***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Very pleased with the Democratic results from last night. Now hopefully people will stop wasting their time on Bernie Sanders and get in line behind Hillary. Time for folks to get focused and get serious on winning. Now's the time for Bernie to drop out.

I saw a video of Bernie Sanders, highlights from his political year from 1987 or 1988 to 2015 and wow, he was really fighting for the low income/poor class. I kind of feel bad for him because he's been fighting his whole career. I think Hilary is just getting picked just because she's a woman and people felt bad for her last elections that she had to drop out against Obama.

And thats why I call BS on people voting on Hillary because she has "more experience"

Da hell outta here

She does have more experience at the higher levels of government though.  And that isn't a knock on Bernie's career because he's been doing his thing for a minute now.  But it isn't necessarily the same type of experience, if that makes sense.  I'd imagine the depth of experiences from being the SoS outweighs being a senator.  Both positions are high on the food chain in D.C., but obviously a SoS has more access to the inner workings of a presidency.  

That's not a solid argument in my opinion, Being a certain position should give you the experience, but it's also how you receive the opportunity to gain said exp. There are dudes who are COO's or Presidents of companies but aren't fit to be the CEO. U have VP's who really weren't fit to be President (looks at Herbert Walker). Like mentioned, Bernie has been fighting the good fight for a minute, and with him getting beat it speaks volumes to what this country wants. America likes the idea of inexpensive college, making Wall St. pay their fair share, rebuilding infrastructure, etc. but they don't really want it.

One of my homeboys lives in a really big neighborhood that is like 98% african american and its all hilary signs.

Everywhere.

Last edited:

I saw a video of Bernie Sanders, highlights from his political year from 1987 or 1988 to 2015 and wow, he was really fighting for the low income/poor class. I kind of feel bad for him because he's been fighting his whole career. I think Hilary is just getting picked just because she's a woman and people felt bad for her last elections that she had to drop out against Obama.

And thats why I call BS on people voting on Hillary because she has "more experience"

Da hell outta here

She does have more experience at the higher levels of government though.  And that isn't a knock on Bernie's career because he's been doing his thing for a minute now.  But it isn't necessarily the same type of experience, if that makes sense.  I'd imagine the depth of experiences from being the SoS outweighs being a senator.  Both positions are high on the food chain in D.C., but obviously a SoS has more access to the inner workings of a presidency.  
That's not a solid argument in my opinion, Being a certain position should give you the experience, but it's also how you receive the opportunity to gain said exp. There are dudes who are COO's or Presidents of companies but aren't fit to be the CEO. U have VP's who really weren't fit to be President (looks at Herbert Walker). Like mentioned, Bernie has been fighting the good fight for a minute, and with him getting beat it speaks volumes to what this country wants. America likes the idea of inexpensive college, making Wall St. pay their fair share, rebuilding infrastructure, etc. but they don't really want it.
It's not even an argument though.  
laugh.gif
  She does have more experience in the upper echelons of D.C.  

I'm not saying she'd make a better president than Bern.  Just stating that when it comes to the highest office in the land, Hillary has had deeper access to the inner workings of said office.  What she does with that experience remains to be seen, but I dare say she has a leg up on Bernie in that department despite his long and tenured career.  

This guy just linked to a site called Commieblaster to support his argument 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Da hell outta here

It's not even an argument though.  :lol:   She does have more experience in the upper echelons of D.C.  

I'm not saying she'd make a better president than Bern.  Just stating that when it comes to the highest office in the land, Hillary has had deeper access to the inner workings of said office.  What she does with that experience remains to be seen, but I dare say she has a leg up on Bernie in that department despite his long and tenured career.  

:smh: that's seems to be it, other than being like 5 years younger than him :rolleyes

I aint even trippin though. I've come to accepting that I'm gon have to vote for Hillary in the general election, lesser of two evils. Just hope all the black people voting for her willingly don't get upset when she doesn't invite them to the victory party once she's crowned prom queen. :lol:

Drumpf will no doubt pivot in the general election and really play off Hillary's weaknesses in any way that he can. He will avoid real talk about issues. It'll be interesting to see how many people fall for it.

I imagine both sides will try to make a play for support from the other side (Drumpf will try to court Bernie supporters, and Hillary will go after mainstream conservatives, basically anyone who's not an uneducated angry white man).

I don't even like Clinton and i'm a Sanders supporter but I really think people are overblowing how many black people are blindly supporting Clinton cause Bill played a sax 
eyes.gif
 and not acknowledging what the Sanders campaign has done wrong to get the black vote. Black people especially the older black voters have a better understanding of politics than people give them credit for its a very realist perspective. They understood Sanders was a long shot from the beginning because the things he wants to accomplish has a high chance of not happening in his presidency because this country isn't ready for that yet. That makes Clinton the logical pick to protect that voter blocks interests and by protect I mean not make **** worse for black people and other people of color compared to a republican presidency. 

The sanders campaign did not know how to pander to black people and yes black people have to be pandered to just like any other voting block if you want their vote because thats the game right now. Another thing Clinton has more experience in is how to play politics on this level which she has been dragged through the ringer on what to do wrong and what to do better next time. This is Sanders first campaign on that level and guess what he's getting dragged through the ringer too like what happens to most people their first time on this level.

27% Hispanics voted for trump? Amazing..
Not at all, a lot of Hispanics identify as conservative/Republicans especially in the South Florida area. Most are in the mindset of, I got mine, **** you.
Also all hispanics are not Mexicans that racial group in America combines a lot of ethnicities that already don't really **** with each other.

Last edited:
This is why the idea republican elites had that Rubio would lead to more latino votes was dumb to begin with.

Mexicans don't care about the electing first cuban president.:lol:

Reading an article in my local paper with excerpts from voters of the different candidates. Seems like all the idiots came out this election. Ppl who support Bernie but didn't change party affiliation so they defaulted for Trump :stoneface: how about just not vote

Armada Armada mention me by name bruh :lol:

You can't not admit that Hillary's support from the black demographic stems from the support her husband got.

I agree that Bernie hasn't pandered to the black voters which is sad since he's trying to keep it 100 instead of tap dancing like Hillary.

And for older black voters, who were much older than us during Clinton's presidency and from my assumption, a better understanding of his policies that further destroyed black homes, and to still ride w/ that, that is a little bit foolish.

Bernie may have been a long shot but he'd be the front runner w/ the black vote. It's to the point where Hillary could lose majority of the white vote that she's been securing and STILL win the primaries w/ the black vote alone. That's not really a long shot when your vote could make or break a candidate; voting for Chafe or O'Malley is a long shot.

@An Armada mention me by name bruh
laugh.gif

You can't not admit that Hillary's support from the black demographic stems from the support her husband got.

I agree that Bernie hasn't pandered to the black voters which is sad since he's trying to keep it 100 instead of tap dancing like Hillary.

And for older black voters, who were much older than us during Clinton's presidency and from my assumption, a better understanding of his policies that further destroyed black homes, and to still ride w/ that, that is a little bit foolish.

Bernie may have been a long shot but he'd be the front runner w/ the black vote. It's to the point where Hillary could lose majority of the white vote that she's been securing and STILL win the primaries w/ the black vote alone. That's not really a long shot when your vote could make or break a candidate; voting for Chafe or O'Malley is a long shot.
I was commenting on more people than just you because a lot of people have been saying this about the black vote this entire election cycle.

Some of the support she had in the beginning had to do with Bill yes but as time has gone by she has earned a large majority of her support based off her own career which I think a lot of people from their dislike of her a hard time admitting that she's been politically successful and garnered support on her own merit.

And again I think saying Clinton is just tap dancing isn't giving her true props. She learned what she was doing wrong with black voters and changed I can't knock her for that plus the things she's saying are things we're hearing from Sanders because he has been pulling her further left which is good. If anything she's taken the liberal message that some black voters want to hear (which is very similar to Sanders's message) to the black voting block better than he did cause she's learned how to pander to black voters which Sanders has not done yet.

And yes the Clinton presidency did wrong (as well as Sanders because he voted in favor of that crime bill) because it would have been political suicide to not come off as tough on crime and further a law and order state. Also I think its fair to mention that a lot of older black people rocked with tough on crime legislation because not only was that sold and pushed as the fix it very easily falls into the ideology for black people that then and still live buy into respectability politics. But all of them have acknowledged it was wrong and the reasons why it was wrong because of the negative affects on the black community and if I don't hold it against Sanders for voting in favor I won't hold it against the Clintons anymore because they see why it was wrong and appear to be making efforts to make up for it.

And by Sanders being a longshot I don't just mean the black vote but overall as far as his plans. I don't think the tax on the one percent plan will work to fund this stuff, its the way i want to see these programs get funded but it just won't work that group has to strong off a foothold right now. The only way I see that happening in Americans current climate is by a minimum tax increase across the board everyone putting into the pot to fun healthcare nationwide and college education but we can't even get people in this country in some places to vote in favor of a tax increase to fix infrastructure so thats unlikely right now as well.

Last edited:
Belief in sanders requires and insanely high level of optimism in the viability of short term change.

A level of optimism that black people especially older ones don't usually have.

This idea that they are blindly voting for Hilary is wrong and stupid.

Last edited:
[@=/u/171070/An-Armada]@An Armada[/@] mention me by name bruh :lol:

I was commenting on more people than just you because a lot of people have been saying this about the black vote this entire election cycle.

Some of the support she had in the beginning had to do with Bill yes but as time has gone by she has earned a large majority of her support based off her own career which I think a lot of people from their dislike of her a hard time admitting that she's been politically successful and garnered support on her own merit.

And again I think saying Clinton is just tap dancing isn't giving her true props. She learned what she was doing wrong with black voters and changed I can't knock her for that plus the things she's saying are things we're hearing from Sanders because he has been pulling her further left which is good. If anything she's taken the liberal message that some black voters want to hear (which is very similar to Sanders's message) to the black voting block better than he did cause she's learned how to pander to black voters which Sanders has not done yet.

And yes the Clinton presidency did wrong (as well as Sanders because he voted in favor of that crime bill) because it would have been political suicide to not come off as tough on crime and further a law and order state. Also I think its fair to mention that a lot of older black people rocked with tough on crime legislation because not only was that sold and pushed as the fix it very easily falls into the ideology for black people that then and still live buy into respectability politics. But all of them have acknowledged it was wrong and the reasons why it was wrong because of the negative affects on the black community and if I don't hold it against Sanders for voting in favor I won't hold it against the Clintons anymore because they see why it was wrong and appear to be making efforts to make up for it.

And by Sanders being a longshot I don't just mean the black vote but overall as far as his plans. I don't think the tax on the one percent plan will work to fund this stuff, its the way i want to see these programs get funded but it just won't work that group has to strong off a foothold right now. The only way I see that happening in Americans current climate is by a minimum tax increase across the board everyone putting into the pot to fun healthcare nationwide and college education but we can't even get people in this country in some places to vote in favor of a tax increase to fix infrastructure so thats unlikely right now as well.

You mentioned the sax so I thought u was comin at my neck bruh :lol: j/k

I feel you, but my issue is whether or not Hillary is genuine or not. Yea, Bernie is pulling her further left but she's playin the game and though it sounds good, I have a hard time believing that she really believes what she's saying, but you can tell Bernie does.

Bernie admitted that he voted in favor of the crime bill for the domestic violence portion, he said he felt that was the only way to get the protection for women from domestic violence, Hillary tried to throw that question on him instead of answering it herself, well actually, that's exactly what she did.

Bernie's policies are a little farfetched, but that's a major problem for us as a country. You have these ideas that sound great, but we figure they're too good to be true so we dismiss them and go w/ the other person.

And tax increases are bad because they've been abused. Take into account that this country was founded on the model of no excess taxation. But as far as raising taxing to fix infrastructure, let's look at the good ol Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Here we have some of the highest gas taxes and cigarette taxes in the country. Our turnpike tolls are high, and we're still paying the Johnstown flood tax through the sale of beer and liquor, and yet, we have some of the worse roads in the country. We have bridges that aren't bein repaired (they just demolished the Greenfield bridge a month or so ago) and it doesn't seem to be getting better.

I can see why you thought that its cool man 
laugh.gif

I understand everything your saying but just to clarify one more time I don't think Sander's policies are too farfetched I just don't believe the country is ready for that ideology because society doesn't change until the people in it do and people don't change as fast as time goes by and a large majority of those people are no longer satisfied with the status quo which unfortunately most people in this country are still comfortable with the way things are for various reasons.

I feel like a Sanders presidency (and by sanders presidency I mean someone with similar ideals and plans) would be effective 25-35 years from now depending on how things go and a GOP president doesn't get in office.

And yeah the tax thing is another reason why it would be difficult the way things are right now. Tax increases on people haven't shown to always be effective to fund public projects in certain situations because even if the people allow it you have to hope the people in charge of the money use it properly and that goes for the public and private sector.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom