***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Is it really another half?

For all the talk about "urban islands in a sea of red" during the election, it turns out that 80% of all Americans live in urban areas. In addition, 40% of those eligible to vote didn't show up, and Trump won with a smaller amount of votes.

The sea of Red is empty population-wise.
You assuming those who didn't vote were against Trump?

Its a hard number to quantify. Probably filled with liberals not bothering in Red states and conservatives not bothering in blue states.

So you want civil war?

Don't think it'll come to that but I could care less what they think. People who get conned this bad yet continue to vote against their own self interests in the name of intolerance deserve none of my time.

Last edited:
Animal agriculture is the biggest threat to the environment.

Really hoping all of you that are complaining are on a plant-based diet. Otherwise, your outrage holds no weight. You can't expect government to regulate when you can't even regulate what you put in your mouth.
so f it lets ban beef consumption then.. im Sure that's much easier to do, or do you suggest that we dont do anything at all

If we're going to stand up to trump, then everyone has to unite: black and white, women and men, immigrants and natives, gay and straight, scientists/doctors/lawyers/tech geeks, christians/jews/muslims/atheists, etc.

If we do then we can have everything. If not then trump and da deplorables will **** us.

But isn't that always the case with anything, we have to unite....except when black people are under fire, then black people need to take care of their own problems.

For all the talk about "urban islands in a sea of red" during the election, it turns out that 80% of all Americans live in urban areas. In addition, 40% of those eligible to vote didn't show up, and Trump won with a smaller amount of votes.

If anything, it's more than half.

The 46% of Trump voters aint riding with you.

And I'd venture to say the majority of 40% of eligible voters that dont give a **** aint riding with you, either.

If we're going to stand up to trump, then everyone has to unite: black and white, women and men, immigrants and natives, gay and straight, scientists/doctors/lawyers/tech geeks, christians/jews/muslims/atheists, etc.

If we do then we can have everything. If not then trump and da deplorables will **** us.

What happens to the other half of the country that disagree with you? Because when saying everyone, you really don't mean everyone.

They can die in a fire.

Whether it's bigotry or inferior intelligence, their transgressions are unforgivable.

So you want civil war?
they want civil war. My granny lives in a rural predominately white city, and they've made her life hell for being the only black living in a white neighborhood. She left NYC to retire in her home state in the South and it's been hell. She's lived there for 20 years and none of her neighbors have spoken a single word to her. Nooses, Confederate flags, burned crosses, kkk propaganda on her lawn in the 21st century.

Last edited:
Trump's DC hotel hit with $2 million lawsuit by electrical contractor over unpaid bills

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under...mp-hotel-lawsuit-contractor-electrical-234167

An electrical contractor is suing President Donald Trump’s Washington hotel for $2 million over what the contractor contends are unpaid bills for “nonstop” work performed to open the luxury lodging at the Old Post Office Building last year.

The suit filed in D.C. Superior Court by Laurel, Maryland-based AES Electrical, also known as Freestate Electrical, contends that the company was instructed to rush work on electrical and fire alarm systems at the hotel in advance of a visit then-candidate Trump made there for a “soft opening” in September and again for the “grand opening” of the hotel in October.

“Acceleration of Freestate’s work required Freestate’s crews to work nonstop, seven days per week, 10 to 14 hours per day for nearly 50 consecutive days, prior to the ‘soft opening,’ at significant additional cost and expense for which Freestate expected payment,” the complaint  filed by attorneys Roger Jones and Nicole Campbell says. “Subsequent to the Hotel’s ‘soft opening,’ Freestate was required to continue its acceleration efforts and the performance of extra work in order to permit the ‘grand opening’ of the Trump Hotel by October 26, 2016.”

The suit makes several references to the importance to Trump’s presidential ambitions of getting the hotel open. The complaint says the October opening was set for just before the election “to provide an opportunity for positive press coverage for Mr. Trump’s presidential campaign.”

Freestate says the Trump Organization has offered to pay only one-third of the project change and acceleration costs the contractor incurred. The suit contends that Trump’s businesses have a practice of unfairly pressuring contractors to accept reduced payments on projects.

“On information and belief, Trump’s actions in refusing to pay for work performed, after a project has opened, is a repeated practice of the Trump organizations on various projects, evidencing a typical business practice mean to force subcontractors to accept ‘pennies on the dollar’ with respect to amounts owed for the cost of the work performed,” the complaint says.

Freestate filed a lien on the Trump property last month as part of the same dispute but took the matter to court last Thursday, one day before Trump’s inauguration. The contracting firm suggests it went to court because of concerns Trump might divest his financial interest in the project. The hotel operates under a lease from the federal government that says federal officeholders should not benefit from the arrangement. Trump’s lawyers contend that provision only restricts participants in the lease at its outset and not situations that arise after the lease is signed.

Trump has resisted calls to divest from any of his businesses, but the White House says he has turned over management of the companies to his two adult sons.

The suit also names as a defendant the general contractor on the Trump hotel project, Lend Lease of New York, but says that firm claims to be holding back funds from Freestate at the Trump Organization’s direction.

Lawyers for Freestate and the Trump Organization did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

A nearly $3 million lien filed against the hotel by a plumbing and heating contractor, Joseph J. Magnolia Inc., appears to have been resolved.

If the dems can get a good candidate for 2020. Trump will get washed.
Thats not that easy. 

A bit early but there's no Obama like candidate I can see. The old guard isn't likely to be able to do it. And it got to be somebody who can cross and get back those states Hillary messed up with.

Can the couple trump sympathizers on here explain to me why Andrew Wakefield met with trump and showed up at his inauguration ball?

For those who don't know, Wakefield is the quack who published a fraudulent paper in 1998 claiming that vaccines were linked with autism. He also had his medical license revoked due to ethics violations. Worse yet, he falsified the data because he planned to profit off the backlash against vaccines.

This piece of **** is the kind of guy trump likes to work with. Along with theranos board members, another debunked and dangerous scam. Why? Because trump himself is the biggest scam of them all. How anyone can defend him is beyond me, and anyone who tries is just as bad in my book.

**** you all.

da Hollywood left been pushing that anti vaccine propaganda for years :lol:

Robert De Niro had to be shamed into not going to his own documentary bout Anti Vaccination.

that **** Festers in da upper crevasses of liberal intelligencia.

so your moral outrage rings as selective & hollow.

Last edited:
so f it lets ban beef consumption then.. im Sure that's much easier to do, or do you suggest that we dont do anything at all

I'm not for bigger government, so no. You can't dictate like that.

Until a better solution arrives, citizens should be good citizens and take responsibility for their lives. It's a problem when people look to government to regulate and rule over every aspect of their lives.

Really hoping all of you that are complaining are on a plant-based diet. Otherwise, your outrage holds no weight. You can't expect government to regulate when you can't even regulate what you put in your mouth.

Did you vote?

You assuming those who didn't vote were against Trump?

Its a hard number to quantify. Probably filled with liberals not bothering in Red states and conservatives not bothering in blue states.

I am not. What I am pointing out is that we can't know for sure that Trump is carried by half of the actual population.

It's a problem when people look to government to regulate and rule over every aspect of their lives.
Because people still don't realize how quickly that stuff can change on a dime. 
laugh.gif

da Hollywood left been pushing that anti vaccine propaganda for years
laugh.gif

Robert De Niro had to be shamed into not going to his own documentary bout Anti Vaccination.

that **** Festers in da upper crevasses of liberal intelligencia.

so your moral outrage rings as selective & hollow.
Then they are morons.

Do you think vaccines cause autism?

Last edited:

Until a better solution arrives, citizens should be good citizens and take responsibility for their lives. It's a problem when people look to government to regulate and rule over every aspect of their lives.

Drumpf isn't exactly letting that happen. So far he's trying to control the flow of people, companies, etc. It's exactly what his supporters look to him for, to save them while at the same time complaining government is too intrusive. It's asinine thinking.

I am completely for increased regulation and/or quality control measures on livestock that will have the triple effect of increasing cost, decreasing consumption, and improving the wellbeing of animals and the environment.

A complete ban on meat is not feasible but these measures are. If we didn't have an overabundance of food in this country, I would be against it. But I don't think that's the case.

What happens to the other half of the country that disagree with you? Because when saying everyone, you really don't mean everyone.
Yes I did. My opposition is not against anyone based on identity, ethnicity, creed, or ability level. In fact, what I would support would be beneficial to people in the population who are not similar to me in race, background, health, wealth, intelligence, etc.

The only people who would not be included (well, they would be included, but they would not explicitly benefit as much as before) are people in the top 1% who are not interested in being involved in the well-being of this country.

Perhaps you think I want to take away 2nd amendment rights or religious freedoms? I didn't say any of that. If anything this diverse coalition of Americans and the agenda would promote religious freedoms and, at the very most, limit gun violence as it pertains to the "carnage" in Chicago but wouldn't touch the hunter in Wyoming. Stronger social programs and real investments in urban centers would not only provide a brighter future but also improve the job of policing. A priority on science-based medicine would improve everyone's health, including the billionaire whose daughter is going to a school where every kid is vaccinated, and preventative medicine would not only improve health and productivity but cut everyone's costs.

Anyway, maybe you can be explicit and tell me which Americans I would be excluding?

You don't think the government should've done anything to regulate tobacco when it was recognized it caused cancer?

Regardless of political affiliation, people who push anti vaccine ideas are absolute morons

Back
Top Bottom