***Official Political Discussion Thread***

it would have no impact on the outcome

but it would hurt the republican party, which is the point

you push to see just how far those people are willing to go for trump of all people

just like you go through all this with majorie Taylor Greene

you make all of them wear that shhh and force as much people as you can to pay attention to this shh and stop with the both sides BS

you think 4 years of it wasn't enough. but a couple weeks worth of witnesses will?

donald trump approval rating is insanely consistent no matter what he does.

I didn't watch or pay attention to a second of this impeachment stuff, and im 90% of americans didn't either.

the idea that the dems not calling witnesses has any impact on anything

I think is super reach.
I clearly following everything religiously and didn’t pay a second to it. Republicans weren’t convicting him regardless.

it would have no impact on the outcome

but it would hurt the republican party, which is the point

you push to see just how far those people are willing to go for trump of all people

just like you go through all this with majorie Taylor Greene

you make all of them wear that shhh and force as much people as you can to pay attention to this shh and stop with the both sides BS
But we know how far they’ll go at this point, no? We had a President incite an insurrection attempt, put his own VP’s life at risk, and they still aren’t willing to do anything about it. The people who want to vote for this weren’t going to be swayed by witnesses. we’re beyond that point, IMO.

I don't mean to be an *** hole about this,
but I'm truly baffled by the shock and anger directed towards democrats.

the value of a long drawn out impeachment is limited.

and leads to the exact same result as a short one.

and theres always the risk republicans use it as a way to delay Joe Biden's agenda.

you can quibble wiht the tactics but it seems to me reasonable decision to get this over with.,

you think 4 years of it wasn't enough. but a couple weeks worth of witnesses will?

donald trump approval rating is insanely consistent no matter what he does.
Donald Trump also just lost the 2020 election and the Republicans lost control of the Senate. This is after all of their attempts to suppress votes and cheat their way to a win.

ItsFInallyMyTurn.PNG

Mans in heaven right now :lol:

Guess it’s finally “his turn” like he said, just a couple months late :lol:

I don't mean to be an *** hole about this,
but I'm truly baffled by the shock and anger directed towards democrats.

the value of a long drawn out impeachment is limited.

and leads to the exact same result as a short one.

and theres always the risk republicans use it as a way to delay Joe Biden's agenda.

you can quibble wiht the tactics but it seems to me reasonable decision to get this over with.,

Dems love shooting at ourselves instead of aiming our ire at the other side. Merrick Garland is getting held up for this impeachment stuff. The objectives of tying Republicans to Trump was achieved and getting these deplorables on the record was achieved. Stringing this along for more time wastes time that we don't have and empowers Republicans.

Since different courts have different standards for conviction, quick question. Just so we are clear on what happened, answer this...

Did most of the Senator vote not guilty?

Most voted to convict.

While standards vary, I believe the vast majority (if not all) of courts require unanimous votes for conviction on criminal charges. So, one juror could be the difference.

The standard was lower for the impeachment trial. And he was acquitted.

Most voted to convict.

While standards vary, I believe the vast majority (if not all) of courts require unanimous votes for conviction on criminal charges. So, one juror could be the difference.

The standard was lower for the impeachment trial. And he was acquitted.

I'm pretty sure Rusty just asked whether most Senators voted to convict.

I answered. Most Senators voted to convict.

I also explained that in most (if not all) criminal cases, a unanimous vote from the jury is needed for criminal convictions.

Could you imagine if “most” was all that was required for a criminal conviction?

I answered. Most Senators voted to convict.

I also explained that in most (if not all) criminal cases, a unanimous vote from the jury is needed for criminal convictions.

Could you imagine if “most” was all that was required for a criminal conviction?
Comparison to criminal court doesn't work because the Senate doesn't need a unanimous vote to convict

You need 2/3rd

So ****ing spare us

Comparison to criminal court doesn't work because the Senate doesn't need a unanimous vote to convict

You need 2/3rd

So ****ing spare us

You’re right. You also need more than just “most.”

You brought up the different standards.

By the standards in place in the Senate, Trump has been acquitted again.

You’re right. You also need more than just “most.”

You brought up the different standards.

By the standards in place in the Senate, Trump has been acquitted again
Did I the standards of the Senate? I asked you a straight forward question about the vote. That is it

BTW

Would you have voted to convict?

Back
Top Bottom