Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by airjordanjack

SaNTi0321 - That looks pretty cool. I have no experience with anything like that but I hope that someone can help out!

A couple from today. I am a beginner at skate photography. Any tips?
looks good jack, i dont have much experience in skate photography but from an audience stand point i find the key to great skate shots is theperspective. Interesting shots utilize great angles.

Here's a video shot by the new 7D. I want this thing so bad!

http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip...e=1&show_portrait=0&color=ffffff&fullscreen=1
Canon 7D movie - Another night in Beijing from Dan Chung on Vimeo.

This is his setup...

7d-rig.jpg

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by mrshadow

iight i can dig your idea i appreciate your idea and i dig that

since i work in downtown area imma go around looking for some people to do some pics

This took me about 10 minutes to do .. It shows but I just wanted to show you how simple it can be ... everything here was withing feets of eachother and I made it work .. Can you see my message? Title it for me ..

3956460807_6257a56bc8_b.jpg

I was thinking of getting into film photography.

What camera do you guys suggest?

I was thinking perhaps a Minolta Maxxum 7000.

i just got into photography and was wondering if i really needed a speedlite for my canon t1i?

Originally Posted by sk23

i just got into photography and was wondering if i really needed a speedlite for my canon t1i?
No. You don't really need anything but the body and a lens to shoot. If you justgot it, I'd say shoot with it for a while, find your limitations and what you shoot most.

Originally Posted by Disfunctional

I was thinking of getting into film photography.

What camera do you guys suggest?

I was thinking perhaps a Minolta Maxxum 7000.
if youre going minolta, go minolta srt 100/200 series, or minolta x-300/500/700 series.

the srt series are FULL manual with the swing arm on the inside for over/under exposure. the x series had LED lights on the inside that basically tell you whatsettings to have the camera at . the maxxum series are auto focus. the srt and x series are manual focus. youll need batteries for the x series to work. butwith the srt series, you dont need batteries because you can use the "sunny 16 rule" if you run out of batteries or they die.

great thing about this older film cameras are that they are built like tanks. you probably have to get the light seal replaced but thats really it. i have aminolta x370 i bought from craigslist, and my mom gave me her DS pentax k1000
pimp.gif

i get my film cameras repaired by this guy, he's legit and even does trades. he also sells lenses also i got a 28mm from him also.
http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=267576&ck=

also take a film class at your local community college or high school. good luck fam. hope this helps

I'm stuck on which one to get. Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 or the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8. Anyone who has/have used these lenses, can I have you're feedbackon them? Thanks.

^ The Tokina is highly rated and beloved by all those who use it. That plus the fact the it's faster and is a fixed-aperture zoom makes it better than theNikkor ultra-wide.

Originally Posted by KASUAL111

I'm stuck on which one to get. Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 or the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8. Anyone who has/have used these lenses, can I have you're feedback on them? Thanks.

I own a Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 and I'm pretty satisfied with it...fast and sharp.I only hate is the weight since I always use my Nikkor 35mm f/1.8.

Hey

Im writing a paper on two black n white photos. Im trying to understand why a black and white photo makes a photo so much more powerful, but I cant think ofany. Is there a purpose to B&W photos? IYO, what does a B&W photo mean to you?

The photo im looking at is Dorothea Lange's "Migrant Mother" (photographic icon of the Great Depression).

Originally Posted by doosta45

if youre going minolta, go minolta srt 100/200 series, or minolta x-300/500/700 series.

the srt series are FULL manual with the swing arm on the inside for over/under exposure. the x series had LED lights on the inside that basically tell you what settings to have the camera at . the maxxum series are auto focus. the srt and x series are manual focus. youll need batteries for the x series to work. but with the srt series, you dont need batteries because you can use the "sunny 16 rule" if you run out of batteries or they die.

great thing about this older film cameras are that they are built like tanks. you probably have to get the light seal replaced but thats really it. i have a minolta x370 i bought from craigslist, and my mom gave me her DS pentax k1000
pimp.gif

i get my film cameras repaired by this guy, he's legit and even does trades. he also sells lenses also i got a 28mm from him also.
http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=267576&ck=

also take a film class at your local community college or high school. good luck fam. hope this helps

Thanks, preciate it fam
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by budahbro

Originally Posted by airjordanjack

SaNTi0321 - That looks pretty cool. I have no experience with anything like that but I hope that someone can help out!

A couple from today. I am a beginner at skate photography. Any tips?

looks good jack, i dont have much experience in skate photography but from an audience stand point i find the key to great skate shots is the perspective. Interesting shots utilize great angles.

One thing I would suggest which might be highly over looked is to take pics of skate tricks that look more photogenic. I read skateboard mags all the time andI must say unless you are doing a sequence shot, some tricks just don't look good in a frozen single frame. Your shots are cool but nollie's justdon't look as dope as kickflips, smiths, or even just an ollie. Like a trick that never looks good unless you are hucking yourself down something prettygnarly is a 50-50 grind. No matter how I see it, they always look so uninteresting in photos.

bay-to-breakers-12.jpg

This is a shot that I liked that I took at the Fallen demo at 3rd and Army. It was a not make but still, kickflips just look better in photos.

Hey guys, just started taking up photography as something to do when I'm bored. I have the original Canon Rebel
laugh.gif
with a 18-55mm lens.

34pkps5.jpg

rkx4ck.jpg

iypv2x.jpg

2nlcv0k.jpg

33fdqwl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom