***Official Political Discussion Thread***

A whole bunch of "imagines" and "supposes" in that opinion piece.

And you know why the government should take on infrastructure projects?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/signs-stimulus/story?id=11163180

$15 million to post signs for touting the stimulus projects. 17 jobs created.

And your guy Klain oversaw it. He's just partisan hypocrite talking out his ***.

Rusty reduced to repositing editorialized pieces.. what a time to be alive :lol:

btw.. Rusty should see how liberal Mayor Deblasio is trying to expand affordable housing infrastructure by giving away private sector tax credits (421a)...

I have never claimed that economics was my forte. I always put myself on the political side of things. Every now and then I can refute a claim with my own knowledge but more often than not I'll defer to someone more well versed than I. However, when a staunch liberal and member of Obama's economic inner circle drops an opinion piece filled with buzzwords and rhetoric meant to inspire fear and skepticism instead of objective thought. That's when I cry foul. It's academic partisanship.

The monkey picture was definitely in poor taste. And you and I both know that if anyone posted a pic like that about Obama. It'd probably be their last day on this board.

-I am telling you that you can't dismiss his economic argument, because of ignorant of the subject, so you dismissing him on grounds of being a liberal is nonsense.

You have nothing to cry foul about, because you don't even understand the argument being made. You just making a fallacious argument, not trying to keep things honest.

-Second, the orangutan pic is to mock Trump's hair color and weight. If it is to mock about it would be to mock his ethnicity. False equivalency

A whole bunch of "imagines" and "supposes" in that opinion piece.

And you know why the government should take on infrastructure projects?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/signs-stimulus/story?id=11163180

$15 million to post signs for touting the stimulus projects. 17 jobs created.

And your guy Klain oversaw it. He's just partisan hypocrite talking out his ***.

Rusty reduced to repositing editorialized pieces.. what a time to be alive :lol:

btw.. Rusty should see how liberal Mayor Deblasio is trying to expand affordable housing infrastructure by giving away private sector tax credits (421a)...

-Ninja, you don't understand basic economics. I am no expert at all, but I understand basics, and that alone allows me to embarrass you if you try to argue the subject. Like I have in the past.

Please, sit down. For you own sake.

Tax credits can not be used to fund some project because the private sector has no way to monetize it.

-And funny the first example to run for is using tax credits to provide affordable housing in NYC, and you mention it is a liberal doing it.

I bet the irony is completely lost on you :lol:

Last edited:
The guy has a damn Nobel prize in economics and numerous other awards but a few short notes about Trump's infrastructure bill should be entirely discounted because he is a liberal. I guess that Brexit quote "we have had enough of experts" really does ring true 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Ninja taking shots at me posting economist breaking down the short coming of Trump's infrastructure plan.

But when we asked him to defend his mans, he linked to an interview of a Fiance guy on Trump's payroll.....

Still waiting on Ninja to explain how Trump's proposal to levy a 35% tax on import goods from companies who moved their production from the US to a foreign country is economicable feasible and how it will affect consumer prices :nerd:
http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/15/news/economy/trump-tariff-ford-mexico/

http://www.wnyc.org/story/entrepreneurs-trump

funny you should bring it up, here's a 27 min dismantling of da current economic climate courtesy of a NPR segment.

Da hypocrisy

Child please :lol:

Last edited:
If you read the article the tone of it as well as affiliations show a clear lack of objectivity. Anyone can see that.

"Consider the source..."

And to Zik, but Obama didn't run. Hillary did and he threw all his support and political capital behind her. And she lost. This is politics, if you hitch your wagon to someone and they fail miserably it reflects poorly on you. Imagine you

Don't be obtuse. You know this is true.

If you read the article the tone of it as well as affiliations show a clear lack of objectivity. Anyone can see that.

"Consider the source..."

And to Zik, but Obama didn't run. Hillary did and he threw all his support and political capital behind her. And she lost. This is politics, if you hitch your wagon to someone and they fail miserably it reflects poorly on you. Imagine you

Don't be obtuse. You know this is true.

But you can't for the life of you argue against the content of his piece, because you don't understand the subject matter.

Let us keep that in mind

-Funny you didn't have these objections when Ninja was posting article and interviews from Trump employees

Last edited:
Imagine you recommend someone you know for a position at your job. You give them glowing praise. Then they get hired and **** up royally. Your reputation is shattered and no one will take you seriously again.

But you can't for the life of you argue against the content of his piece, because you don't understand the subject matter.

Let us keep that in mind

-Funny you didn't have these objections when Ninja was posting article and interviews from Trump employees
Let us also consider you defended laci green as a legit source and have been more wrong for months than a cnn election poll 
laugh.gif

If the government focuses on infrastructure the right way not only would it benefit everybody's daily life but jobs are guaranteed to be created as well...should be positive for the economy but Trump is probly gonna mess it up

Healthcare, education , and infrastructure are 3 things the govt should always have poppin...the country has pretty much lost its way on this for a while now tho :smh:

Imagine you recommend someone you know for a position at your job. You give them glowing praise. Then they get hired and **** up royally. Your reputation is shattered and no one will take you seriously again.
This is not what happened with Obama tho...so try another example

If the government focuses on infrastructure the right way not only would it benefit everybody's daily life but jobs are guaranteed to be created as well...should be positive for the economy but Trump is probly gonna mess it up

Healthcare, education , and infrastructure are 3 things the govt should always have poppin...the country has pretty much lost its way on this for a while now tho :smh:

Country got too comfortable, when you become a world power so soon, you might think you got it all together and tend to ignore your problems..

Let us keep that in mind

Let us also consider you defended laci green as a legit source and have been more wrong for months than a cnn election poll :lol:

-Let us be clear I told you the content of the video should not be dismissed because of her profession. You had no comeback for the content, you just wanted to shoot the messenger

-Besides the election results, what else have I been wrong on Tiantium Troll

Let us keep that in mind

There are those here that no more than me on such matters. I merely made my objections known and pointed out the partisanship that the piece represented. I used to be more knowledgeable on economic theory and practice before but it wasn't my thing so I moved to the political side. But that's not excuse. I'll go and do some readings and gain a firmer non biased understanding and will come back to shut you and your cronies down, as usual. Enjoy this little win. Especially after the monumental loss you took earlier this month.
Cheers.

I have no idea what the hell you're even talking about with this analogy.

Are you just deflection from the fact you can't argue against Krugman's points?

Everyone knows that Krugman comes in two flavors, the political pundit and the economist. This is the economist. The pundit is often times wrong, but even people that hate Krugman admit that he has a deep understanding on the subject of economics. If he was just lashing out at the right, you would be able to tell.

-Let us be clear I told you the content of the video should not be dismissed because of her profession. You had no comeback for the content, you just wanted to shoot the messenger

The election results were all encompassing though. You didn't just pick the wrong candidate, everything you said about the electorate, the labor day reset, the polls you touted as gospel, your reasoning why Hillary would win in a landslide. Everything you said was completely wrong. It was way more than one thing.

I have no idea what the hell you're even talking about with this analogy.

Are you just deflection from the fact you can't argue against Krugman's points?

Everyone knows that Krugman comes in two flavors, the political pundit and the economist. This is the economist. The pundit is often times wrong, but even people that hate Krugman admit that he has a deep understanding on the subject of economics. If he was just lashing out at the right, you would be able to tell.

That was in response to Master Zik. I just didn't quote him.

Let us keep that in mind

There are those here that no more than me on such matters. I merely made my objections known and pointed out the partisanship that the piece represented. I used to be more knowledgeable on economic theory and practice before but it wasn't my thing so I moved to the political side. But that's not excuse. I'll go and do some readings and gain a firmer non biased understanding and will come back to shut you and your cronies down, as usual. Enjoy this little win. Especially after the monumental loss you took earlier this month.
Cheers.

You sound saltier than Vegeta after Goku saves his ***.

Talking about "you'll be back"

I already know the counter argument for Krugman's points, so happy studying, we'll be around.

But lemme have a drink to celebrate you finally admitting you don't know what you're talking about.........

The election results were all encompassing though. You didn't just pick the wrong candidate, everything you said about the electorate, the labor day reset, the polls you touted as gospel, your reasoning why Hillary would win in a landslide. Everything you said was completely wrong. It was way more than one thing.

I admit I was wrong on the election resaults. Ok

But that is about it. Trump's economic plans are still disastrous, he is still a bigot, he is still unprepared to be president. etc.

Last edited:
the fact that dude views this like a sporting event is troubling but expected.

Uhh yea. I've said many times that politics is the greatest sport man ever invented. I don't go into the Sports forum because I don't follow any. Politics is far more entertaining and consequential.

There's a reason that Chris Matthew's best seller is called Hardball. It's also a staple on every political science and American government reading list.

Such a poor taste. And you know full well if anyone had made a response like this about anyone in the first family, you would be screaming for his head. Shame on you. :smh:
As Rusty said, it's a false equivalency. The comments comparing Obama or Michele to monkeys are directly racist attacks having to do with their skin color. The attacks on Trump have to do with the way he carries himself and colors himself and have no basis in any historical bias (well I'm sure you could dig up something obscure, but that's not the point).

Anyway... the point is this: the birther attack on Obama was a racist and hateful movement that persisted for years mainly because of Trump. That is fact. Don't be obtuse about it.

My attacks on Trump's appearance are direct payback for his years of bull ****.

If you're going to condemn me, first condemn the hundreds of times Trump has attacked other people's appearance.

Me and the orange ape await your reply.

Last edited:
It is not suppose to be entertaining. Interesting sure, but not entertaining.

It is important, if effects people's lives. We should be worrying more about good policy, and good governance.

Not making our political process into a spectacular sport.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom