***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Meh
The auto bailout was still better

he undermined that good will with cafe mandates, that just went thru a rush job yesterday.

Trump Geein' off this carrier deal..CNN x Fox X,MSNBC speech

wait till Trump repatriates that overseas money :smokin

I love how you make this comment, yet ignore the article I post about repatriation under Bush failed :lol:

guess u forgot that da economy was going to a straight tailspin and companies was more worried about staying whole...

Hopefully he understands that war is not the best go to, n that diplomacy is needed. If, in the kase we do aktually go to war, our kurrent konflikts n dubious wars on drugs n terror exkluded, its good to have someone that knows what hes doin. Dont kno much, if anything at all, about him, so if yall have some artikles easy on the word kount for us that like to read on the toilet, id appreciate it :lol: n [emoji]127867[/emoji]

Meh
The auto bailout was still better

he undermined that good will with cafe mandates, that just went thru a rush job yesterday.

Trump Geein' off this carrier deal..CNN x Fox X,MSNBC speech

wait till Trump repatriates that overseas money :smokin

I love how you make this comment, yet ignore the article I post about repatriation under Bush failed :lol:

guess u forgot that da economy was going to a straight tailspin and companies was more worried about staying whole...

Why do you insist on not reading and making yourself look uniformed and silly?

The article is from 2009, the tax holiday was in 2004, when we were not in a recession and real GDP growth for that year was 3.8%, and 3.3% the following year.

If you had just taken the time to browse the article, you could have avoid this ignorant comment.

Like why do you refuse to educate yourself Ninja? Huh?

Last edited:
-He "saved" these jobs in the exact opposite way he said he would. Carrier is getting tax breaks, not a tax penalty.

-It is a PR win, but a shallow one. They ran the company tax breaks to stay, they can't just do that to everyone that makes a threat.

-You still don't understand cost of production. Labor is way cheaper in Mexico, with NAFTA it is way cheaper to manufacturer in Mexico and ship to the USA, than to manufacturer in the USA. All the tax breaks will do is put more money in the pockets of exces, because they keep for of their profits made in the USA. It is not going lower their labor cost, it is not lower their manufacturing cost.

And what is stopping Mexico from giving tax incentives to get more companies to comes? Any country can undercut the US to make leaving the US more appealing.

There is nothing Trump can do to stop that. And the GOP doesn't want to pull out of NAFTA, big business doesn't want to pull out of NAFTA, the most Trump could possibly do is give another shallow victory in that area.

All tax cuts do is lower the threshold at which companies are indifferent or it is profit maximizing to produce in the US. A ton of things outside of Trump's and the US government's control can throw that off.

You really need to learn basic economics

As soon as a progressive hears "tax cut" it's like nails on a chalk board

He incentivized the situation by implementing a tax cut for the exchange of the plant staying open. They plan on spending 16 million to renovate the plant as well, more then double the amount of the cuts, money that is flowing back into the economy. On top of that the 7 million dollar tax credit is over 10 years so it was a great win. A great example of how tax cutting will implement and support reinvestment into business

The whole point here is to make sure the jobs aren't continuing to go across state lines. It won't happen over night but this is a terrific start to say the least.

I'm not sure why you are taking up for Nafta and stating it would be more of a cost effective move to outsource.. I thought your ideologies were against outsourcing to foreign countries lol

Last edited:
I'm not sure why you are taking up for Nafta and stating it would be more of a cost effective move to outsource.. I thought your ideologies were against outsourcing to foreign countries lol
Whether someone agrees with it or not, it is often more cost effective to manufacture outside of the U.S.

Calexit is not gonna happen.

Trying to leave the union is pretty much a declaration of war.

The military will be invading Sacramento if that was ever tried seriously

Them sorry *** other states dont want none, we got this :smokin

Hopefully they shoot Californians some of that money not to leave :smokin
Californian corporations are def gonna stay because of the reduced capital gains tax and increase in tax credits to reduce their tax liability. It's going to hurt our federal government when they want to create a budget for social welfare programs, education, and infrastructure, but it is what it is.
Money talks after all.

Im talkin us voters, kuz otherwise we out [emoji]9996[/emoji]

Good luck payin Bubba Klansmans medikal bills NYC :lol:

#Calexit

ayo b, da second that happens, da "Jefferson State" in Norcal breaks off from da rest of California and returns asap. :lol:

Bless your heart, like san francisco aint in norcal, n they even more left leaning than socal...stick to ****ty *** hemis n ls engines bruh, you dont kno **** bout Cali

oh yeah?

Whether someone agrees with it or not, it is often more cost effective to manufacture outside of the U.S.

da days of free trade globalization without thinking America first are over.

It's just funny how peoples posture changes based on who made the deal. If it was Bernie who made this move he wouldn't have responded that way, there would have been praise.. but because Trump tends to lean right, he had to say something like utilizing Nafta to outsource would have a better outcome (completely against his progressive ideologies)

Calexit is not gonna happen.

Trying to leave the union is pretty much a declaration of war.

The military will be invading Sacramento if that was ever tried seriously

Them sorry *** other states dont want none, we got this :smokin

Hopefully they shoot Californians some of that money not to leave :smokin
Californian corporations are def gonna stay because of the reduced capital gains tax and increase in tax credits to reduce their tax liability. It's going to hurt our federal government when they want to create a budget for social welfare programs, education, and infrastructure, but it is what it is.
Money talks after all.

Im talkin us voters, kuz otherwise we out [emoji]9996[/emoji]

Good luck payin Bubba Klansmans medikal bills NYC :lol:

#Calexit

ayo b, da second that happens, da "Jefferson State" in Norcal breaks off from da rest of California and returns asap. :lol:

Bless your heart, like san francisco aint in norcal, n they even more left leaning than socal...stick to ****ty *** hemis n ls engines bruh, you dont kno **** bout Cali

oh yeah?

Stop komin at me with vids n artikles from bum ****d nowhere...how am i supposed to take whatever non kommercial ad revenue makin news station report serious...i swear we playin in the world series while some kats are out here playin stick ball in a back alley :smh:

maybe if u knew more about Northern California's separation ambitions from its tyrannical southern population you wouldn't be so out da loop. :lol:

It's just funny how peoples posture changes based on who made the deal. If it was Bernie who made this move he wouldn't have responded that way, there would have been praise.. but because Trump tends to lean right, he had to say something like utilizing Nafta to outsource would have a better outcome (completely against his progressive ideologies)
Oh ok, but that's not what he said. 

Also, if I recall correctly, Rusty isn't super pro Bernie.

Guy complains about bias
Then shouts out Trump's talking points
Ok pal :lol:
Sorry that we aren't Trump supporters
Everyone's biased to a certain ideology jeez
The thread features a lot of liberal and conservative talk anyway.

maybe if u knew more about Northern California's separation ambitions from its tyrannical southern population you wouldn't be so out da loop. :lol:

Yet you kontinue to pull fake news from outta ya ***...yeah you got it :lol:

Meanwhile, im just gonna keep soakin up this beautiful sunshine, gorgeous geography, best weed n women, n not take advice from someone thats klear akross the kountry tryna school me on my own state :smokin

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/what-just-happened-with-carrier-is-crazy-223106708.html

From 2011 to 2013, the city of Indianapolis and the state of Indiana gave Carrier and an affiliated company $1.7 million in grants and tax incentives, as an inducement to keep two manufacturing plants in the state and bring additional work in. It turned out not to be enough.

Earlier this year, Carrier said it would move those factories to Mexico, eliminating 2,000 jobs and saving $65 million. Indiana and its governor, Mike Pence, demanded most of the tax break money back, and got it.

Then Donald Trump got elected president. Trump had bashed Carrier while campaigning, saying that if he were president, companies wouldn’t get away with such a move. And now, Trump has persuaded Carrier to keep at least half of the 2,000 jobs it planned to outsource in Indiana, a remarkable instance of federal arm-twisting aimed at a single corporation. “Companies are not going to leave the U.S. anymore without consequences,” Trump said while touring the Carrier factory in Indiana.

To reach the deal, Indiana reportedly offered the heating and air conditioning company $7 million in new tax incentives, more than 4 times the previous inducement. So in that regard, Trump may have helped Carrier get a better deal. And there’s no federal commitment—the money will supposedly come from Indiana, courtesy of Hoosier taxpayers.

There’s also the possibility that Trump’s negotiators privately threatened to scale back on contracts awarded to Carrier’s parent company, United Technologies (UTX), a big defense contractor with more than $5 billion in annual revenue from federal contracts. Or, Trump may have promised UT a louder voice in upcoming negotiations over tax cuts and regulatory cutbacks than it might have otherwise had.

The deal is obviously good news for the Carrier workers who get to keep their jobs, but Trump’s intervention in a public company’s business decisions springs all kinds of red flags. For one thing, tax incentives are generally a lousy way to keep jobs, even though many states offer them. One study found that states spent an average of $456,00 per job to lure or keep employers within their boundaries, an amount that raises the question—why not just give the money to workers directly? Another study pointed out that tax breaks are rarely targeted at the young, growing companies that create most new jobs, and instead tend to go to big, established companies that don’t do much new hiring.

Perverse incentives

Tax breaks also create perverse incentives. Companies, for instance, have learned to play one state off another when angling for the best tax deal they can get for a new plant or facility. When the state of Connecticut wouldn’t lower General Electric’s taxes, it decided to move its headquarters to Boston, where it got a much better deal. Companies could do the same thing at the federal level by threatening to move jobs out of the country, to see what Trump might offer them to stay.

Tax incentives that offset the cost of labor also give companies a stronger incentive to substitute automation and other types of technology for labor, as long as they’re not committed to a minimum number of jobs. That way, employers can benefit from tax breaks while still lowering labor costs by replacing people with machines.

It’s also obvious that Trump can’t negotiate tax incentives one-by-one with every company that’s considering offshoring jobs. Republicans have said for decades that the government shouldn’t be in the business of picking winners and losers, and it should stay out of the way instead of trying to influence corporate decision-making. Trump obviously feels differently. A lot of CEOs should probably start to prepare for an unexpected phone call.

Oh Ninja
You and Rico especially came in here regularly with conservative talking points during the whole election process
It's not like you guys got censored for what you guys posted.
Boohoo that NT is filled with more liberals than conservatives

Last edited:
its called lower Corporate taxes and rolling back regulations.

Carrier deal was straight win win politically and for those 1100+ jobs, a blessing for da holidays

:rolleyes
The articles states that Carrier uses the state of Indiana as hostage, so while in the short run some of the jobs are kept, Carriee can threaten more in the future to gain more tax breaks which will plunder more of the state's treasury, which could have been used to improve state infrastructure, education, and other programs.
While Trump may be doing some good, overall what Carrier doing is legal ransom, and instead of getting punished for trying to outsource, they get rewarded for only keeping some jobs that may not be guaranteed to be there after 3-4 years.

:rofl:

I know some of yall joking about Calexit but yall do know how stupid it would be if that was done?

You'd be be better off hoping for a massive earthquake that turned Cali in to an island.

Elaborate?
On which part?

Hoping for a massive earthquake that distances you from the country as your state drifts in to the Pacific?

or California literally attempting to secede from the union (which is not at all similar to Brits leaving the EU) being unfeasible and unacceptable to the USA?

Don't tell me you really think yall can vote your way out of America. You either gonna get down or lay down.

:rofl:

I know some of yall joking about Calexit but yall do know how stupid it would be if that was done?

You'd be be better off hoping for a massive earthquake that turned Cali in to an island.

Wed be stupid to stay, n do you kno how many pools we got? Everyone in Cali kan swim
So you really think attempting to become your own sovereign state while still attached to America (while Donald Trump is president) is less stupid than waiting out 4 possible years of Donald Trump? Really? Yall gotta be smoking that good loud out there then.

Or is it that the US has reached the point of no return and yall want out no matter what?

There'd be a Californian Civil War underway before the US drone strikes began.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom