***Official Political Discussion Thread***

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/trump-stooge-on-cnn-hillary-clinton-football-cte-ju-1785602139

Boy oh boy.
laugh.gif
The blonde's facial expression throughout the whole thing 
laugh.gif

It's pretty evident that Hillary is for the Keystone XL Pipeline, as she has been receiving major donations from TD Bank, a huge investor in the Keystone XL Pipeline, as well as hiring Ken Salzar to put together her transition team ( who is also pro tpp and XL pipeline), so is the Keystone XL Pipeline good or bad?

Last edited:
It's pretty evident that Hillary is for the Keystone XL Pipeline, as she has been receiving major donations from TD Bank, a huge investor in the Keystone XL Pipeline, as well as hiring Ken Salzar to put together her transition team ( who is also pro tpp and XL pipeline), so is the Keystone XL Pipeline good or bad?

Bad.

Louisiana gop lawmakers voted against Hurricane Sandy relief while rather arrogantly pointing their finger at Obama but are now seeking federal aid for the flood damage in their state. These eggs heads are rep. steve scalise, house majority whip bill cassidy, & john flemming.

These gop egg heads continually bite their noses off to spite their face. Incredible...

Last edited:
Because it works, they spent the past 7 years obstructing and saying no to everything, and when **** hits the fan they can just say it was "divisive Obama" "dictator Obama" and it works.

Louisiana gop lawmakers voted against Hurricane Sandy relief while rather arrogantly pointing their finger at Obama but are now seeking federal aid for the flood damage in their state. These eggs heads are rep. steve scalise, house majority whip bill cassidy, & john flemming.

These gop egg heads continually bite their noses off to spite their face. Incredible...

Prime example of constituents not recognizing they are voting against their best interests when voting for some of these fools.

(related but not entirely) Jindal is an idiot, as well as the many other govs who 'elected' not to opt in to Obamacare. Folks dying over stupid/petty S!!!

I just don't understand how incompetent his campaign staff is. I have no doubt that his "outreach", if you can even call it that, is far from genuine but even people with a disdain for black people should realize that he's gonna need to appear in actual black communities to make a real outreach.

It says a lot about Trump and his team that they are avoiding doing so. Because they're effectively sabotaging themselves further by attempting to court black voters infront of 90%+ white locations and crowds.

I just don't understand how incompetent his campaign staff is. I have no doubt that his "outreach", if you can even call it that, is far from genuine but even people with a disdain for black people should realize that he's gonna need to appear in actual black communities to make a real outreach.

It says a lot about Trump and his team that they are avoiding doing so. Because they're effectively sabotaging themselves further by attempting to court black voters infront of 90%+ white locations and crowds.
And in such a condescending fashion. Crowds of whites cheering on as Trump explains how horrible black peoples lives are in this country.

So Trump's Doctor that "wrote" his doctors letter died in 2010....

But it was signed by the doctor's son....on his dead fathers letterhead, and trump thanked the dead father for writing the letter on since deleted Twitter and FB post?

roll.gif

http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/14/10123368/donald-trump-health-doctor-report-heaven-protect-me
roll.gif

Strange I don't remember ever hearing about this back in 2015. I guess I didn't pay much attention because I thought it was some sort of elaborate troll attempt

a really good read.

Yes, Republicans Can Win Black Voters

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/426146/republican-party-black-voters
 To attract black voters, civil-rights Republicans don’t need to champion liberal policies, but only to ensure that conservative policies don’t leave blacks behind.
The electoral strategy must not be limited to winning more black votes but should also demonstrate how conservative governance can produce better outcomes for black citizens.

Many Republicans have largely accepted, and even perpetuated, the false narrative that black Americans are beholden to the Democratic party because it supports them with social-welfare programs and unearned benefits.
From the article jdfrench posted. I agree with that sentiment.

I won't rehash the dozens of issues that undermine any Republican pitch to black voters (and the article addresses some of them). Their best hope of attracting black voters is to disavow Donald Trump completely (which the article touches upon) and to disavow any policies and support that appeal to the racist angry uneducated white crowd that has become the Republican base.

If they do those 2 things, I do think the Republican party could attract not just blacks but other minorities and the educated. That said, the article is from 11/2/2015. If anything, the Republican party has moved in the wrong direction since then.

Honestly, if they had done that and put a halfway decent candidate in his place (like Kasich or Ryan) I'd be willing to give them my ear.

It's funny wasn't the GOP supposed to have done an autopsy after the last presidential election to address how they attract more minority voters? I'm guessing at that point Drumpf want a viable option, but it looks like they've done irreparable harm on that front. The numbers are just getting worse.

Last edited:
Honestly, if they had done that and put a halfway decent candidate in his place (like Kasich or Ryan) I'd be willing to give them my ear.

Agreed, I also liked kasich. Seemed like the only adult in the room during the debates.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think one of the best points the article makes is that black propel don't trust republicans and conservatives with civil rights. If they knew at base that republicans would leave them intact and progress with them they'd far more likely give them an audience and look at what republicans can offer as a political party. Civil rights isn't something black people have to worry about with democrats.

Last edited:
"Civil rights Republicans"? Do they even exist anymore? :lol:

And no Black person reads the National Review.

"Civil rights Republicans"? Do they even exist anymore? :lol:

And no Black person reads the National Review.

I was having a convo with a Hispanic republican on Facebook and he was defending trumps "what do they have to lose" line. This article came up. It's an interesting read is because it points out what would help republicans get black votes and anyone with a brain can see they do nothing or the opposite of those points. Especially with trump.

a really good read.

Yes, Republicans Can Win Black Voters
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/426146/republican-party-black-voters

To attract black voters, civil-rights Republicans don’t need to champion liberal policies, but only to ensure that conservative policies don’t leave blacks behind.
The electoral strategy must not be limited to winning more black votes but should also demonstrate how conservative governance can produce better outcomes for black citizens.

With out reading the article first:

The last of the "Civil Rights Republicans" :rolleyes :lol: died out like 30 years ago, hell months after singing the first bill their made a deal with the White Supremacist Devil and nominated Goldwater. Hell Jack Kemp is Paul Ryan's mentor and Ryan seems fixated on the idea austerity is the best way to help America's inner cities.

And conservative governance can't help black people because their economic policies expand income inequality too rapidly, so unless their willing to hand out tons of tax breaks to black people (which they won't) when all the have to pedal is the Supply-Side Jesus Myth.

They could make a play on the social side since black Americans tend to be more socially conservative, but that then again the country is moving left as a whole and young black people (that might be open to voting for the Republican party) might be more interested in the libertarian right as opposed to the conservative right.

Unless the GOP becomes a moderate party, with a strong social justice message for African America, they are dead in the water with black people imo. Even then, you're looking at getting 25-40% at best. Even more, this will take decades to pull off. The GOP dug this hole over decades, they can't expect to dig themselves out of it in under a decade. Well unless the Democrats turn against black folk, like the GOP did against Muslims

I will read the article later but the National Review loves to white wash and intellectualize racist/white supremacist policies. Hell at this point, when it comes to the black community, Republicans can't even tell the difference between an articulate comment and a racist dog whistle.

Most importantly, if these fools want the black communities' vote, they have to stop trying to make it more difficult for black people to vote. Attacking Civil Rights legislation is not a good look.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom