***Official Political Discussion Thread***

This is the **** I'm taking about :smh: :lol:

It felt him on 60% but other 40% was nonsense.

I loves how the biggest Bernie supporter in the black community, calls himself a free market loving libertarian at the end.

WTF man, like WTF

Killer Mike lost a fan.

I rock with his end goals, but intentionally putting people of color in a worse spot (and yes, things CAN move backwards) by withholding your vote is asinine.

Not to mention there are other people affected besides black folks (Muslims, women, etc.). We now have a government completely controlled by Republicans and the Supreme Court will be affected by this, which will impact lives for generations.

I'm all for revolution, but just saying **** it I'm staying home isn't the answer. The ideals that he supposedly champions were just placed in serious jeopardy with the election of Trump. :smh:

Hillary Clinton is probably the most qualified person the has ever ran for president. It is a uphill battle for a woman to win

She would have to be Michelle Obama likable, with Hillary's resumes, and be as squeaky clean as Obama.

There aren't many of those unicorns running around

Seriously,this result is devastating for feminism as a whole. Ironically,the demographic which mostly encompasses that movement went a majority of the way to Trump :smh:

Last edited:
Hillary Clinton is probably the most qualified person the has ever ran for president. It is a uphill battle for a woman to win

She would have to be Michelle Obama likable, with Hillary's resumes, and be as squeaky clean as Barrack Obama.

I don't think her gender had much to do with her downfall in this election. Just my .02

Last edited:
Y'all see this person on the America reacts part of Snapchat? :x
Said she would rather have a racist arrogant womanizer of a president than a "criminal"

She would have to be Michelle Obama likable, with Hillary's resumes, and be as squeaky clean as Obama.

Seriously,this result is devastating for feminism as a whole. Ironically,the demographic which mostly encompasses that movement went a majority of the way to Trump :smh:

Hillary Clinton made a fatal error in letting suburban white women know that her brand of feminism included women of color.

Rex called it

Last edited:
This is the **** I'm taking about
mean.gif
laugh.gif

I loves how the biggest Bernie supporter in the black community, calls himself a free market loving libertarian at the end.

WTF man, like WTF
LOL. It is disturbing that he called himself a free market loving libertarian.

I feel like more Black people are starting to think this way. I think more Americans period are starting to think this way. 

Bernie Sanders started off his movement from an anti-establishment angle but I think he lost those people when he backed Hillary.
As a Bernie donor (The only [political campaign I have ever donated to) has anybody considered that Hillary Clinton was and always been a bad candidate? Has it sunk in a whole boat load of people that voted for a black president in some cases twice could not bring themselves to vote for Hillary Clinton and in some cases drove them to Donald Trump? Also has anybody talked about how this might not be about racism at all? The Klan votes in every election for somebody. Maybe you can't declare open season in every form of media know to mock a large minority of Americans and not have them unite and do something about it (perception is reality). I think painting this election as some sort of black/white good vs evil struggle is a mistake. We need to learn the why. The real why. Saying that almost exactly half our fellow citizens are just big racists (and whatever else you can think of) is more likely than not true. My 2 cents.

Do any of you think there was a "bait & switch" with Trump after hearing his victory speech? He said what he had to say to get elected, but will be much different once he gets to office? I guess that's an overly optimistic way of looking at things....but what some of the people who voted for him don't realize, they'll be the ones hurt because he won't do nearly any of the things he was saying leading up to last night. Won't be long before many of his supporters turn on him. Hopefully.

Yes. He's not going to act the way he did on the campaign trail once he gets in office. He isn't going to build a wall. He isn't going to start dropping nukes. He isn't going to kick out Muslims. None of that stuff is going to happen. And it doesnt matter because thats what politicians do. Obama didn't keep half his promises. Doesn't matter. Same with previous Presidents.

I get not being happy with the result, but all this "i'm scared of the future" nonsense is exactly that. Nonsense. Bush didnt change my life. Obama didnt change my life. and Trump will not change my life.

Just read that Trump got 55% of the Cuban-American vote in Florida...

Clinton got 42%

:wow:

Hillary Clinton made a fatal error in letting suburban white women know that her brand of feminism concluded women of color.

Rex called it

Exactly, people don't realize that feminism doesn't include minority women. They want the support of minority women but only to push their agenda, but when it's all said and done, it's "oh, we didn't know. Why do you bring race into everything, just be happy for us."

If I was speaking to someone that claims to be a bernie sanders supporter which I was as well and if Clinton was what drove them to Trump I would tell them they never really believed anything Sanders said or stood for.
Maybe they didn't but it's what seemed to happen in some cases. I'm in the RCA phase of this. So I'm trying to figure out how this went down. And IMHO there are a lot of just lazy answers to a much more complex issue.
Its a very complex dillemma that one can not put all the blame in one place. The demons of this country (racism, sexism etc) and that many people still hold these mindsets have to be addressed, how to increase voter turnout (all the way from apathy to straight up voter suppression) have to be addressed, both parties need to go through massive shifts and address their bases, we need to figure out  away to have better third party candidates cause they are far from legitimate alternatives right now, the influence of the FBI on an election has to be addressed etc. Alot of things caused this to happen alot of things need to change.
Supreme Court Justices have no term limits?
no they are appointed for life and that Trump can choose potentially two is devastating. I fear for my children and their children.

Seriously,this result is devastating for feminism as a whole. Ironically,the demographic which mostly encompasses that movement went a majority of the way to Trump
mean.gif
Hillary Clinton made a fatal error in letting suburban white women know that her brand of feminism concluded women of color.

Rex called it
Sadly feminism in this country is very racialized. It was a fear of mines that would effect how white women would vote as well.

This is the **** I'm taking about :smh: :lol:

WTF man, like WTF

Killer Mike lost a fan.

I rock with his end goals, but intentionally putting people of color in a worse spot (and yes, things CAN move backwards) by withholding your vote is asinine.

Not to mention there are other people affected besides black folks (Muslims, women, etc.). We now have a government completely controlled by Republicans and the Supreme Court will be affected by this, which will impact lives for generations.

I'm all for revolution, but just saying **** it I'm staying home isn't the answer. The ideals that he supposedly champions were just placed in serious jeopardy with the election of Trump. :smh:

He is so full of it in this video.

She say he is not worried, which ignores the fact all black people are not in the same economic position as he is, and that he hasn't lived through all the hell of the pass.

He was running around with Bernie talking this "I want what is best for all people" but I guess **** that sentiment now.

Dude had a legit question and concern regarding fallout to this plan (if it was adopted), and he plays the "well you're white" card and throws our a red herrings about Australian problems

Then he is libertarian, ok. So why were you talking about social democracy being the best thing for black people last year. But now claiming the free market will take care of things (it is the free market that routinely works against black people)

Yeah, he lost

Last edited:

Rex called it

Exactly, people don't realize that feminism doesn't include minority women. They want the support of minority women but only to push their agenda, but when it's all said and done, it's "oh, we didn't know. Why do you bring race into everything, just be happy for us."

Yup,black and other feminists of color have been trying to tell us this for years too. Susan B Anthony herself did some racist **** and was implicit in segregating the suffragette/early feminist movement early on.

Just read that Trump got 55% of the Cuban-American vote in Florida...

Clinton got 42%

eek.gif
Another thing that needs to be addressed is americas racial categories. Latino/a is to broad that includes everything from Mexico down in America and that is two broad to be able to properly gauge how a group that large will vote.

Rex called it

concluded? Explain further. 

typo, meant included

Hillary's feminism messaging included a lot of women of color. She was saying helping them was important too.

That is something the rich white entitled feminist doesn't really latch onto

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom