***Official Political Discussion Thread***

You know, I'm presidential, very presidential, I'm the most presidential ever. All my staff, and of course, they're my staff because they're good people, wonderful people, the very best people, and they all say, and you know they can't lie because they're such terrific people, they tell me, you're so presidential, no one's been as presidential as you; except, maybe Lincoln. And how about that Lincoln? Great man, Republican man, and as you know, I'm a Republican man. So believe me when I say, I'm very presidential.
This is actually spot on.

Also, cats out here laughing at people getting sick and having their insurance swept from them.

mean.gif

Yall bugging.

Bruh those dumb ***** voted to have their insurance taken away.

I have ZERO pitty to offer those fools.
Basically. I'm not laughing at people losing their healthcare. I'm laughing at THOSE people losing their healthcare.

People who voted to have their healthcare taken away and are now begging for reconsideration. ZERO pity.

I never enrolled for health coverage because I take care of myself, I'm in my late 20's, and it made no sense. Why pay 300 minimum a month with a huge deductible to receive mediocre care in mediocre circumstances?

Giving low income people tax cuts does nothing. Except possibly secure a lifelong vote
"low income people" don't pay high taxes to begin with. the burden to them is if we cut programs that benefit them.

"low income people" pay a vanishingly small fraction of tax. even if we had a flat tax rate, they would still pay a vanishingly small fraction of tax.

geez, holy ****, how do people not know this.

I never enrolled for health coverage because I take care of myself, I'm in my late 20's, and it made no sense. Why pay 300 minimum a month with a huge deductible to receive mediocre care in mediocre circumstances?

So you have no insurance, and never had it? You don't even have a job that gives you insurance?

Last edited:
because if you get cancer (which even with your best efforts you can't completely prevent) you could face 100s of thousands of dollars in medical bills.

geez, holy ****, how do people not understand insurance.

"low income people" don't pay high taxes to begin with. the burden to them is if we cut programs that benefit them.

"low income people" pay a vanishingly small fraction of tax. even if we had a flat tax rate, they would still pay a vanishingly small fraction of tax.

If you made 25-30k a year the last decade you paid about 33% in tax (factors being single payer)

That was the makeup of a lot of the working class. I know tons who stopped working, got pregnant, and made more. Or quit work and got paid more

because if you get cancer (which even with your best efforts you can't completely prevent) you could face 100s of thousands of dollars in medical bills.

This could be easily solved if you just get rich.

eyes.gif

:rolleyes
just save 6 months salary

eyes.gif
just save 6 months salary
I already did when I was 5yo, fam.

So you have no insurance, and never had it? You don't even have a job that gives you insurance?

Nah we run a small business. Ive looked into it but not pointless. To the guy who brought up cancer, ok, thats a risk I take, a very very very minute one. Ill take my chances that I won't get it

Though I do truly think single payer would be way better

Last edited:

If you made 25-30k a year the last decade you paid about 33% in tax (factors being single payer)

That was the makeup of a lot of the working class. I know tons who stopped working, got pregnant, and made more. Or quit work and got paid more

-First line is a lie

-Second line you are making that **** up.

Last edited:

Because when you break your arm, it will cost you multiple thousands of dollars to get it repaired. And because the ER has to take care of it if you show up there, the cost gets passed down to those who are actually paying for insurance and makes it more expensive for everyone.

Look at the rate of increase of health insurance before and after the implementation of the ACA.

Do you not have car insurance because you drive well too?

tax rate is 15% for that bracket (federal taxes).

actually someone making 25k would pay $1168 on federal tax. throw in state taxes and social security, etc, and it's, what $2500-$3000 total? that's barely 10-12%. this is for single person.

how do you get 35%? send them to me. I'll save them thousands and only pocket half of it.

edit: nevermind, you're just trolling/lying. have fun.

Last edited:

-First line is a lie

-Second line you are making that **** up.

An absolute lie.

Absolutely made up. What are you doing? What's your purpose right now?

If you're earning only 25 to 30k a year as a sole proprietor, the federal income tax bracket has been only 15%. Unless you are counting your states taxes and permits used for your business, which I don't think even amounts to 33%. And this doesn't even account for the potential tax credits that you can use to deduct your taxable income.

If you're paying that much tax for your income, you probably need a better tax preparer or accountant.

Back
Top Bottom