Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

I <3 Canon Cameras.
happy.gif

This dude......

I am sort of regretting having a Nikon though....only cause I want the Canon lenses.

Same here, thinking of waiting for the 60d to come out because I want video.If it goes to plan I'll be going from a D60 to a 60D lol

I <3 Canon Cameras.
happy.gif

This dude......

I am sort of regretting having a Nikon though....only cause I want the Canon lenses.
laugh.gif
I remember preaching about Nikon cameras. The D90 wasreally dope though, I just couldn't afford it at the time.

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

I <3 Canon Cameras.
happy.gif

This dude......

Same here, thinking of waiting for the 60d to come out because I want video.If it goes to plan I'll be going from a D60 to a 60D lol
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Fong, did I convert you to Nikon back when the D90 came out?
eyes.gif
how could I...

No but really, I thought the D90 was dope as hell when I had it. I just couldn't afford it at the time.

I know that 10.5mm was a big reason for your choice too.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

For those of you who are serious about photography, invest in a monitor calibrator! It will make a BIG difference. Just calibrated my external monitor with Spyder 3 Pro and my monitor now looks
pimp.gif
I always wanted one of those when i was in school cause I hated dealing with colors that didn't print right when it came out. I wouldn't even necessarily think you need it to be a serious photographer but that is if you are serious in print media or dealing with some major color correcting issues. I know a lot of guys still doing print and half of them don't even use it and still come out with great stuff. I mean calibrating your monitor probably does make your photos better, but since majority of us haven't done so....no one would ever really take notice.
Just because others won't see the correct colors, doesn't mean you should be working on a monitor that isn't giving accurate colorsand tones. Especially for those working on multiple monitors, it is important to have them all evenly calibrated.

As for the 1D Mark IV...it's nice, but I'll wait for the 1Ds Mark IV
tongue.gif

2q1t75f.jpg

30rl5ee.jpg

t4tkrt.jpg

2hyxslt.jpg

im brand new to this whole photography thing. i definitely do not have the photographers eye.. my camera is a beginners dSLR, olympus e300. im having a lot offun with it but about 1/8 of the pictures i take are anywhere close to good. comments are welcome!

Man I regret selling my XTi. Hopefully black friday has some sales on cameras. Looking around to buy a camera for christmas for myself.
smile.gif

this is one of the longest threads ive been a part of. i posted junior year 2 years ago. STILL RUNNING

Rap Sizzle wrote:

For those of you who are serious about photography, invest in a monitor calibrator! It will make a BIG difference. Just calibrated my external monitor with
Spyder 3 Pro and my monitor now looks
pimp.gif

I always wanted one of those when i was in school cause I hated dealing with colors that didn't print right when it came out. I wouldn't even
necessarily think you need it to be a serious photographer but that is if you are serious in print media or dealing with some major color correcting issues. I
know a lot of guys still doing print and half of them don't even use it and still come out with great stuff. I mean calibrating your monitor probably does
make your photos better, but since majority of us haven't done so....no one would ever really take notice.
Just because others won't see the correct colors, doesn't mean you should be working on a monitor that isn't giving accurate colors and tones. Especially for those working on multiple monitors, it is important to have them all evenly calibrated.

As for the 1D Mark IV...it's nice, but I'll wait for the 1Ds Mark IV
tongue.gif

You know.....I had a heavy response (took about 10 minutes to type) to all of this talking about web vs print and needing a calibrator for it....but stupidYuku made me log our for whatever reason.......so now whatever......buy a calbibrator.

Santi......yeah man...got the Nikon mainly for my infatuation for Fisheye shots and wanting to get into photography, but ironically I want to get away from allof that and even in skateboard mags, they aren't as dominant as they used to be. I would just sell my stuff but I know I won't get nearly as much as Ipaid for nor would I be able to get the exact body and lens that I want since I don't really have more funds to play with. Oh well.....Nikon it is.

Tried some tilt-shift miniaturization last night, it really helped my not finish some work for class
laugh.gif
sorry for kinda hogging I guess.
4032570960_d083d08d83_b.jpg
4031707403_ef6cfdde67_b.jpg
4031680689_8c17dc8448_b.jpg

Nikon zooms > Canon zooms
Canon primes > Nikon primes and it's not even close. Nikon has been focusing on their zoom lenses leaving their primes to be old and outdated

Canon primes > Nikon primes and it's not even close. Nikon has been focusing on their zoom lenses leaving their primes to be old and outdated
and Primes> Zooms....so Canon > Nikon
laugh.gif

Where is the cheapest place I could get a Nikon D90 body? Is eBay with bing cashback my best bet or is there anywhere else?

I agree, primes > zooms for IQ.

For versatility I loved my old 24-105L, best travel lens ever (on a FF like my 1Ds2 or 5D2)

I sold my 17-40L, 24-70L and 70-200 2.8L IS zooms and haven't looked back.

I replaced them with a 35L and 85L II, looking for a 135L or 200L (f/2.0 $$$$$)

The 2 zooms that I have are the 24-70L and 70-200 2.8 IS. I wanted to stick with primes but I needed the 70-200 for sports. The 24-70L I'm about to put upfor sale but I'm slightly reluctant since it would be very useful for studio, which I'm slowly getting in to. Right now I'm thinking about tradingin my 50L for a 35L. I'd like to keep the 50 but my funds won't allow it, especially with the splurging I just did
frown.gif

Oh and going back to the whole Nikon vs Canon lenses, I was really close to making the switch to Nikon when I got annoyed with my 5D2's auto-focus. TheD700 on the other hand is fitted with AF system similar to the pro bodies. I was about to make the jump when I realized that Canon primes trumps Nikon's.

Cosign. I'm a nikon user who wants to switch to canon.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

I agree, primes > zooms for IQ.

For versatility I loved my old 24-105L, best travel lens ever (on a FF like my 1Ds2 or 5D2)

I sold my 17-40L, 24-70L and 70-200 2.8L IS zooms and haven't looked back.

I replaced them with a 35L and 85L II, looking for a 135L or 200L (f/2.0 $$$$$)

I have the line up right there 24-105L 35L 85LII and 135L thinking about pinking up a macro and/or the 70-200L

Good lineup by the way ....
tongue.gif

Anyone here own a 50D? Recently, I lost my rebel T1i due to a house robbery. I'm not taking advantage of the situation but because my PS3 was stolen too,therefore I'm looking to go 2 for 1 this time. So with the coverage I'm looking to "upgrade" to the 50D.

Also, I've been reading reviews, looking at specs, and examples of what the camera can do. I'm looking for an opinion from another 50D User.

Originally Posted by sigmakidownz

Anyone here own a 50D? Recently, I lost my rebel T1i due to a house robbery. I'm not taking advantage of the situation but because my PS3 was stolen too, but I hardly used it. So with the coverage I'm looking to "upgrade" to the 50D.

Also, I've been reading reviews, looking at specs, and examples of what the camera can do. I'm looking for an opinion from another 50D User.
Not much of an upgrade. Get a T1i and some new glass, or a 7D.
devil.gif

Back
Top Bottom