***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I don't think there's some grand take to be had

Or that the Democrats messed up in some significant way.

Biden's approval rating is down,
The economy isn't great
Pandemic isn't over
Democrats have held the goveners mansion for a long *** time.

Seems like a general state wide shift towards Republicans could happen without Democrats ****ing up in any specific way.

and Glen Youngkin was a good candidate.

political gravity was prob just working against the democrats.
no need to point fingers.
Hand picking him without a convention turned out to be a smart move.

All the Trumpist nonsense happened behind closed doors.

Basically repackaged some as conservative as DeSantis but appeared to be as moderate as Larry Hogan

I don't think a Trumpist would have been as successful even with things breaking the GOP's way late.

I wish that Democrats would punch back on these culture wars. Like “they don’t teach CRT in k-12 but they should, it’s based and far superior to the schmalzy stories about the founders as singular geniuses. I’d gladly trade “Unite the right CHUDs” for Salvadorans, I’d love to deport those tiki torch dip****s but I don’t know which country would take them. If anything, we need more Trans bathrooms and we should arrest people who maliciously misgender people. Let’s meltdown every single confederate statues, those hollow eyesores were thrown together to intimidate black people, melt those statues down and turn them into housing for the homeless.”

that's crazy.

People wanna be on the winning team, aint no popular constituency for "our team sucks" :lol:

Cot damn it’s so easy to be a republican these days. Don’t need any platform or ideology, literally just say the opposite of whatever the dems are saying and you’ve got a decent shot at office. Look at that disgrace 45, has never liked baseball or anything to do with Atlanta but flies out to do the “chop” cause it pisses people off and his people eat it up.

T-Mac clap back regarding the CRT thing was right but was a horrible sound bite. Because the electorate simply doesn't like such honestly

Dems need to just back but in a sensible way

Tell voters we don't agree with teaching CRT in K-12, of course. That stuff is for college students and nothing like what the GOP claims it is anyway. No child is learning CRT, that is a fairly tale.

But

The GOP are calling your kids stupid, incapable to handling learning about US history. . The good, the bad, and the horrible.

We don't think your kids are dumb. We know they can handle a fact driven education.

Present yourself as the sensible option and stop being chumps in the defensive all the damn time

Last edited:
as you all know I think a lot of progressive cultural politics are fake and bad,

but I think blaming progressives for the CRT backlash is a super reach.

I think the school backlash if it exists is prob pandemic related.
looking back schools stayed closed probably longer than necessary.

and some teachers unions behaved sub optimally, opposing reopening's ect

1635905887748.png

but that's just a wild guess.

Dems done done. Trump will be byke in 2024 smh. Meanwhile the clown *** Dems couldn’t even forgive student loans. They deserve to lose. We need a legit third party.

Dems done done. Trump will be byke in 2024 smh. Meanwhile the clown *** Dems couldn’t even forgive student loans. They deserve to lose. We need a legit third party.
Don’t agree with your whole statement but dems really do come out as rocksteady and bebop when it’s all said and done. Failure after failure. Win or lose they figure out a way to lose. Don’t care if it’s a small group holding them back. Body them the **** out. Wanna sit back and play the nice guy. That **** don’t work here

**** like this is why I get so pissed off at Manchin and Sinema

Checks for parents, cheap drugs for seniors, paid leave, and universal pre-K would all play well in the electorate with marginal voters

It will give the Dems a fighting chance next year

Instead, all they have is promises up against powerful propaganda fueling white grievance politics

**** like this is why I get so pissed off at Manchin and Sinema

Checks for parents, cheap drugs for seniors, paid leave, and universal pre-K would all play well in the electorate with marginal voters

It will give the Dems a fighting chance next year

Instead, all they have is promises up against powerful propaganda fueling white grievance politics

honestly at this point they aren’t dems. They just knew they could fool dems. Sin just wants a bag and is good. Republicans can’t fool republicans. One oz of humility or humanity for the working class and they yeet them Out.

Back
Top Bottom