Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

nice cheap shot el boricua.
eyes.gif

i wasnt even talkin to you and neither have i said anything to you. nor was i the one who said " i have a steady hands " . i get several pm'sabout my work regularly and never have i said "its the photographer...blahblahblah." i try to help people out as much as i can.

seriously just let this $+$% go. i already said my piece and so you should give it a rest as well.

Originally Posted by qksLvrtypeS

nice cheap shot el boricua.
eyes.gif

i wasnt even talkin to you and neither have i said anything to you. nor was i the one who said " i have a steady hands " . i get several pm's about my work regularly and never have i said "its the photographer...blahblahblah." i try to help people out as much as i can.

seriously just let this $+$% go. i already said my piece and so you should give it a rest as well.

damn dude I just wrote a big %++@%%% reply and got erased - anyways, to sum it up - My comment wasn't directed to you by any means, it was meant to befunny. It was spark by what you said but not to you if that make any sense. The thing between you and rap was uncalled for but whatever that's between youto and you already stated your reasons man.

I enjoy some of your work and at times I tried to mimic it. So don't feel like I have something against you because that's not that case the same way Ididn't write this to you .. I don't see how you didn't see the humor in that, but I guess I'm weird like that man ...

P.S. I don't mind being told my pics suck, just as long as you state why and how to improve.

Originally Posted by qksLvrtypeS

i mean how did u get the gig of shooting for your Filipino organization? didnt you have to show your work to people to make sure THEY liked em so that you get the gig?

or is it one of those things that Filipinos do - a family member or a friend or someone said "so and so can take really good pics so he should be the photographer of this organization" and then you immediately got the job? (i hate that part about my family btw cuz they keep endorsing me to people i dont even know) but whatever im getting more clients because of it.
I'm done arguing and defending the reasons for upgrading my equipment and why I don't openly share all of my photos. Like I said, I'mstill compiling the best of my work and will post it either when I create my website or if I choose to open a Zenfolio or Smugmug account, however these linesreally struck me. I'm not sure if you intended to do it or not, but I take your 2nd line as an insult. You're now making the assumption that I'vebeen given the position because my family or connections rather than my ability. That's insulting to me and to Filipinos. If your family is proud of yourwork, why would you hate the fact that they're letting other people know? I was voted on as the historian/photographer because I actually care about thephotos that are taken rather than just snapping away.

I have nothing against you but you keep dishing out these supposedly non-offensive criticisms, making you appear cocky. Go ahead and voice your opinion butyou're borderlining the point of insult. You say you'll worry about what you do yourself but really you're not.

Whatever, I'm done going back and forth with this.

ok - after all the damn writting I would think someone would comment on my pictures - tell me something good or bad .. lmao!

WTH - Lets keep the peace man!

can someone recommend me a circular polarizing filter!? haha

should ai get a normal Hoya for $20, or a Hoya SMC for $70? lmao

backtotheknown - maybe try making them a bit more sharper... they all seema bit overexposed. as for footprints in the snow.. look at my flickr in the winter set.. i have a few up i think.. i had to work them a lil in ps to get themto show better also.

elboricua 6 - nice pics as always... i like the first one the most, idk whatabout it, the colors or just the subject, but i like it

mjbetch - Idk if this is of any help but i just got a filter from adorama by B+W and sofar i'm happy with it.. so look at what they got...

here's some pics from saturday.. my first time doing people... that came out wrong
laugh.gif
. c&c please
3252028722_a93b00c85a_b.jpg

this girl had the mets logo on her butt.. got the pic without looking like too much of a creep
3251206705_2903e9d42a_b.jpg

Steve Bartelstein, lead anchor from CBS 2 NY News with the head foreman of the demo of Shea Stadium
3251197927_5c2f62294b_b.jpg

Bonus shot
3252034614_b162ce2ab7_b.jpg

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

backtotheknown - maybe try making them a bit more sharper... they all seem a bit overexposed. as for footprints in the snow.. look at my flickr in the winter set.. i have a few up i think.. i had to work them a lil in ps to get them to show better also.

hey thanks a lot man! i notices my F value what very low for most of my shots and i guess that would have helped considering it was bright with all the snow.

whats WPPI?

Kick I have to say your PANO is = as good if not better than the hawk - Maybe is the subject but I like that a lot ... Do you mind if I shoot something likeit? I might have to go not this weeken but next one ...

thanks for the feedback - I can count on you to at least say what you like .. lmao

elboricua, I think that the fifth shot would've looked better if the view of the LCD screen on the camera was more straight forward(facing you), becausethe angle makes it a little more difficult to make everything out, if that's what you were going for.

Originally Posted by backtotheknown

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

backtotheknown - maybe try making them a bit more sharper... they all seem a bit overexposed. as for footprints in the snow.. look at my flickr in the winter set.. i have a few up i think.. i had to work them a lil in ps to get them to show better also.

hey thanks a lot man! i notices my F value what very low for most of my shots and i guess that would have helped considering it was bright with all the snow.
you want your F stop to be nice and open (i think) but if your shooting manual play with the exposure.. thats what i think it is... i could bewrong but thats what it looks like to me

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

whats WPPI?

Kick I have to say your PANO is = as good if not better than the hawk - Maybe is the subject but I like that a lot ... Do you mind if I shoot something like it? I might have to go not this weeken but next one ...

thanks for the feedback - I can count on you to at least say what you like .. lmao
yeah what is WPPI???

your crazy the hawk picture was so much better imo
grin.gif

i don't own shea.. you don't have to ask... go and shoot... but i spoke to a foreman when i went... dont wait toolong.. they are planning to have it all down by Feb 14th but maybe they'll be delayed cuz of the snow

edit: any input on my people shots?

so ive been thinking of starting to shoot in raw, and if i do what all do should i be doing in photoshop to the images??

Originally Posted by backtotheknown

so ive been thinking of starting to shoot in raw, and if i do what all do should i be doing in photoshop to the images??
Correcting exposure, white balance, lens distortion, etc. I just fix the white balance and convert to jpeg.

What up NT? Been sifting through this thread over the past week now starting from Page 1 and all. Reading up as much as possible before my first DSLR camera sothat I'm not walking into this completely blind folded. Anyways, here are a couple from a digital Point & Shoot, was wondering what you thought of themoverall.

RedBarn.jpg

Some of my surroundings.

WDYWaders.jpg

What I wore.

PeetyFish1.jpg

Me & a Fish.

RainbowOnIce.jpg

Fish on the Ice.

KaseFishEyeish.jpg

My Buddy & a Fish(Almost looks fisheye-@%%)?

BarkVines.jpg

qksLvrtypeS: How are you getting the lighting so bright like that on your shots of that bubbleback? Was there a light up there or did you use a strobe king ofeffect or what? Very solid pictures.

EDIT:

Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 40D
Image Date: 2009:02:03 06:57:28
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 17.0mm
CCD Width: 9.19mm
Exposure Time: 0.050 s (1/20)
Aperture: f/5.0
ISO equiv: 200
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual

What's the light source for those? They're incredibly sharp.

Phouvieng: I like the first one a lot, but the white balance needs some serious adjustment. The entire top half of the shot basically isn't there. Thatmight just be because it was a P&S. Also, on that first one, don't be afraid to up the contrast a little. The one of you holding the fish isgreat in my opinion. I think with the right lens and the technology a DSLR will provide, it'll give it a narrower DOF (depth of field) simply meaning thatthe background will basically be naturally blurry, thus bringing focus even more to the subject--in this case the fish.

i use external flashes. i used 3 on all shots actually - 430ex / sb600 / 285hv . all remotely triggered by v2 - cheapo trigger but works for me.

You shoot Nikon? Usually an external flash like an SB600 shows up on EXIF data...unless it wasn't attached to the body.

EDIT: On CS3 did you have to download something for it to read RAW. I use CS2 and it doesn't work. I tried a Nikon add-on, but it didn't work...at all.

^ you need to update the RAW plug-in. If your camera was released way after CS2, there's a chance you'll have to upgrade to CS3 or 4. As a marketingtechnique, Adobe only provides updates of RAW plug-ins for the latest cameras with the newest installment of their products. For example, plug-in updates forthe Canon 5D II can only be downloaded for CS4, so if you only have CS3 you'll be forced to upgrade otherwise those RAW files will never be read. If youdon't want upgrade, your camera should come with a RAW processing software anyway.

Inarajan pools, Guam.
3253145280_ebd126f984.jpg

B&W pano of the Inarajan Pool, this was ont he other side of the first pic.
3252327377_00147700f4.jpg

Spanish Steps, Guam. This was place that I mentioned before where we had to hike down a mountain, through a jungle to get to this hidden beach.
pimp.gif
the only that sucked was getting back up.
mad.gif
laugh.gif

3253158782_cbc55094e4.jpg

Spanish Steps, another pano that I took where I completely forgot to meter the sky.
smh.gif
I always forget to do that for some reason and I'll completelyshoot myself in the foot (word to plaxico) so Potato-shopped the hell out of this picture, added a fake sky, used a photo filter to compensate for the colorand used neat image to remove the noise. what do you gusy think? too much?
roll.gif

3253168374_f6ef45c6d3.jpg

Tarzan Falls, Guam. Another place where we had to hike down. This was actually was not all that bad since it was just 345 feet from sea level, that we had tohike. there was three sets this was take from the top of the first set.

3252358355_a610c4b36d.jpg

Tarzan Falls, Guam. Shot from the side of the first set of waterwalls...there's still a long ways down. we still have to get around this stupid jungle toget to the bottom...we didnt finish since it was already getting dark...this was around 45 minutes from the starting point and it takes about 4 hours to getall the way to the bottom. we quit
laugh.gif

3252371703_5c1b04cd6e.jpg

for bigger pics...check out the Flickr. C&C are welcome.

Quick question for those that have Flickr paid account. If I was to upgrade right now will all the photos that I uploaded show up with original size?? or willI have to upload them again??

Also, what other sites are suggested over Flickr?

^ I'n not 100% but I think they keep them as original size so if you upgrade they are already there.

^I dont use a flickr pro, just the normal flickr but it uploads the original and displays it in a smaller size. then there are options to view as differentsizes (small - large, original)
if that helps?

Back
Top Bottom