Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by pUreRetr05

What cameras do you guys recommend for a beginner? Thanks in advance.
Nikon D40 is probably your cheapest option if you want a DSLR. I'm a canon guy myself, so I would recommend a Canon Rebel xti or xt. Or if youhave the money Canons T1i has HD video.

Just traded some Laser 4's for a D40x myself.

Guess Ima Nikon guy
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FlyingEMU05

how much hp is that fit putting out? i always liked the fit but thought it was underpowered.
nice pics btw
Fits are underpowered, by alot actually if I remember.

But that fit is boosted, who knows how much power its putting out. I woudnt be surprised if it was 300-400hp.

is $500 the standard price for d40s? Im trying to buy a camera but dont know.

or do they sell used ones if so are they any good?

nah its not a pro case, its like a ziploc bag sort of, check it out its called the dicapac, bought it for $100 on ebay

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

You can get a brand new D40 for around $400. If I was you, I'd wait till the new D3000 starts shipping. Basically the same thing as the D5000(Big hit due to its D90 like performance) with a 10MP sensor which will give you awesome low light performance, and no tilt screen (3inch LCD instead)

Love the D90... So I basically had a test run last week. Taking random shots at the house. Here are a few of them.

Some shots today at the Beach... My Brother had a great time
smile.gif

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

You can get a brand new D40 for around $400. If I was you, I'd wait till the new D3000 starts shipping. Basically the same thing as the D5000 (Big hit due to its D90 like performance) with a 10MP sensor which will give you awesome low light performance, and no tilt screen (3inch LCD instead)

Just googled it and
pimp.gif
, when does it release?

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

You can get a brand new D40 for around $400. If I was you, I'd wait till the new D3000 starts shipping. Basically the same thing as the D5000 (Big hit due to its D90 like performance) with a 10MP sensor which will give you awesome low light performance, and no tilt screen (3inch LCD instead)

Just googled it and
pimp.gif
, when does it release?

Along the same lines, I want some feedback on the differences between the D40 and D60. The difference in price is $100, according to Best Buy. Is it worth itto buy the D60 for a beginner, or just wait and get the D3000 as mentioned above for $599?

Thanks again for all the help.

Back
Top Bottom