I am more or less wondering if anyone has regretted doing it. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Quick question to all of you guys.......

Has anyone made the jump from Canon to Nikon/Nikon to Canon?

I am a Canon guy myself but the D90 is looking really tempting for it's price for some reason. I am just wondering if I should do it or should I stick with Canon. I know it is preference to the photographer but I am more or less wondering if anyone has regretted doing it. Thanks!
DO IT! hehe

Believe me... I've thought about making the switch from Nikon to Canon, reason why though, is just to get a cheaper body and use the rest of the money forlenses. I never actually do it though, cause I realize ill miss what makes me like Nikon so much. (which is probably stupid to you guys) But the build qualityof Nikons products is great, attention to detail also, hotshoe covers on every Nikon body, LCD cover on most Nikon bodies, Nikons creative lighting systemwhich lets you use flash (SB-600 and up) wirelessly off the camera without having to buy a $200 trigger, and minor differences here and there. Just go play with a D90 at a store and see how it feels for yourself, or buy it for a week and return it before the 15 or 30 day limit ata store if you dont like it.

3112077441_a6d7ec3128.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif

Errr....I know.....luckily I haven't bought any serious Canon lenses but we'll see how the money flows and from there, I 'll see if Nikon is moreof a fit....

^^^^^ hey bro...I dont think there's really much of a big difference between a D50 and a D80. You might want to look in to buying a D90 just for the body.I dont know what kind of lenses you have at the moment but try looking into the D90. IMO the fisheye lenses are fun to use but its not really something thatyou can use all the time.

as for spending $600 im pretty sure there are some prime lenses that go for that price. maybe a 35mm f/1.4 and or an 85mm f/2 or so i dunno. lol. I'mlooking in to upgrading my D40 to either D90 or a D200.

I finally got CS3 and got rid of CS2.
eek.gif
I'm not sure if its just me but I re-edited some of the pictures that i've taken with CS3 (mostly my panos)and they look at lot crisper and clearer compared to the ones that I stitched with CS2. I dont know they just align better and lighting seems to be better withCS3. Some of the panos ive taken wont even stitch with CS2. I was surprised when I loaded the ones that i took freehand with out a tripod and CS3 was stillable to put them together.

I got a question...anyone here PS their pics a whole lot? is that considered cheating?
Well i use PS mostly for saturation, contrast, and blur etc...and a couple of plugins like neat image, focal point and focus magic.

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

^^^^^ hey bro...I dont think there's really much of a big difference between a D50 and a D80. You might want to look in to buying a D90 just for the body. I dont know what kind of lenses you have at the moment but try looking into the D90. IMO the fisheye lenses are fun to use but its not really something that you can use all the time.

as for spending $600 im pretty sure there are some prime lenses that go for that price. maybe a 35mm f/1.4 and or an 85mm f/2 or so i dunno. lol. I'm looking in to upgrading my D40 to either D90 or a D200.

eek.gif
I'm not sure if its just me but I re-edited some of the pictures that i've taken with CS3 (mostly my panos) and they look at lot crisper and clearer compared to the ones that I stitched with CS2. I dont know they just align better and lighting seems to be better with CS3. Some of the panos ive taken wont even stitch with CS2. I was surprised when I loaded the ones that i took freehand with out a tripod and CS3 was still able to put them together.

I got a question...anyone here PS their pics a whole lot? is that considered cheating?
Well i use PS mostly for saturation, contrast, and blur etc...and a couple of plugins like neat image, focal point and focus magic.

I am definitely guilty of PSing a lot of my photos. I think my whole take on it is use the tools that are given. I think we are growing up in a whole newgeneration of photography (probably goes the same with anything now a days from video editing, graphic design and other art forms). I mean if you read a lot ofthe photo magazine today, there are tons of people that do PS edits from something really over the top....to simple stuff like contrast, color corrections,etc. I try not to do too much to my photos in regards to like cloning things and making something that isn't true to life but I like to give my colors abig boost and I am a guy that loves I contrast photos.....but that is just me.

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

^^^^^ hey bro...I dont think there's really much of a big difference between a D50 and a D80. You might want to look in to buying a D90 just for the body. I dont know what kind of lenses you have at the moment but try looking into the D90. IMO the fisheye lenses are fun to use but its not really something that you can use all the time.

as for spending $600 im pretty sure there are some prime lenses that go for that price. maybe a 35mm f/1.4 and or an 85mm f/2 or so i dunno. lol. I'm looking in to upgrading my D40 to either D90 or a D200.

eek.gif
I'm not sure if its just me but I re-edited some of the pictures that i've taken with CS3 (mostly my panos) and they look at lot crisper and clearer compared to the ones that I stitched with CS2. I dont know they just align better and lighting seems to be better with CS3. Some of the panos ive taken wont even stitch with CS2. I was surprised when I loaded the ones that i took freehand with out a tripod and CS3 was still able to put them together.

thanks for the insight bro.

that's exactly what im thinking though with the fisheye. i dont really know much about lenses but i've been REALLY wanting the fisheye for quite sometime now. can you recommend me some other lenses?

^ That's the nifty fifty....
roll.gif
looks like the f/1.4 so yeah, its good.

Why don't you try it on your D50.

haha nicee.

i dont really know what to shoot with it lmao.

like it kinda has a narrow view (i dont know what the hell i'm talking about)

i dont know how to shoot with it
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom