Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

My first double post ever.
smh.gif

Side note, I tried to take shots of a friend's soccer game recently...and discovered that sports shooting is an ENTIRELY different ball game. Any tips for shooting a night game under those huge awful lights with no external flash?

You need a faster lens - and fast long lenses are really expensive.

Bump the iso up a bit too - that's why some of the newest (and most expensive) SLRs are popular - the high iso performance is great so you can freeze themotion easily with little noise.

Originally Posted by mjbetch

neither of them are correct but thank you!!!!!!

Did you find it, though?
laugh.gif
I'm not too familiar w/ Nikkor lenses.This is what you have, right?

KEN_0004-600.jpg

^ i found it. it's lightly etched on the aperature ring.

haha and nah "technically" that's not mine. That's "D" and mines just no D. haha

alright two quick questions and then i will upload some more pics

1) -how do i stop the edges of my photos from getting darker.. guess i shouldn't have skimmed the manual that came w. the camera
-its not that bad but when i make a pano where the pics meet it looks darker and my ps skills are non existent so idk how to fix it

2) i got an email saying my photobucket is almost filled.. what to do? should i just use yuku uploader or can i link flickr to post pics?

^ you have to watch certain apertures (bigger ones) at certain focal lengths (longer ones) as basically the aperture doesn't fully cover the sensor - sothe edges don't get as much light as they shood.

If you're shooting pano's you should probably be using a small aperture for depth of field anyway.

I've decided to buy the ever so popular "nifty fifty".

I don't want to spend too much money, but I want a quality lens as well.

Should I go for the f/1.4 or the f/1.8?

Originally Posted by Apollo XXXIII

I've decided to buy the ever so popular "nifty fifty".

I don't want to spend too much money, but I want a quality lens as well.

Should I go for the f/1.4 or the f/1.8?
i like my 1.4

what are you getting it for?

This thread always always always amazes me. It makes me jealous that I don't have a nice D-SLR but I still love my cam. I have the Sony DSC-W90 and i'mjust wondering what can I do to maximize performance and get the MOST out of this camera while I still have it? I'm not that into photography to upgradeand I can't get an easy enough answer from a cam forum. Can you guys help me? Am I just basically gonna point and shoot and get the most out of it or what?Thanks folks.

Originally Posted by kdwallace

Side note, I tried to take shots of a friend's soccer game recently...and discovered that sports shooting is an ENTIRELY different ball game. Any tips for shooting a night game under those huge awful lights with no external flash?

You need a faster lens - and fast long lenses are really expensive.

Bump the iso up a bit too - that's why some of the newest (and most expensive) SLRs are popular - the high iso performance is great so you can freeze the motion easily with little noise.
Yikes. Okay, thanks. I was shooting at 1600 already I think. Some of them came out pretty nice, but I deleted a lot of them just because Ican't stand the noise. I used the blur tool and bumped the contrast on PS to fix that on some of them, though.

^ word 1.8 is cheaper....i bought mine for about $75 from amazon (@ $110 street price), and its works great.

the only thing that I dont like about it is that since I am using a D40 and its a crop camera (50mm is actually and equivalent to 75mm)
I find myself having to back up most of the time to take pictures. its a great lens just not a very good walk around lens.

I tried my friend's 35mm f/2 (@ $340 street price) this is actually the true 50mm on a crop camera...its a better walk around lens IMO, but its way toopricey for a non-zoom lens. so if you are planning on getting the 50mm f/1.4, try looking into the 35mm its about the same price.

I know elboriqua has the Sigma 30mm f/1.4
pimp.gif

just got my new camera canon rebel xs super happy with it, my first slr so im new to taking pictures, pictures are great of corse tho the photobucket ruinsthem
snapped some quick sneaker pics

nyc

Originally Posted by famenycity1

just got my new camera canon rebel xs super happy with it, my first slr so im new to taking pictures, pictures are great of corse tho the photobucket ruins them
snapped some quick sneaker pics

dont forget the change the white balance to tungsten light when your inside, thats why it has that orange tint to it...other than that man keep it up!

Hey elboriqua, I just browsed adorama again and I'm now considering the same set-up that you have, 190xprob and 488rc2. I can get it for around $230. Howmuch did you get yours for?

LOL .. Good Lord thats a damn Rusty Exit Sign .. LOL

Have to love NYC dude ....

Some Random (Like all my work) pictures from today ....

GW Bridge - No clouds but I like it ...
3198236460_02a03c9f1f_o.jpg

Graffiti truck I seen that was cool and I left the guys because I found them cool too - DO you????
3197346889_9365f2dbea_o.jpg

Originally Posted by pullupj8

Hey elboriqua, I just browsed adorama again and I'm now considering the same set-up that you have, 190xprob and 488rc2. I can get it for around $230. How much did you get yours for?

I believe it was the same + tax or a bit more .. cant remember because I also bought a lens .. but I bought it from them .. over the phone they are awsome butwhen you are in the store is a mad house .. they dont tend to answer questions very kindly as the store is crazy packed .... however they are good ...

Originally Posted by backtotheknown

^^im not the best on the lingo...is the "nifty fifty" just a 50mm lens??
if so i have a 1.8 and i like
smile.gif

yeah it's just a 50mm

and mine is japanese. haha

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

Originally Posted by backtotheknown

Originally Posted by famenycity1

dont forget the change the white balance to tungsten light when your inside, thats why it has that orange tint to it...other than that man keep it up!

3197423195_58010dbe0d_o.jpg

wow thanks a lot im new to this whole thing so any tips are appreticiated!!

i accualy picked up those 11's at a yard sale for 4 dollers fixed em up resold for 250!

elboriqua...I like that GW bridge shot, good exposure comp (since a lot of similar pics that I see have the backround a bit over exposed.) Its good to see thatyou picked up pretty fast.

-

backtotheknown...i like the 2nd shot as well. I know different people see different things and as for me I'm more of a composition (and cropping) kind ofguy...I'm not a pro, just commenting based on my own opinion. (no ebayologist...
laugh.gif
) I cant show you what I mean because i dont have PS in my workcomputer, but if you crop the pic right below the number 2 (where its unfocused) and just before the end of the sleeve on his left arm.
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom