Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by mrshadow

so i have this project called a "photo essay" in school that i have to do and i was wondering if yall could give me some ideas
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
come on guys..its really important
A picture says a thousand words. Take a pic and your golden!

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

so i have this project called a "photo essay" in school that i have to do and i was wondering if yall could give me some ideas
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
A picture says a thousand words. Take a pic and your golden!
but thats not the point of the project

i have to think of a topic...then i have to take 10 pics that would "tell a story" you get me? its an essay but with pics

NT isnt here to do your hmwk for you. open your left brain up and get creative with it. at least think of a topic before asking us, then maybe we can go fromthere.

im not asking you to take the pics for me im just asking yall to help me out with a topic that has to do with PICS

im not asking you to take the pics for me im just asking yall to help me out with a topic that has to do with PICS
That's still asking for homework help.

Dude it isn't that hard, unless you're blind. There are a million things you can take pictures of.

im not asking you to take the pics for me im just asking yall to help me out with a topic that has to do with PIC
Usually coming up with the topic and creative ideas behind a project can be the toughest part so yea you asking for help with even just the topicis asking too much.

Anyway question. Does card class/speed really make a difference? I'm close to purchasing a t1i and am deciding between the Sandisk Ultra 16gb or theExtreme 16gb. There is a big price difference and although I'm leaning toward the extreme because I do want to take a lot of video I'm still not 100%sure. (I realize a class 6 card is recommended but I'm wondering if it's really necessary)

Like DJ Bana said, at least come up with some ideas on your own them maybe we can help refine them and give you ideas for specific pictures in the topic.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Go to a park or something and get some ideas there

hey, nice work to all.
That video I saw of Busy P posted a while back keeps me coming back in here.
so with my bday coming up I figure I'll ask for a digital SLR. I wont be doing anything too serious so I don't really need top of the line. But I alsodon't want to get ripped off.
Any suggestions? I don't know much of anything about picking out a camera.

Originally Posted by West2East

im not asking you to take the pics for me im just asking yall to help me out with a topic that has to do with PIC
Usually coming up with the topic and creative ideas behind a project can be the toughest part so yea you asking for help with even just the topic is asking too much.

Anyway question. Does card class/speed really make a difference? I'm close to purchasing a t1i and am deciding between the Sandisk Ultra 16gb or the Extreme 16gb. There is a big price difference and although I'm leaning toward the extreme because I do want to take a lot of video I'm still not 100% sure. (I realize a class 6 card is recommended but I'm wondering if it's really necessary)
yes, it makes a huge difference. the speed at which video records is a lot faster than the speed at which a photo takes. you'll need 300x ifyou dont want any lag time for the videos to save. also, sometimes it can record the video frames too slowly, which means you'll have lag in the video.definitely go for the higher speed if you're using video... all new cameras (that have video) should use fast cards. sometimes if i fill up my 16gb 300x,ill use my slower card, it's really annoying.

What do you all use to print these out and frame them? I'm shooting with a 5MP Canon, and no it's not a professional camera, but it takes great photosnonetheless. I want to have some framed and I can't seem to get a really great quality with my printer at home...thanks guys.

Originally Posted by DJ bana

yes, it makes a huge difference. the speed at which video records is a lot faster than the speed at which a photo takes. you'll need 300x if you dont want any lag time for the videos to save. also, sometimes it can record the video frames too slowly, which means you'll have lag in the video. definitely go for the higher speed if you're using video... all new cameras (that have video) should use fast cards. sometimes if i fill up my 16gb 300x, ill use my slower card, it's really annoying.
Thanks for the advice Bana. You reaffirmed what I already figured so I'll just drop a little more money to get the faster card. PlusThere's a rebate thing going on right now anyway. Might as well just go for it.

Just to make others aware, Sandisk is offering pretty good rebate deals on their extreme cards line. The more cards you buy the better the deal. Here is alink. SandiskRebate Just make sure to buy from an authorized dealer. Must be purchased by September 26. If you combine this with bing cashback, mrrebates.com, and ebaybucks you could get a pretty good deal.

Tamron is also offering some really good rebates also on lenses purchased between Aug 15 and December 31. Again make sure to buy from an authorized dealer.Tamron Rebate Combined with bing cashback, mrrebates.com, and ebaybucks you could also get a good deal on a new lens.

If anyone needs help with bing cashback or also finding an authorized dealer on ebay just shoot me a PM.

iight guys i came up with a topic:

"having tattoos can have negative consequences"

NOW can yall help me with some ideas for some pics??

that's hard as you have to prove how tattos can have negative consequences ...

But you can start by finding someone with some tattos or someone that will do an entire series with you .. something like fresh no tatt then in the tattoparlor then a neck piece then something along the lines of empty pockets then suit and tie in fron of a desk with another coorparete guy .. focus on tatt onthe neck then focus on disgust expression of the interviewer then resume with a denied stamp and then something like a iron close to the neck and that's awrap ..

hope you followed all that ..

sorry for all the typos ..

iight i can dig your idea i appreciate your idea and i dig that

since i work in downtown area imma go around looking for some people to do some pics

So I just bought to westcott umbrellas as diffusers, should I use flashes wirelessly or studio lighting ? most of my shots will be done outside keep in mindand would rather not have to power/carry big $@@ lights

I started a flickr
smile.gif
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thirdworldthirdworld/

3946435923_3ed4b1c850.jpg

3947214848_b9b4bdff54.jpg

no flash done outside round times square.

3946430433_fbe8707910.jpg

used wireless flash triggered by on camera flash [sony ftw
pimp.gif
] but i got some glare since i didnt have any filters and my oncamera flash reflected as well

3946424389_03bc07d3d4.jpg

you can tell where the WL flash was of course ^ ... but i think it came out decent.

so any tips on improving wireless/multiple flash shots ?

Oh and i got a 8gb CF card if anybody wants to cop

ive been lagging trying to get out of this community college!! WHO WANTS THE WIZARD EMAIL ME (kiddsolesatgmail.com) heres some recent shots.. B&W are film

Originally Posted by Forgot About Jae

So I just bought to westcott umbrellas as diffusers, should I use flashes wirelessly or studio lighting ? most of my shots will be done outside keep in mind and would rather not have to power/carry big $@@ lights
You sort of answered your question there. Using studio lights will require you to carry a battery pack. If portability is your priority, stick tospeedlites however the trade-off is power; you won't be able to shoot against the sun particularly during the middle of the day. Also, if you're hopingto optically fire off-camera strobes, it'll be close to impossible in pure daylight. Invest in some Cactus triggers or the ever reliable Pocket Wizard PlusIIs
smile.gif

A couple more of my pup, Marli...

@rocafella kidd good to see you back, honestly got worried there for asecond (but you did kill the idea
laugh.gif
). But hey, you had it this long somight as well still snap a quick pic (of the Wizard) before you ship it off.

Sup guys,

I was just wondering if any of you has ever used Autoviewer on a website before. I kind of want to make anonline gallery where it's nothing but images, and maybe a bit of information or a quote for some pics. I really like the simplicity of this layout (http://www.amernabulsi.com/ken/ ) That's a link to aspecific gallery and this is the "index" ( http://www.amernabulsi.com/ )

I really don't know too much about how to purchase your own domain, or how to setup a gallery like that, do anyof you guys have experience with it?

Thanks,

- SaNTi

SaNTi0321 - That looks pretty cool. I have no experience with anything like that but I hope that someone can help out!

A couple from today. I am a beginner at skate photography. Any tips?

Back
Top Bottom