4052774273_228627810f_o.jpg

4053511346_64eafa4c90_o.jpg

4053511010_d27d945ed6_o.jpg

4053510920_87dc4d64b1_o.jpg

4051520569_8aeaccf2f6_o.jpg

more of my flickr - flickr.com/quickster

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

How long did you guys keep your first dslr before you upgraded?
about 8 months.
yeah been debating if its worth it to upgrade from the d60 to the d90? or just invest in some new lenses....

Originally Posted by DREDAY0789

4048182878_caebf22a54_b.jpg

Any advice on getting shots like that what type of lighting did you useand what settings and did you edit at all (kinda a dumb question).. Im doing a small photoshoot for my line next Tuesday and i need some pointers itll be myfirst time shooting with models and not friends..

Originally Posted by budahbro

about 8 months.
yeah been debating if its worth it to upgrade from the d60 to the d90? or just invest in some new lenses....

I'd go for the lens.I've been using my D80 for 2 years now and since I bought it, I invested on lens and tripod.Its just me though.

I've got:

18-135mm
50mm f/1.4
35mm f/1.8
Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8

AirPhilippines wrote:

about 8 months.

I upgraded in about a year form a XTi to a D90.

I was just at Best Buy holding some cameras and checking out the 7D and man do I hate entry level cameras as far as build is concerned. They are so damngeneric compared to is better models. Granted that is not really a big thing when getting a camera but I had my XTi for a year and it sure looked like crapwith scratches and some other issues on it...which I would think would effect the resale value. I got my D90 in January and seeing how it will almost be ayear, my camera still feels like it is brand new. I could sell it today and get almost all of my money back. I always think if I can do it over again, I wish Iwould have just got a better camera and not an entry. It was kind of a waste of money.

Hey guys... I have a 430ex speed light I rarely use. On top of the flash yo can sort of pull out a flap to cover the flash. What exactly is the purpose ofdoing that?

Pic of my wife at a haloween party .. nice red light so i tookadvantage.. I coulda did better but i was drunk as hell

Some more for photography class i been slacking though im 2 projectsbehind
smh.gif

Picked Up

Anyone have a review or use the SB-400 and have any pictures of doingso.. Im debating on getting it i mean 120 for a flash i might as well pay 100-200 more and get something taller with more features..

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

AirPhilippines wrote:

about 8 months.

I upgraded in about a year form a XTi to a D90.

I was just at Best Buy holding some cameras and checking out the 7D and man do I hate entry level cameras as far as build is concerned. They are so damn generic compared to is better models. Granted that is not really a big thing when getting a camera but I had my XTi for a year and it sure looked like crap with scratches and some other issues on it...which I would think would effect the resale value. I got my D90 in January and seeing how it will almost be a year, my camera still feels like it is brand new. I could sell it today and get almost all of my money back. I always think if I can do it over again, I wish I would have just got a better camera and not an entry. It was kind of a waste of money.

I'm in about the same position at 8 months right now, also looking to up the D60. I agree with the mid-range/prosumer camera's do feel better, I wasalso in BB playing around with the D90, 50D, and 7D. I'm contemplating on a 40D or a 50D mostly, the T1i sounds great it's just that one of the majorreasons I'm changing is that I need a bigger body because my hands are quite big. Is the 50D worth it over the 40D? For lenses it'd be the 28-135, mostlikely a 17-40 L, and I guess a nifty fifty. Nothing against Nikon, I will miss my 35mm 1.8, I just want to play the other side of the field,

^^^That is dope. Cool to see some Nikon fanboys. It looks like they even made the video using a Nikon cause the framerate is so choppy and bad. Haha!
But Nikons are still used more (well in skateboarding) when capturing sequence shots. I feel you on the FPS Santi. I can get a sequence of a slow turtle butnothing that is moving too fast.

Originally Posted by CashmereThought96

Pic of my wife at a haloween party .. nice red light so i took advantage.. I coulda did better but i was drunk as hell

Some more for photography class i been slacking though im 2 projects behind
smh.gif

Picked Up

Anyone have a review or use the SB-400 and have any pictures of doing so.. Im debating on getting it i mean 120 for a flash i might as well pay 100-200 more and get something taller with more features..
really good resource for nikon product reviews: http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/sb400.htm

For you Canon users with an entry-level DSLR, please, please, please, do yourselves a favor and upgrade to a 40D not a 50D.

about 8 months.
Personally, i think the d60 sucks so i think you should upgrade to the d90.
That's just me though, and if new lenses is what you want, go for it.

Rap Sizzle wrote:

For you Canon users with an entry-level DSLR, please, please, please, do yourselves a favor and upgrade to a 40D not a 50D.

My thoughts exactly.

This is my friend Pixie. In retrospect, I woulda done a lot differently with the shot, but I was just following her around the kitchen and shooting as we wentalong. She's not comfortable with modeling or being in front of the camera at ALL, so I couldn't ask her to pose or repeat anything. Anyways, some ofit's out-of-focus, but sometime's that's just how the ball bounces. I like the colors though.

pixie_thehundreds5.jpg

So I've really wanted to get into Photography a few years ago...but LIFE was always getting in the way
eyes.gif
. But I was wondering what would be a good camera for a beginner? I'm lookingto take classes next year. Thanks for the advice!

3 years from XT to 40D (summer 08)

my 40D broke then bestbuy replaced it with a 50D (february 09)

then i couldnt resist the price of an almost new 5D (october 09)

Just purchased the Canon EOS 7D. Still rocking with the kit lens but plan on upgrading to a L f/2.8 really soon! I love this camera. I plan on getting a 5Dshortly as well!

Back
Top Bottom