Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by backtotheknown

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

An HDR is the same picture with 3 diffrent exposure settings right ?
basically ya

so if i shoot in raw can i just change the exposure setting on the same image 3 diffrent times or does it have to be 3 diffrent pictures?

basically ya

so if i shoot in raw can i just change the exposure setting on the same image 3 diffrent times or does it have to be 3 diffrent pictures?
you have to take three different pictures...then merge them using HDR photo merge in photoshop
well thats at least what i do
laugh.gif

So I'm looking to upgrade my d40 kit lens in the near future. What type of lens would you guys recommend? I mainly take pictures of family & friends atparks, restaurants & clubs. I also like to take pictures of nature and what not.

basically ya

you have to take three different pictures...then merge them using HDR photo merge in photoshop
well thats at least what i do
laugh.gif

You do not have to take three different pictures to generate a HDR photo - you can generate a HDR with a single RAW file like you stated.

When it comes to HDR you can do single file by just changing the exposures to -2 0 +2 you can also use 3 5 7 and I seen 9 from there on the differences areminute ....

so to answer your question yes you can generate a HDR with a single exposure but its not ideal - its best when you have 3 - 9 the more you have the less noiseyou will encounter as well.

If you wondering if you are doing it right - look into auto bracketing - I'm not going to explain that sorry - just look it up ..

^^what f value? 1.8, 1.4....

1.8 if it was the 1.4 i would have bought it on the spot, all good though, i just ordered the 1.8 from JR for $109 no tax free shipping

You guys shouldn't spend that much on the 50 f/1.8. They go for around $50 used. I just sold mine to a friend for $40.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

You guys shouldn't spend that much on the 50 f/1.8. They go for around $50 used. I just sold mine to a friend for $40.

frown.gif
been looking for a used one for a while but i always saw them for like 10-20 less than a new one, so i just pulled the trigger on a new one.

shot from a film YASHICA 124G i copped from ebay.

yo, ebay, the quality pretty decent. even tho the lens has the fungi in it. just a little loss in sharpness.

mrv96s.jpg

Originally Posted by BayEST

shot from a YASHICA 124G i copped from ebay.

yo, ebay, the quality pretty decent. even tho the lens has the fungi in it. just a little loss in sharpness.

mrv96s.jpg

yo i think i'm tripping, but is that girl's name jasmine?

i'm looking to buy a Canon XSi. can anyone give me a recommendation on a lens, filter, and anything else i'd need? i know nothing right now buti've got about a month to do some research. i just want to buy a dslr for my trip to japan. i've got about a $500-1200 budget. i don't want a longlens that'll be hard to move around and walk with. and is it worth it to buy the lens kit if i want to buy another lens anyway?

Originally Posted by deezxnutz

i'm looking to buy a Canon XSi. can anyone give me a recommendation on a lens, filter, and anything else i'd need? i know nothing right now but i've got about a month to do some research. i just want to buy a dslr for my trip to japan. i've got about a $500-1200 budget. i don't want a long lens that'll be hard to move around and walk with. and is it worth it to buy the lens kit if i want to buy another lens anyway?
Kit lens (18-55mm IS) + 50mm f/1.8 should be decent.

what's teh difference between prime and fixed focal?

well i know prime is a fixed focal, but what makes it prime. lol

Originally Posted by deezxnutz

i'm looking to buy a Canon XSi. can anyone give me a recommendation on a lens, filter, and anything else i'd need? i know nothing right now but i've got about a month to do some research. i just want to buy a dslr for my trip to japan. i've got about a $500-1200 budget. i don't want a long lens that'll be hard to move around and walk with. and is it worth it to buy the lens kit if i want to buy another lens anyway?

If had $1200....I'd copp a Nikon D90 (body only) which is probably aroung $800-$900, then I'd get a Nikon 50mm f/1.8 ($80-$110) and a Tamron 17-50mmf/2.8 ($350-$400)
pimp.gif

would be a better deal than copping as XSi with a kit lens.

Nikon FTW.
laugh.gif

sick.gif
my friend's mr2...messing around...
3240337166_c197980e89_o.jpg

dirty windshield
indifferent.gif

3238056645_2c9f6b6011_b.jpg

anyone use a circular polarizer? i've read in a couple places they are magic for automobile pictures.

This isn't a great photo by any means but just wanted to share.....met Kat Von D today....and look at what she wrote in my book:
14979js.jpg
s2h8w2.jpg

She's a Nikon lover......!

Back
Top Bottom