***Official Political Discussion Thread***

roll.gif

Jezebel@Jezebel 8m8 minutes ago

Donald Trump: "We're no longer going to be the country that doesn't know what it's doing" http://bit.ly/2jxZBG2  pic.twitter.com/uGa56P4eMC

C3NGxdeWQAEgFir.jpg

Jim Waterson@jimwaterson 4h4 hours ago

British press corp is locked outside the White House because our birthdates were submitted in UK format and secret service don't get it.
1f1ec-1f1e7.png

I had to explain the difference in date formats to my little sister the last time we traveled together when she asked why I was writing dates wrong, so I get the confusion.
It's an understandable mistake that would trip up most people who arent accustomed to it. But if you frequently work with foreigners it is something that should occur to you.

Bro, we have to hold government officers to a higher standard than that of a small child.

Warren BassVerified account@warren_bass 9m9 minutes ago

Trump told top lawmakers Monday he was interested in scrapping the Electoral College. McConnell talked him out of it.http://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-first-week-governing-without-a-script-1485544924 

Mitch knows the party's screwed and probably done if general elections relied on the popular vote :rofl:

A GOP presidential candidate will not win the popular vote for the foreseeable future.

Turtle face knows that fair districts, and popular vote for president means, guaranteed Democratic rule

Last edited:
does trump even golf? son stay at a course. His flabby *** doesnt eem seem mobile like that.

And dont get me started on his diminutive hands...son got the Fisher Price 'My 1st Clubs' PGA edition.

considering their comments on the media and now this, I wonder if they've ever actually read this.. I mean you aint gotta get far to deal with the press and religion:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Constitution

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't America accepted refugees based on religion before, such as Bahai's from Iran? I couldn't find a good source on this though so I could be wrong.

from wikipedia:

Asylum has three basic requirements. First, an asylum applicant must establish that he or she fears persecution in their home country.[3] Second, the applicant must prove that he or she would be persecuted on account of one of five protected grounds: race, religion, nationality, political opinion, and social group. Third, an applicant must establish that the government is either involved in the persecution, or unable to control the conduct of private actors.

So in many cases Christians coming from Middle Eastern countries (and Jews too) could state their case (coming from Iran, Iraq, etc.). In the case of Syria, though, it seems that almost all the groups there are targeted for one reason or another.

Last edited:
The symbolism...

That ban is lowkey evil/cruel since the US was complicit in turning those specific countries into hell holes and now they want to wash their hands of the consequences :smh:

A lot of people don't realize that a bunch of these Middle Eastern countries were advanced and modern countries throughout much of the 1900s. When the US started meddling there for its own selfish interests and started putting people in power that would serve them, the US basically invited radicals/extremists/dictators to challenge them and take over control.

Read Persepolis.

Jim Waterson@jimwaterson 4h4 hours ago

British press corp is locked outside the White House because our birthdates were submitted in UK format and secret service don't get it.
1f1ec-1f1e7.png

I had to explain the difference in date formats to my little sister the last time we traveled together when she asked why I was writing dates wrong, so I get the confusion.
It's an understandable mistake that would trip up most people who arent accustomed to it. But if you frequently work with foreigners it is something that should occur to you.
Bro, we have to hold government officers to a higher standard than that of a small child.
I say little but that's only cuz of the large age difference between us. She hasn't been a small child in a while 
laugh.gif

Most of my fam lives abroad. I've been doing the adjustment since I was a kid and it still trips me up today so I get it.

But like I said in my last sentence if you work with foreigners (like many high level government officials do) then it should occur to you.

But I'm not gonna chastise them for being slow on the take. You know how many teachers I had correct me for accidentally using british spelling? 
laugh.gif

It's simply a matter of culture difference. They messed up. They're human. It's ok. It's one of the only things happening in DC recently that's ok 
laugh.gif

Should we point out the stupidity in this?

It's not that we favor one type of asylum seekers over another; it's that most of the very refugees he banned from entering the US are religious minorities. In trying to pass laws that would favor Europeans (who aren't that religious, let's be honest), he is shutting out people who are fleeing from an extreme interpretation of islam.

This is just comical.

Trump is a booger.

How do you prove if you're christian or not?

Pepper thy angus for hella people coming through rocking thrawbs with the piru kufi and the iced out jesus piece

Saudi-men.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom