Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

The 2 zooms that I have are the 24-70L and 70-200 2.8 IS. I wanted to stick with primes but I needed the 70-200 for sports. The 24-70L I'm about to put up for sale but I'm slightly reluctant since it would be very useful for studio, which I'm slowly getting in to. Right now I'm thinking about trading in my 50L for a 35L. I'd like to keep the 50 but my funds won't allow it, especially with the splurging I just did
frown.gif

Oh and going back to the whole Nikon vs Canon lenses, I was really close to making the switch to Nikon when I got annoyed with my 5D2's auto-focus. The D700 on the other hand is fitted with AF system similar to the pro bodies. I was about to make the jump when I realized that Canon primes trumps Nikon's.
If you thinking about keeping the 24-70L just for studio - don't! If you have space and lights the 70-200L is more than enough and actuallywhat a lot of people shoot with .. the brick ehhhh .. get rid of it and like that you can get the 35L with that money ...

Also, is there any reason why will you want to get rid of the 50L for a 35L? Just curious ... I have the 35L and it has seen a lot of bag since Im in thestudio most of the time ..

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by sigmakidownz

Anyone here own a 50D? Recently, I lost my rebel T1i due to a house robbery. I'm not taking advantage of the situation but because my PS3 was stolen too,
but I hardly used it. So with the coverage I'm looking to "upgrade" to the 50D.

Also, I've been reading reviews, looking at specs, and examples of what the camera can do. I'm looking for an opinion from another 50D User.
Not much of an upgrade. Get a T1i and some new glass, or a 7D.
devil.gif

I was afraid of this.
laugh.gif

Yeah I was thinking of that too. If I were to "upgrade" I'd get the 7D. Well there goes that question.
Santi, I know you have a T1i. What lens do you think I should get? (range $400-500) I already have the nifty fifty & 55-250 zoom.

Anyone here own a 50D? Recently, I lost my rebel T1i due to a house robbery. I'm not taking advantage of the situation but because my PS3 was stolen too, therefore I'm looking to go 2 for 1 this time. So with the coverage I'm looking to "upgrade" to the 50D.

Also, I've been reading reviews, looking at specs, and examples of what the camera can do. I'm looking for an opinion from another 50D User.

I can only speak from my experience - I bought the 50D and I was very impress by the LCD and some of the bells and whistle, however when I transfer thepictures to my computer I was not so impress .. I bought a classic 5D and I was disappointed about the LCD and astonish by the viewfinder - when I was takingpictures I got pet because they didn't look no where near as good as they did on my 50D when I transfer the pictures from the 5D to my computer a up forsale sign was put on my 50D and I have never looked back ..

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Anyone here own a 50D? Recently, I lost my rebel T1i due to a house robbery. I'm not taking advantage of the situation but because my PS3 was stolen too,
but I hardly used it. So with the coverage I'm looking to "upgrade" to the 50D.

Not much of an upgrade. Get a T1i and some new glass, or a 7D.
devil.gif

I was afraid of this.
laugh.gif

Yeah I was thinking of that too. If I were to "upgrade" I'd get the 7D. Well there goes that question.
Santi, I know you have a T1i. What lens do you think I should get? (range $400-500) I already have the nifty fifty & 55-250 zoom.
I would get the Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 as a walkaround since you have your zoom, and portrait lenses. Depends on what you shoot mostly though.

Originally Posted by teatime0315

Nikon zooms > Canon zooms
Canon primes > Nikon primes and it's not even close. Nikon has been focusing on their zoom lenses leaving their primes to be old and outdated

Cosign. I'm a nikon user who wants to switch to canon.
laugh.gif
I'm a Nikon shooter and I never really messed with a Canon so I don't know what/ if anything I'm missing from a personal standpoint

But aren't Canon lens's alot more than Nikon in general? I've never really looked into it

Originally Posted by DJ bana

50 1.2? if youre selling it, let me know.. im interested.
Yep. A very sharp copy too unlike what most people have out there. For those of you who don't know, the 50L is one of the most complainedabout L-primes.
Originally Posted by RiKaN HaVoK

The 2 zooms that I have are the 24-70L and 70-200 2.8 IS. I wanted to stick with primes but I needed the 70-200 for sports. The 24-70L I'm about to put up for sale but I'm slightly reluctant since it would be very useful for studio, which I'm slowly getting in to. Right now I'm thinking about trading in my 50L for a 35L. I'd like to keep the 50 but my funds won't allow it, especially with the splurging I just did
frown.gif

Oh and going back to the whole Nikon vs Canon lenses, I was really close to making the switch to Nikon when I got annoyed with my 5D2's auto-focus. The D700 on the other hand is fitted with AF system similar to the pro bodies. I was about to make the jump when I realized that Canon primes trumps Nikon's.
If you thinking about keeping the 24-70L just for studio - don't! If you have space and lights the 70-200L is more than enough and actually what a lot of people shoot with .. the brick ehhhh .. get rid of it and like that you can get the 35L with that money ...

Also, is there any reason why will you want to get rid of the 50L for a 35L? Just curious ... I have the 35L and it has seen a lot of bag since Im in the studio most of the time ..
Unfortunately, I don't exactly have a full sized studio. I'm just using our living room as a make-shift one
laugh.gif
That's the reason whyI'm reluctant about letting it go. The 70-200 would be too long for full body shots. I will probably let it go anyway just because I'm so used toprimes now. When I got the 70-200, zooming felt weird. I just might use the funds from the 24-70 for the 35L but I feel having the 24L, 35L, 50L and 85L to betoo redundant. The 50L is my favorite lens but I need the a wide and a portrait prime so letting the 50L go would make more sense. Not to mention I now havethe TS-E 45. I'm gonna give my friend's 35L a test drive this weekend so if I fall in love with it, Bana, you'll be first in line for the 50L.

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

Canon primes > Nikon primes and it's not even close. Nikon has been focusing on their zoom lenses leaving their primes to be old and outdated

laugh.gif
I'm a Nikon shooter and I never really messed with a Canon so I don't know what/ if anything I'm missing from a personal standpoint

But aren't Canon lens's alot more than Nikon in general? I've never really looked into it
Nikkor lenses are more expensive than Canon's. Also it's a lot easier to find used Canon lenses. If I ever make the switch to Nikon, aD700 and 14-24 would be my first purchase. That combo is straight filthy!

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

laugh.gif

Nikkor lenses are more expensive than Canon's. Also it's a lot easier to find used Canon lenses. If I ever make the switch to Nikon, a D700 and 14-24 would be my first purchase. That combo is straight filthy!
Yep... Nikkor glass is mad expensive compared to canon.
frown.gif
one reason why i'm switching.

If anyone on NT is interested, I'm planning on selling my Ricoh GX200 to get a Nikon D90. Before I throw it up on eBay, I'd rather hook a fellowNT'er up with this great camera. It's a camera in the same range as the Panasonic LX3 and Canon G10. The lens is a zoom wide angle lens (5.1 - 15.3mm)and the aperture is f/2.5-4.4. Can shoot RAW and JPEGs. Includes an external viewfinder, battery, charger, and case. The camera is like new with no cosmeticdamage to it other than on the base from being set down. Owned for less than a year with less than 2000 shots taken. Basically, it's a great second camerafor those with DSLR's or a really good camera for those that want to get into photography but don't have the funds or aren't ready to get into aDSLR yet.

I'm going to throw it up on eBay for $400 but if anyone on NT is interested, I'll hook it up for $350.

Anyone here own a 50D? Recently, I lost my rebel T1i due to a house robbery. I'm not taking advantage of the situation but because my PS3 was stolen too, therefore I'm looking to go 2 for 1 this time. So with the coverage I'm looking to "upgrade" to the 50D.

Yeah.....I would get a T1i and a better lens.....unless you got more money to spend. If so......go for the gusto and get a 7D like Sanit said.

Termanology27, nice photos man. I know there was a comment a while back at displaying photos at a larger size but sometimes I like how photos look at 500pixels.

I am going to go out and shoot today.....hopefully get something later.

Originally Posted by airjordanjack

and Primes> Zooms....so Canon > Nikon
laugh.gif
This guy would disagree...

091021-nilkon-01.jpg

Source

I notice a couple of y'all joined this group on Flickr, http://www.flickr.com/groups/ohsoawesome/

I thought it was an NT'er that created the group to encourage assignments but found out it's a NT'er cousin... anyways, just a reminder if anyonewants to participate or join, this week is "food"

Originally Posted by termanology27

4033315749_bff2efe9ec.jpg

4032267791_bf646154f1.jpg

4032265595_e9b76f836b.jpg

c&c?
I really like these man ... Very nice job my dude .. are these around the DMV area?

Also, am I seeing something different in the last picture?? 4 colors 4 words but I only see 3 colors?? lol

Back
Top Bottom