***Official Political Discussion Thread***

That;s what I'm saying, these Black sheep voting for Hillary is unbelievable. Brainwashed losers. How are you not going to give a vote to a white man who stood with you during the civil rights era smh....DUMMIES

Black people blindly supporting Hillary absolutely disgusts me.
She was establishing her relationship with the black community back in '08. No surprise she has it in '16. This the same sort of talk when black ppl were blindly supporting Obama.

Ask a black voter why they're voting for her and it can come down to simply that she showed she cared by even hearing them out for over a decade now. Even with her **** ups with things she's said who else that is a candidate has done better?

You call it blindly supporting as if there's someone else that clearly has put in more time.

Obama can't run for a 3rd term.

I would argue that this is the reason for the older black demographic 40+, but not the younger generation and the exit polls reflect this argument for the older black voters.

Just a quick PSA: Be careful talking politics at the barber shop right now y'all [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Source: convo I just had 10 minutes ago getting my haircut.

I watched the episode of Black-ish about getting a haircut....did your barber get riled up? What that hairline look like? :nerd:

:lol:  luckily my barber was on my side it was other people in the shop with borderline hotep stuff and saying President Obama doesn't care about black people :lol:

I NEVER talk politics or religion at the shop :lol: :x

Strictly pop culture,life and sports and it's cool running :lol:

Man sometimes even pop culture is difficult cause it only takes one mention of hollywood and then someone's gotta say how they feel about "The GAYYYYZZZZ" 0] :rofl:  

I hear you :lol:. Always got some dudes on the gay Hollywood conspiracy tip where every famous black actor is gay :lol:

She was establishing her relationship with the black community back in '08. No surprise she has it in '16. This the same sort of talk when black ppl were blindly supporting Obama.

Ask a black voter why they're voting for her and it can come down to simply that she showed she cared by even hearing them out for over a decade now. Even with her **** ups with things she's said who else that is a candidate has done better?

You call it blindly supporting as if there's someone else that clearly has put in more time.

That ain't a good reason to vote for somebody. We're picking between the evils we "like".

Trump is full blown racist

Bernie is for reparations for Jews and against reparations for blacks.

And the Clintons pushed mass incarceration but now that Hilary wants votes Bill is coming out apologizing for it. The damage has been done. Families have been ruined over the law he passed. We gotta stop falling for the political BS. We're gonna vote for Hillary cuz her and husband seem like they care about our struggle and Bill presented himself like he loved black people. Meanwhile they were contributing to our struggle. They helped push the "Bad black man gangbanger" stereotype. We gonna vote for the evil that LOOKS like they care. That's not a good plan. I'm not saying for sure the Clintons are racist... But we know for sure they did more damage than good.

That;s what I'm saying, these Black sheep voting for Hillary is unbelievable. Brainwashed losers. How are you not going to give a vote to a white man who stood with you during the civil rights era smh....DUMMIES

Republicans falling into Obamas tram with the Garland pick.

He's an old moderate they are going to refuse to hold hearings...then

- They lose to hillary
-They lose senate majority, democrats campaigning against obstructionist republicans
- Hilary Clinton pulls back garland and appoints a super liberal young justice.

:rofl:

Just take Garland you dolts.

Last edited:

That ain't a good reason to vote for somebody. We're picking between the evils we "like".
It's a good enough reason.

Yall keep forgetting we're not on a level playing field.

I would argue that this is the reason for the older black demographic 40+, but not the younger generation and the exit polls reflect this argument for the older black voters.
I'd agree there.

I'm not sure exactly if all younger black millennials 18+ are even voting. I know not all are rolling with Bernie. I know a grip riding with Black Lives Matter who have yet to get really political and endorse somebody so I can't call it with them.

Thing is the Democratic primaries are basically over so those who are voting should be voting for Hilary. Not voting is a vote for the destroyed republican party.
This makes no sense.

Voting for the white man that stood with black ppl during the civil rights era sounds just as much as sheep mentality.

Please tell me you were making a sarcastic post about why Bernie isn't the obvious choice for the black community to support.

Last edited:
Republicans falling into Obamas tram with the Garland pick.

He's an old moderate they are going to refuse to hold hearings...then

- They lose to hillary
-They lose senate majority, democrats campaigning against obstructionist republicans
- Hilary Clinton pulls back garland and appoints a super liberal young justice.

:rofl:

Just take Garland you dolts.

Shhhhhhh, let them keep screwing up :lol:

I'd agree there.

I'm not sure exactly if all younger black millennials 18+ are even voting. I know not all are rolling with Bernie. I know a grip riding with Black Lives Matter who have yet to get really political and endorse somebody so I can't call it with them.

Thing is the Democratic primaries are basically over so those who are voting should be voting for Hilary. Not voting is a vote for the destroyed republican party.
This makes no sense.

Voting for the white man that stood with black ppl during the civil rights era sounds just as much as sheep mentality.

Please tell me you were making a sarcastic post about why Bernie isn't the obvious choice for the black community to support.

From my observations, black folks within the 18-29 range are either voting for Bernie (based off exit polls) or voting for Hillary. Some of the reasons they're voting for Hillary is because she's younger, while the others are voting because they wanna be the ones to vote the first women into the White House.

BLM will become an afterthought within the next few months, unless another major killing happens, again, they still don't have any skin in anything nor have a focus. I will say that they will be loosely responsible for the emergence of other groups, mainly local organizations, who will do more and be more active, not just politically, but socially as well. However, these groups will struggle w/o the proper focus on finance and financial support and stability.

One thing BLM did wrong was tie the LGBT fight w/ the BLM fight.

Just my opinion of course

It's a good enough reason.

Yall keep forgetting we're not on a level playing field.

You're right. It's not a even playing field. But why keep giving your vote to people that put up a front? To feel included?

Until we put our money behind a candidate to push our agenda things are gonna stay the same. The black vote means nothing as far as helping black people.

Last edited:
You're right. It's not a even playing field. But why keep giving your vote to people that put up a front? To feel included?

Until we put our money behind a candidate to push our agenda things are gonna stay the same. The black vote means nothing as far as helping black people.

Because enough people have that mindset and Drumpf going to actually have a chance. And y'all keep waiting for a president to save us, it's never going to happen. You have to get out and vote in your local and state communities and in mid terms, that's how real change will occur.

I ain't waiting for no politician to save black people. All of 'em the same. All of this is a game. I don't care if Trump gets in. It's gonna further expose how racist this country is. The fact that joke has gone this far shows America's true colors.

But you're right about local elections.

Who in here is asking for a politician to save black people?

Where did this talking point even come from.

I don't vote to feel included, or for a white person to save me and my community.

I vote because I feel it is important because the decision these people make impact the lives of millions of citizens, especially black people. Economically, and socially

Saying all federal politicians are the same is flat wrong. Their policies show us that, history does as well.

Last edited:
Well I think some of us already knew how hateful let alone racist America is. What's shocking to me is how so many supporters have taken the hoods off and are being up front about it by making him a legit candidate.

Of course no one politician is gonna save black ppl. This aint really what that's about.

I mean you either want to be apart of the process and have a voice or don't. If you think it's all a crap shoot might as well separate, organize and put your efforts towards something that will benefit your community.

Nobody is explicitly saying that but I've heard that from countless people in our community who felt betrayed by Obama because "he didn't do enough for us" like he had some magic wand to cure all our ills. I don't think that type of thinking is productive at all, he nor any president has autonomy. The low turnout in mid terms on a federal level has a lot more to do with direct policy as has been evidenced.

The homie mamba brought that up.

I'm sorry but I just laugh at these people thinking "My voice is being heard". These presidential candidates don't give a damn about your voice. Until black people put money behind somebody, your vote and voice means nothing.

Just had a black woman explain to me she would vote for Kasich over Bernie because his tax policy is better and he'll "create jobs".

I asked her about his record on women's health and she dodged the question. Also, apparently Bernie being a senator makes him directly responsible for incarceration rates in Vermont.

Gotta stay off Facebook :lol:

Nobody is explicitly saying that but I've heard that from countless people in our community who felt betrayed by Obama because "he didn't do enough for us" like he had some magic wand to cure all our ills. I don't think that type of thinking is productive at all, he nor any president has autonomy. The low turnout in mid terms on a federal level has a lot more to do with direct policy as has been evidenced.

While I do place most of the blame at the feet on the opposition, there were some things that were well within President Obama's control where he capitulated without a fight.

It was his prerogative to bring in Wall Street people into his cabinet and he did that. He had the ability to hold TARP funds hostage in exchange for home owner relief and he did not do so. He had the political capital and Congressional majorities to demand a much larger stimulus and a serious jobs program. He could have used those stimulus funds to exert much more leverage on members of Congress. He could have used stimulus money to get working class people back in their feet in 2009 instead of letting them languish unemployed, hopeless and open to the tea party's siren song.

It was a bad look to make whole the stock owners, the banks and the managerial class and leave the workers and new home owners out in the cold. Conservatism, which had been routed in 2008, rallied. As soon as the well off were made whole, they regained the delusion that they were self made and thus over taxed. Those people joined forces with the now abandoned workers and formed the tea party.

In America, well off people, especially well of whites, see them selves as Randian supermen whose "talent" holds up the Earth. White working class folks see themselves as millionaires in waiting. That is how it is most of the time but in the first half of 2009, those delusions were shattered, a once in a generation window was open and President Obama did not ruthlessly exploit that window.

The homie mamba brought that up.

I'm sorry but I just laugh at these people thinking "My voice is being heard". These presidential candidates don't give a damn about your voice. Until black people put money behind somebody, your vote and voice means nothing.

This won't work either. Look at the tide Obama rode in on and within 2 years all this power was taken away from him by just one midterm

What you're advocating sounds more like "someone will save us" more than anything anyone else has said in this thread. So we put our money behind one candidate, then what?

White liberals just jump on board, all other minorities just fall in line? And what about Congress, or state elections, or local elections? How is that one candidate gonna effect change if people are asleep at the wheel for all the other elections

Or maybe black people should vote as often as possible in every election, no matter what it is for and try to swing every election towards the candidate that will do most for our community, or has the best policies. Every noticed that besides the rich, the only other groups that get their agenda taken seriously are groups that turnout for elections. See old people

And black folk can still throw money behind candidates of their choosing. Matter of fact rolling back citizen's united might make your plan more effect. But guess what, the two parties differ on that subject.

To be honest, no offense brah, but to me it is not a either or type situation. Failing to see nuance and just being dismissive to how the system works is not going to do anything

But I guess we'll just wait around until this "super candidate" comes along for the black community to get behind. That will do it :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom