***Official Political Discussion Thread***

People really calling America dumb and uninformed. How ironic, this was the same speech 4 years ago by the "other" side. C'mon son

Energy or legitimare arguments?

I can't deal with all these appeals to emotion. Its insulting. 

I know this may hurt you future, but the general population isn't like you and I.

The fact is, Romney will get a boost in the polls because of this debate, therefor the republican base is going to be energized. No denying that. This race has officially become tighter.

I expect Obama to look more presidential in the second debate. Sound more aggressive and less timid. Even his closing statement didn't seem on point. Regroup, and let's see what happens.

What is winning to you all?

Looking good?

Presenting good arguments?

I mean really.

To me, letting Romney stand there and lie his *** off about you, your policies, and his positions and not ever calling him on it is losing.

Let's be real, everyone already knows who they're voting for.

I bet a lot of people didn't even bother watching this debate.

Dont care who "won" or "lost" the debate.. i am interested to see how their gameplans adjust going forward...or am i playing myself because it'll probably be the same ********?

Thank God I didn't watch the debate.
Obama's gonna win anyway, so put some shades on and deal with it.
laugh.gif

As a democrat it was painful to watch Obama get mashed on like that. He let Romney attack him way too much. Romney was already behind in the polls, this debate should have been the nail in the coffin. 

Let's be real, everyone already knows who they're voting for.
I bet a lot of people didn't even bother watching this debate.
Yea you're right, 45 million people watched tonight. That's not important.

The race is close in the swing states, many undecided voters. Check it out.

I don't understand the whole "Obama isn't acting like he's been president for the past four years" argument.

Dude, when the hell have you ever heard the president speak clearly and concisely? His speeches, no matter how brilliant, are always marked with him taking brief pauses and his dropping the occasional "uhh". Get real.

It's like people mentioned before, his pauses show that he's forming a thought out argument rather than saying things he'll have to renege on.

Romney's idea of not raising taxes in hopes of building a greater work force to be taxed is actually a decent theory. However, it's hard to believe that will fix the budget.

Romney didn't say anything though.

Thats whats so frustrating.

1. Flat out lying.

2. Blaming Obama for things that Obama didn't do.

3. Repeating things that have been long since debunked like that Food Stamps claim. 

4. Completely backtracking on things like his middle class tax cuts and Romneycare 

5. Blaming Obama for things Obama isn't even responsible for. THE PRICE OF ******* GAS?! Are you KIDDING ME? 

Oh...and hes all for tax cuts but the military? MORE MONEY! 

Its the biggest damn expenditure!  
roll.gif

mean.gif

Last edited:
Romney didn't say anything though.

Thats whats so frustrating.

1. Flat out lying.

2. Blaming Obama for things that Obama didn't do.

3. Repeating things that have been long since debunked like that Food Stamps claim. 

4. Completely backtracking on things like his middle class tax cuts and Romneycare 

5. Blaming Obama for things Obama isn't even responsible for. THE PRICE OF ******* GAS?! Are you KIDDING ME? 

Oh...and hes all for tax cuts but the military? MORE MONEY! 

Its the biggest damn expenditure!  :rofl:  :smh:

Yo can you respond to your PM asap

I think those of us that are truly up to speed on the issues discussed understand that this wasn't a win for Mitt Romney. Presentation? Ok I'll give you that, but you can't backtrack on what you've been campaigning for this entire time and be victorious in this. The President was concise and didn't use a bunch of half-truths and rhetoric to support his argument.

Yep I am an MD but was recently seen by a PA and I must say it was a joke of a physical exam, now all PA's are not created equal but the training is far from equal but they are becoming more and more able to practice like a licensed physician
My friend went on contraceptive pills for the first time today. She saw a PA. Follow up after starting combined OCPs is 3 months to make sure the woman hasn't developed hypertension. When was the follow up offered? One year. You want to be us, then do our job correctly. This stuff makes me FURIOUS. Luckily I'm there to make sure she gets proper care. Not everyone is as fortunate.
Hey guys, just curious...any more criticisms of PAs and NPs you want to share?

Just curious what your professional faults with them are. 

Last edited:
Here's the thing, Obama is ahead of the curve.

He knows that the fact checkers are going to rip Romney apart on the day after the debate, so all he had to do, was to stick to the facts. Obama also understands that Romney is desperate, then being prone to mistakes, so he allowed him to do what he did. It didn't make Romney look Presidential, it made Romney look as if he has no diplomacy whatsoever. Now, watch what happens when they debate foreign policy, Romney is going to look like a deer in the headlights. 

Back
Top Bottom