***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Take a pause from the E threats
Bill Kristol: 'It Won't Kill The Country If We Raise Taxes' On Millionaires (VIDEO) Posted: 11/11/2012 11:02 am EST Updated: 11/11/2012 1:09 pm EST
WASHINGTON -- Conservative commentator and Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol said Sunday the Republican Party should accept new ideas, including the much-criticized suggestion by Democrats that taxes be allowed to go up on the wealthy.
"It won't kill the country if we raise taxes a little bit on millionaires," he said on "Fox News Sunday." "It really won't, I don't think. I don't really understand why Republicans don't take Obama's offer."
"Really? The Republican Party is going to fall on its sword to defend a bunch of millionaires, half of whom voted Democratic and half of whom live in Hollywood and are hostile?" he asked.

Somebody posted a chart earlier that said 8/10 richest counties voted for Obama, and like 2 or 3 heavily favored Obama :lol:

Republicans out here fighting for people who ain't even rockin with them.

Also on the flip-side 17/20 poorest counties voted for Obama too. Losing on both ends.

Last edited:
That was me.
smile.gif

Gilbert PD: Daniel Solomon run over by wife, Holly Solomon, for not voting

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...run-over-by-wife-for-not-voting#ixzz2C43dD6mJ

GILBERT, AZ - A Mesa woman was arrested Saturday after she allegedly chased her husband around a Gilbert parking lot in an SUV during an argument over the presidential election.

The woman finally ran over her husband, leaving him with critical injuries.

According to a Gilbert police report, the argument started over her husband's lack of voter participation in the recent election.

Holly Solomon, 28, apparently believed her family was going to face hardship as a result of President Barack Obama's re-election.

Solomon's husband, Daniel Solomon, told police his wife "just hated Obama" and was very angry he was re-elected and blamed the President for problems her family is going through.

Witnesses reported a lot of yelling just before Holly got into a Jeep SUV and began chasing her husband through the parking lot near Gilbert and Elliot roads.

"He got out of the car and she was screaming at him. And he started walking away and she started driving in circles around him and she wouldn't let him go so finally he took off to try to get away and she ran into him," a called told a 911 dispatcher.

Daniel reportedly took refuge behind a light pole while Holly drove around the pole several times while continuing to yell at him.

Police said Daniel tried to run away toward Gilbert Road as Holly pursued him in the vehicle.

She eventually struck her husband and he was pinned underneath, between the vehicle and a curb.

Daniel was taken to Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center and remains there in critical condition, according to police.

Holly was taken into custody and booked into jail for domestic violence charges of aggravated assault.

Police said there were no indications that Holly was impaired by alcohol or drugs during the incident.

According to a police report, Daniel told police his wife is six months pregnant.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Attempted Murder if he pulls through.. Murder if he doesn't.

Last edited:
Somebody posted a chart earlier that said 8/10 richest counties voted for Obama, and like 2 or 3 heavily favored Obama :lol:
Also on the flip-side 17/20 poorest counties voted for Obama too. Losing on both ends.

I thought the Republican Party was the party of the "rich"?

Last edited:
Interesting, Mitt Romney received not even 1 vote in 59 districts in Philly, and 0 so far in 9 Cleveland districts.... Damn is that even possible lmao?:x

I just think its more the republican party doesnt want Obama to succeed rather than they care about the rich. Its more of a spite thing. Just how I read a stat that said, 70% of people on government assistance are in red states.

I just think its more the republican party doesnt want Obama to succeed rather than they care about the rich. Its more of a spite thing. Just how I read a stat that said, 70% of people on government assistance are in red states.

Which is such an ignorant stance to have. How can you hope the President fails? That means the country will fail, the economy will fail, and your standard of living will likely decrease.

Despite what some people on here think, this is why I believe a good portion of the hate for Obama is race based. I've never seen so many people wishing a President would fail at his job, even if they didnt vote for him.

This^^

The republicans have a cut of your nose to spite your face approach to politics at this point. Living in the DMV there is a lot of republican/conservative talk radio and all they ever talk about is counter point to what the democrats are doing. It's almost comical, its almost as if democrats have never had a good or original idea. The sad part is that it's conservative blowhards who are really running the republican party (see Hannity, Beck, Limbaugh, Levin, Fox News) this is where the majority of republican supporters are getting their talking points. And if you are a thinking person those people just come off as trolls and borderline 'out of touch'.

And at this point conservatives are hoping for a failed 'next 4 years', and that is terribly sad, How can you 'hope' for your country to fail! All for the sake of saying that 'you were right'?
mean.gif

All that dude CJ just needs to do is go stand just outside the Washington Heights, scream "NINJAHOOD!!!!!" "NINJAHOOD!!!" "NINJAHOOD!!!!" . Like Brad Pitt did in the Troy.

Then the crowned Prince of the Heightz will appear with his royal musket and weaponized platanos, ready to do battle.

]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: glad I came back in this thread. This is tooooooo much man :lol:

When people come to da US illegally its like when people sell drugs..sure i aint knockin
Da hustle, but lets not at like they themselves dont understand da chances they take doing so, accountability
Lies with them. I got a cousin who works for ICE & he's worked both northen & southern borders, he's Dominican
& tells me every day about cartel shipments intercepted, & finding people hidden in spare tire wells.
After alwhile he asked to be transfered from da mexican border to da Canadian border cuz he felt he aint wanna do it to his own people anymore, bit its
Not his fault, its policy issues from da top down that havent addressed immigration reform, THIS is where obama DROPPED da ball during his first term.
Romney is also more impressive then obama financially, da resumes speak for itself, so to act like obama is a sterling example of a president on his first
Term da way people here was touting him was just bad left bias. We all know romney was ALOT more moderate & da tea party/evangelical double team
Pummeled him for even thinking on caving on social issues, we all seen da primaries, it was a freak show of right wing nuts in a pissing match to see
Who can look more Looney.
All in all we're about to hit da debt limit again & its @ 19 trillion....western Europe is broke, we keep this up & we'll b next.
Romney was more impressive in 0 categories in comparison to Obama.

"That the stars of America's national security establishment are being devoured by out-of-control surveillance is a form of sweet justice," - Glenn Greenwald

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/nov/13/petraeus-surveillance-state-fbi

Glenn Greenwald ‏@ggreenwald

FBI's abuse of the surveillance state in the Petraeus case is the real scandal needing investigation http://is.gd/CeMxdz

Proposed title for the movie about the Petraeus scandal: The Surveillance State Eats Itself (h/t @trevortimm)

:rofl: :pimp:

Seems like one potential scandal is how invasive the FBI's digging into emails became all to help out an agent's friend http://is.gd/lRdim7

Re: the Petraeus case: why did those initial emails - which don't mention him & aren't illegal - trigger such a big FBI investigation?

Media reverence for Generals is so creepy & wrong - Andrea Mitchell was in mourning - now: http://is.gd/9GNc3R & http://is.gd/Y1EGXJ

Witch

Richard Engel suggests Petraeus wasn't liked at CIA - that CIA had to invite FBI to investigate him.

Petraeus and Paula Broadwell have actually done us all a favor by making manifest what access journalism is all about.

Touche

jeremy scahill ‏@jeremyscahill

We are discussing crying? I've sat with Yemeni mothers crying because their children were shredded into meat by US missiles.

jeremy scahill ‏@jeremyscahill

I have scores of pics of children mutilated in Obama-ordered strikes in Yemen if anyone is interested in including that in cute photo essays
Retweeted by Glenn Greenwald

Ryan Surprised by Voters in ‘Urban Areas’
By MICHAEL D. SHEAR

Representative Paul D. Ryan of Wisconsin on Monday blamed Democratic turnout in “urban areas” for the loss by the Republican presidential ticket last week, saying he was surprised that he and Mitt Romney did not do better in the nation’s big cities.

“The surprise was some of the turnout, some of the turnout especially in urban areas, which gave President Obama the big margin to win this race,” Mr. Ryan said in an interview with WISC-TV. “When we watched Virginia and Ohio coming in, and those ones coming in as tight as they were, and looking like we were going to lose them, that’s when it became clear we weren’t going to win.”

The remarks prompted scorn from some liberals who viewed Mr. Ryan as blaming inner-city minorities for the Republican defeat.

“Paul Ryan emerged from dustbin of nothingness 2 blame his & Romney’s defeat on “urban” vote,” one person tweeted. “These 2 losers continue 2 demean minorities.”

Another tweeted that “Urban vote” = minorities. Paul Ryan is saying he lost because minorities actually went out and voted. SHOCKER. MINORITIES HAVE RIGHTS, TOO.”

Several people pointed out that Mr. Romney and Mr. Ryan also lost some largely rural states with few minorities, like New Hampshire and Iowa. Those losses cannot be explained away by focusing on urban voters, they noted.

In the interview with the television station, Mr. Ryan said he did not think that the nation’s voters had rejected his long-standing ideas for how to restructure the nation’s budget and cut spending.

“I don’t think we lost it on those budget issues, especially on Medicare — we clearly didn’t lose it on those issues,”
he said.

That Bubble :lol:

at the end of the day elections only matter when the GOP wins

obama better use some clout and force  bush did whatever he wanted besides get that whacko to be on the supreme court

When people come to da US illegally its like when people sell drugs..sure i aint knockin
Da hustle, but lets not at like they themselves dont understand da chances they take doing so, accountability
Lies with them. I got a cousin who works for ICE & he's worked both northen & southern borders, he's Dominican
& tells me every day about cartel shipments intercepted, & finding people hidden in spare tire wells.
After alwhile he asked to be transfered from da mexican border to da Canadian border cuz he felt he aint wanna do it to his own people anymore, bit its
Not his fault, its policy issues from da top down that havent addressed immigration reform, THIS is where obama DROPPED da ball during his first term.
Romney is also more impressive then obama financially, da resumes speak for itself, so to act like obama is a sterling example of a president on his first
Term da way people here was touting him was just bad left bias. We all know romney was ALOT more moderate & da tea party/evangelical double team
Pummeled him for even thinking on caving on social issues, we all seen da primaries, it was a freak show of right wing nuts in a pissing match to see
All in all we're about to hit da debt limit again & its @ 19 trillion....western Europe is broke, we keep this up & we'll b next.

Umm private sector success? Yeah.... might wanna check ur list over again.

at the end of the day elections only matter when the GOP wins

obama better use some clout and force  bush did whatever he wanted besides get that whacko to be on the supreme court

Ordering the killing of a US citizens without due process isn't enough power? How much "clout" and "force" do you want, bro?

AKA NONE.

I mean if Private Sector Success means throwing workers under the bus. His impressive category cost him Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania

Last edited:

AKA NONE.

I mean if Private Sector Success means throwing workers under the bus. His impressive category cost him Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania
Not to mention Romney lost in ever single state he owns a home in.  If your not loved in your own home state, where the hell are you loved.  With that being said it's back to the drawing board for Romney and the rest of the Republican party.

Ordering the killing of a US citizens without due process isn't enough power? How much "clout" and "force" do you want, bro?
i want to see the bush tax cuts expire, tax reform, immigration reform, differant drug laws

the patriot act and all the security issues arent going to change so i wont hold my breath. pandora's box was opened and neither side will close it

Back
Top Bottom