Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

3443570731_33624dac2c_o.jpg

Porsche Cayman S
3444388432_ac703901c0_o.jpg
3443572241_ae637c4ebd_o.jpg

3444388278_2ab288b838_o.jpg

3444388722_8b1d301fc4_o.jpg

Lamborghini Gallardo (with Lambo Doors - how ironic)
3443570995_e79baa024f_o.jpg
3443571149_b1be9b928e_o.jpg

3444388068_970111451d_o.jpg

my favorite shot
3446955554_2291e0a655_o.jpg

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

go with the d40.. i have it.. great camera for a starter. forget that.. its great overall imo
grin.gif

the d40 huh? where can i find it for a better price than $500? and what are you guys opinions on buying used cameras?

and lastly, the d40 or canon g10? same price just about but i see the canon has more mp. which of these cameras is more user friendly for beginners?

thanks!

B&H... $410 for the kit.. free shipping.. add it to cart and it shows the price lower than what it says.

D40 is a dslr which you can get dif lenses for.. the g10 isn't a dslr so you can't change lenses.. you don't need to buy alot of lenses but it ismore of an investment. the D40 is very beginer friendly.. the mp don't count unless you wanna make huge print. Hope I was of help

Originally Posted by theshyguy415

3451822470_da02e7ba9a.jpg
really nice.. good stuff for first hdr

boricua... nice stuff... you really got your game on point man

^^ nice!
pimp.gif

Here's a shot I took yesterday... tried shooting the 50mm f/1.8 II wide open...

EDIT: took down the pic.. resize in a bit..

img1919i.jpg

go with the d40.. i have it.. great camera for a starter. forget that.. its great overall imo
grin.gif

the d40 huh? where can i find it for a better price than $500? and what are you guys opinions on buying used cameras?

and lastly, the d40 or canon g10? same price just about but i see the canon has more mp. which of these cameras is more user friendly for beginners?

thanks!

i'd say go for the d40, i had a g9 and regretted the purchase 2 months after i got it so i gave to my brother and picked up a d60. IMO the d60 is more userfriendly than the g9. so even though they're different cameras in my case it's a similar situation so that my help.

3451500059_fa03982f83.jpg

2nd attempt trying to do an HDR. Tried to have a little fun with this one. Maybe a little OD on the editing? Probably a little too much. Oh well.

3452940169_f6edf558de.jpg

Still playing with photomatix. Hallway in my house.

quick nice pics man .. you really have some people with fresh cars ...

kick thanks man .. I'm trying to do more of that right now .. I'm taking this photography stuff a little to the extreme .. lol

M Eazt nice - taking panos at nights is a @#!%+ because of the lighting and crap but you did a good job nevertheless...

zk1 .. nice blur huh .. best 80 bucks you probably sent so far .. Imagen that at 2 stop down 1.2? lol .. almost uncontrollable .. he he he

Quickster - You're the king of car photo! Really good stuff!

Elboriqua - I really like your last shot a lot! To be picky; You shouldn't have cut her feet and also its a bit tilted. But still, great capture. Good job!

Thanks dude. Been super busy the past 6 months coaching my son's basketball team....they went from winning 2 games last season to losing the championshipgame this season. Me and the assistant coach put in tons of work with all the kids so had very little time to take pics.

ok guys, so far you have been very helpful and i appreciate your time.

but of course, ya girl has more questions!
wink.gif

so basically, the canon would not be the way to go because if i wanted to get into photography a bit more, i would not be able to change the lenses to getbetter shots right?

i did not know that...

people keep telling me the canon is the better one for beginners as far as point and shoot goes, but i dont like the fact that i will not be able to changethose lenses out. hmmm

so my next question is.. where is the best deal i can get that d40 for? and what do you guys think about buying used cameras?i was gonna go for a nice set i found on craigs list, with the d40 and another lens for distance shooting for $540, but something worries my about spendingthat kind of money on a used item.

thoughts?

thanks again.

^ I'm in your same shoes. The only thing is that the G10 is also more portable, easier to carry around and less bulky.

right, i took some shots at the nt summit the other night with my friends d40, it wasnt so bad with the neck strap. now that i know i cant change thelenses on the canon makes me not wanna go with it.

^ I'm in your same shoes. The only thing is that the G10 is also more portable, easier to carry around and less bulky.
right, i took some shots at the nt summit the other night with my friends d40, it wasnt so bad with the neck strap. now that i know i cant change the lenses on the canon makes me not wanna go with it.

I bought a D40X used. Buying used camera stuff is pretty safe because I figure that whoever bought a $500 camera in the first place probably didn't want tojust trash it. You'll want the D40 with the 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 lens that comes in the kit. Should run you around $450 at the most.

bhphotovideo.com has the d40 kit for 409.99 free shipping. and i think if you live anywhere but new york you dont have to pay tax

Originally Posted by FlyingEMU05

bhphotovideo.com has the d40 kit for 409.99 free shipping. and i think if you live anywhere but new york you dont have to pay tax
co-sign.. get on that deal.. i got the d40 kit + the 55-200mm VR for 510 shipped.. from B&H... not a bad deal at all... jump on it

Canon you cant change lenses?

The problem with the Canon Lenses is that they are super expensive and the mount are as interchangeable like the Nikon, however they have a good selecetion inlens and you are able to take superior pictures with them. However they do tend to make a lot of contrast and saturate the pictures a lot ...

I've been taking up photography as a hobby, but I think I want an upgrade from my P&S.

Any suggestions on a starter DSLR? Preferably on the cheaper side, too.

Yes.....please go with a D40 or Rebel XS/XTi/XSi. They are the smaller of the DSLR bunch and have never really had a problem lugging it around and knowing youcan mount other lenses on it makes it better then the G10.

Back
Top Bottom