***Official Political Discussion Thread***

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...pay-8am:homepage/story&utm_term=.a0d03f8ca5a8

mean.gif

At least his fellow republicans (who actually authored the bill) denounced this buffoonery

In a letter criticizing a bill that addresses pay gap in the workforce, a Utah Republican said that men have traditionally earned more than women and, citing “simple economics,” argued that things should stay that way.

James Green’s letter to the editor, published in two local publications earlier this week, immediately prompted such outrage that within two days, Green had written an apology and resigned from his post as vice chair of the Wasatch County Republican Party.

Green said in his letter, published Wednesday by the Park Recordand the Wasatch Wave, that men make more than women because they’re “the primary breadwinners” of their families, and paying women equally would somehow ruin the makeup of a traditional family where “the Mother” remains at home raising children.

“If businesses are forced to pay women the same as male earnings, that means they will have to reduce the pay for the men they employ, simple economics,” Green wrote. “If that happens, then men will have an even more difficult time earning enough to support their families, which will mean more Mothers will be forced to leave the home (where they may prefer to be) to join the workforce to make up the difference.”

And having more women in the workforce would create competition for jobs, “even men’s jobs,” Green wrote. That will, in turn, lower the pay for all jobs and force “more and more Mothers” into the workforce, he argued.

That’s “bad for families and thus for all of society,” Green wrote. “It’s a vicious cycle that only gets worse the more equality of pay is forced upon us. It’s a situation of well-meaning intentions, but negative unintended consequences.”

Green’s comments were directed at Senate Bill 210, which would make changes to laws related to employee pay in the state. The bill, authored by state Sen. Jacob Anderegg, a fellow Utah Republican, would commission a study on whether there’s a pay gap between male and female workers in the state. It would require certain employers to adopt a uniform criteria that will be used to determine whether someone should get a raise based on performance, and would create a pay index that states the average pay range for each occupation based on years of experience.

SB 210 was introduced on Monday.

Shortly after its publication, Green’s letter was met with a sharp response.

State Rep. Tim Quinn, a Republican who represents Utah’s 54th district, which includes Wasatch County, denounced the comments and distanced himself from Green. Wasatch County, with a population of a little more than 29,000, is located about 100 miles outside of Salt Lake City.

(see link for rest of article)

oh, and **** this guy:

http://thehill.com/policy/international/320290-rand-paul-were-very-lucky-john-mccains-not-in-charge

Sen. Rand Paul (Ky.) ripped fellow Republican Sen. John McCain (Ariz.) on Sunday after McCain criticized President Trump's escalating war of words with the media.

He argued that the nation is "very lucky" that Trump is president and not McCain, who won the 2008 GOP nomination but lost to Barack Obama in the general election.
Paul is a ***** *****. anyone named "rand" is gonna grow up to be a **** boy. anyone with "Paul" in their name is too apparently.

spineless and soulless :smh:
Rand is sucking up so he can replace Obamacare with his own plan and the audit the fed thing :lol:

For those who can stomach to listen to this dude:

i want him to have a point, i really do. he's obviously well-spoken and he brings up topics occasionally that merit discussion. but he always reverts to the shock factor to get attention.

boys are at their prime at 13? :x

i want him to have a point, i really do. he's obviously well-spoken and he brings up topics occasionally that merit discussion. but he always reverts to the shock factor to get attention.

It's crazy and funny how a glorified attention seeker like him is considered to be an "intellectual" in the Alt-Right :lol:.

I don't doubt he might be intelligent in certain areas but generally dude just spews purposely provocative and inflammatory stuff instead of actually thought provoking ideas to get his name out there but to his credit,it's worked :lol:

It is a testament to the modern conservative movement though that someone like him was invited to give a keynote address at CPAC :lol:. Old school conservatism has been totally hijacked by the extremists on the right. The Tea party/Alt-Right folks have become the most vocal groups in the movement.

Genuinely can't see how they'll be able to attract moderates/independents in the future as long as they continue to pander to the most extremist elements of the movement.

Last edited:

There's so many times I can't tell if dude is trolling or if he just sounds smarter than he actually is.

Calls teenage boys predators for having sex with teachers. Justifies adult males sleeping with young boys.

Seems legit. My favorite part was the rich-ish white guy talking about how another group disproportionately represents a sector.

Last edited:

It's crazy and funny how a glorified attention seeker like him is considered to be an "intellectual" in the Alt-Right :lol:.

I don't doubt he might be intelligent in certain areas but generally dude just spews purposely provocative and inflammatory stuff instead of actually thought provoking ideas to get his name out there but to his credit,it's worked :lol:

It is a testament to the modern conservative movement though that someone like him was invited to give a keynote address at CPAC :lol:. Old school conservatism has been totally hijacked by the extremists on the right. The Tea party/Alt-Right folks have become the most vocal groups in the movement.

Genuinely can't see how they'll be able to attract moderates/independents in the future as long as they continue to pander to the most extremist elements of the movement.

Eh I would balk at saying Milo is an extremist
He's just kind of like the Eminem of the conservative spectrum in terms of shock value
If you hear his actual ideas without his trolling, they are either mundane or not factual

Now if you're talking about Richard Spencer....his ultra white nationalism is extremism, even though he "claims" to not hate minorities.

Eh I would balk at saying Milo is an extremist
He's just kind of like the Eminem of the conservative spectrum in terms of shock value
If you hear his actual ideas without his trolling, they are either mundane or not factual

Now if you're talking about Richard Spencer....his ultra white nationalism is extremism, even though he "claims" to not hate minorities.

Even if he's a troll,you can't deny a lot of what he espouses is extreme. He might not be a WS but he bashes almost every group WS's despise :lol:. The great irony is that I'm sure most of the same folks on the alt-right he steadfastly defends wouldn't even claim him as a part of their movement due to his orientation and Jewish background.

He knows he has a platform and consciously uses it to push divisive and often hateful rhetoric,he's definitely an extremist. Hate speech is hate speech however you wanna package it

Last edited:
Milo is more dangerous that Spencer because Milo has convince people that he should be given a platform in the name of "free speech".

Then he is allowed to spew his nonsense, most of the time without being checked.

And Milo is a white supremacist, just not a extremist white supremacist. He definitely wants to marginalize minority groups.

Last edited:
to me he's somewhere between a clown and a comedian (if I'm being generous).

the fact that he is seen by some as a political figure shows how debased politics has become.

Back
Top Bottom