***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Dude is blaming Obama for the lack of bipartisan basis. LOL. 
laugh.gif
obama care was a party line vote though....

I don't understand the whole "Obama isn't acting like he's been president for the past four years" argument.

Dude, when the hell have you ever heard the president speak clearly and concisely? His speeches, no matter how brilliant, are always marked with him taking brief pauses and his dropping the occasional "uhh". Get real.

It's like people mentioned before, his pauses show that he's forming a thought out argument rather than saying things he'll have to renege on.

Romney's idea of not raising taxes in hopes of building a greater work force to be taxed is actually a decent theory. However, it's hard to believe that will fix the budget.
Supply side economics DO NOT WORK.

Cutting taxes doesn't mean anything because those with money at the top don't do anything to hire more workers.

Demand drives growth. Not supply. 

Last edited:
laugh.gif
Do you know why?

Thats why that claim is such ********.

Of course in MA Romney could work along party lines. People weren't trying to put their feet out to trip him up. 

Are you blind to how much **** Obama went through just to pass the initial bill? 

It BECAME Romneycare...which is a late 80s republican idea. It started as universal healthcare.

I don't even like Obamacare because it falls short of where we need to be. 

Its damn near apart of the party platform to NOT work with Obama. 

Do you know who Grover Norquist is and the vice-grip he has on the balls of all those elephants in congress?

AND THEN...

When asked about it, Romney says well the ONLY difference is that some people with (D) next to their name voted for my plan.

HE IGNORED THE FACT THAT THE PLANS ARE THE SAME...OBVIOUSLY THE GLARING OMISSION.

Last edited:
Obama's demeanor seems fine to me....calm and collected

Exactly. PRESIDENTIAL.
that don't work in this type of poltical weather, they wanna see BLOOD, and romney gave em some, obama looking flabby and sick for round 1.

and those want to see blood should realize its quite early in the fight ( for those who put stock into these debates) A fight isnt won in the 1st unless its a KO...Mitt didnt deliver that

Romney didn't say anything though.

Thats whats so frustrating.

1. Flat out lying.

2. Blaming Obama for things that Obama didn't do.

3. Repeating things that have been long since debunked like that Food Stamps claim. 

4. Completely backtracking on things like his middle class tax cuts and Romneycare 

5. Blaming Obama for things Obama isn't even responsible for. THE PRICE OF ******* GAS?! Are you KIDDING ME? 

Oh...and hes all for tax cuts but the military? MORE MONEY! 

Its the biggest damn expenditure!  :rofl:  :smh:
Welcome to America. You should know this by now.

Romney won the debate in the eyes of the American Public, sucks to say but swallow it. Obama needs to man up for the next debate. It's literally that simple.

What is winning to you all?

Looking good?

Presenting good arguments?

I mean really.

To me, letting Romney stand there and lie his *** off about you, your policies, and his positions and not ever calling him on it is losing.

this. its late so ima just cosign this. obama should have dominated. romney was weak as hell, avoiding questions all over the place. obama should have capitalized on that. GOP did half the work already making themselves look foolish the past year....

michelle must've put in work last night with that anniversary P :smh: gonna cost us the election n ****...

Obama's demeanor seems fine to me....calm and collected
Exactly. PRESIDENTIAL.
that don't work in this type of poltical weather, they wanna see BLOOD, and romney gave em some, obama looking flabby and sick for round 1.
Yo.

How old are you son?

You're damn near 30 years old repeating this crap.

Looks do NOT make good candidates.

Expect more from this process and understand the arguments themselves.

Thats the problem with the debates anyways. Most of them are BS anyways...then you've got comments like yours making it seem like its a boxing match.

Read the transcripts and tell me who was flabby.

Do looks run the country? 

Do looks solve problems?

Romney is a great businessman. But that doesn't mean a damn thing to actually being a policy leader.

Ya'll are like little kids watching rap videos instead of taking your medicine and watching the discovery channel.

Stop justifying this appeal to the bottom/low end. 

That **** isn't cute. Its frustrating that you even think that sort of thing is acceptable. 

What is winning to you all?

Looking good?

Presenting good arguments?

I mean really.
To me, letting Romney stand there and lie his *** off about you, your policies, and his positions and not ever calling him on it is losing.
this. its late so ima just cosign this. obama should have dominated. romney was weak as hell, avoiding questions all over the place. obama should have capitalized on that. GOP did half the work already making themselves look foolish the past year....

michelle must've put in work last night with that anniversary P
mean.gif
gonna cost us the election n ****...

Ninjahood is tripping son if folks want to see a canidate who is all about yellin cursing and looking the part get that idiot DANA White or Vince Mcmahon to run for president or donald trump.Honestly in eyes of the public it may appear that Mitt proceeded to give Obama this work but in reality he was just spouting alot of half truths .If obma had stepped up and made his tone more dominate this woudl have been a beat down.People saying tha obama is arrognat or being condescending are idiots.He is addressing adults lke they are adults not like some teeny boppers who are watching John Cena cuting a promo. I swear it has to be some subconscious racial crap going on when folks say obama is talking to smart.

laugh.gif
Do you know why?

Thats why that claim is such ********.

Of course in MA Romney could work along party lines. People weren't trying to put their feet out to trip him up. 

Are you blind to how much **** Obama went through just to pass the initial bill? 

It BECAME Romneycare...which is a late 80s republican idea. It started as universal healthcare.

I don't even like Obamacare because it falls short of where we need to be. 

Its damn near apart of the party platform to NOT work with Obama. 

Do you know who Grover Norquist is and the vice-grip he has on the balls of all those elephants in congress?

AND THEN...

When asked about it, Romney says well the ONLY difference is that some people with (D) next to their name voted for my plan.

HE IGNORED THE FACT THAT THE PLANS ARE THE SAME...OBVIOUSLY THE GLARING OMISSION.
obama has no one to blame but himself on why da public option didn't survive da affordable care act.

isn't of taking those blue dog democrats feet and put em in da fire PERSONALLY he just fell back and let pelosi and reid crave out da framework of da bill

and he fell back. democrats had a supermajority in congress AND senate. and his OWN PARTY gutted da bill because they didn't have da cojones to stand up

to da GOP fillerbustering and conservative democrats playing hard ball asking for kickbacks to vote yes when they should've just did so without da drama.

thats ALL obama's fault because he lacked leadership in those instances.

then those same blue dog dems got SLAUGHTERED in 2010 with da tea party wave getting swept in.

Ninja doesn't live in the same reality that the rest of us live in. I really don't see how hard it is to differentiate between factual info and nonfactual info.

..funny how some people criticize Obama for his somewhat "passive" approach to this debate when he was calmly and effectively clarifying his plans and ideas, as well as countering Romney's half-truths and blatant lies...It's been proven time and again, that Romney, no matter how aggressive his approach was in tonight's debate, has always been a consistent flip flopper on various topics throughout not only this campaign, but his overall political career.

..while it is true, that there are many dumb Americans who will base political rhetoric on style and aggressiveness, it is important to understand that this is certainly not a damn boxing match, and the ability to discern real issues is something I felt Obama did very well tonight...a calm but informative approach.

Obama's approach is no different than it was 4 years ago

I still think Mitt's over aggression could put him in trouble later, we'll see though

Want to know what's even funnier NT family, just how partisan some of you really are. How much you guys can ignore the fact that Obama lost tonight is ridiculous. One again I'm voting for Obama. (needed to make that clear before some you guys begin to compare me to Sean Hannity)

Even Bill Maher, whose liberal and extremely left wing said

@billmaher: i can't believe i'm saying this, but Obama looks like he DOES need a teleprompter

@billmaher: Barry, come on - lift up your shirt and show him the gun!

@billmaher: final takeaway: Mitt finally shook the etch-a-sketch- the moderate re-emerged. He flip-flops like he's been tasered, but hey, he's a winner!

The American public has weighed in, y'all have to stop ignoring it.

Want to know what's even funnier NT family, just how partisan some of you really are. How much you guys can ignore the fact that Obama lost tonight is ridiculous. One again I'm voting for Obama. (needed to make that clear before some you guys begin to compare me to Sean Hannity)

Even Bill Maher, whose liberal and extremely left wing said

@billmaher: i can't believe i'm saying this, but Obama looks like he DOES need a teleprompter

@billmaher: Barry, come on - lift up your shirt and show him the gun!

@billmaher: final takeaway: Mitt finally shook the etch-a-sketch- the moderate re-emerged. He flip-flops like he's been tasered, but hey, he's a winner!

The American public has weighed in, y'all have to stop ignoring it.
Ignoring what?

Mitt Romney did not make a substantive argument one way or the other on any topic.

Thats not winning to me.

I don't watch debates to see who looks better. I don't have time to worry about tone and appearance.

If we're talking facts, there is only one winner here. 

chris mathews from MSNBC even said obama lost...da rest of ya need to just suck it up, and hope big O put up a better fight for round 2.

NOOOOOO... we just don't allow flare and a "good presentation" to control what is actually being argued. The facts are there, and yet again Mitt just didn't present them and we see that. Period.

Back
Top Bottom