***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Were you alive when George W Bush was President? :lol:
Media teared him apart to. It goes both ways.
You're teacher had a point tho, before the Internet, media protected Presidents to a point because media was the only media then.(if you catch my drift)

its the same in some aspects, but a little different too.
Like this for example
2lcwhs4.jpg

she( Governor of Arizona) had the audacity to to come out to the tarmac and point her finger in the face of the president over a disagreement. You want to talk about the book, fine but comeon now. Thats just outright disrespect and Obama shouldve had the secret service tell her to get her *** back and talk about this in her office. IDK, call me whatever, but I doubt she'd do that to a white man

Yes Bush was called stupid ( idk if he was called ****** ala Ann Culter on Obama. By normal people yea, but not by a talking head), but I dont think he wouldve gotten a finger to the face.

And also in these debates. Romney really shows no respect for Obama. Its like he really wants to say " shut up and sit down, or Ill fire you" to Obama.

Last edited:
Before 2008 i was unsecure about my future as an electrical engineer. Graduated in 09' with a job offering from sharp in their solar department. After a year i became a project manager with a salary increase of almost double what it was before. Obama vowed to bring back the renewable energy regulations set forth by carter that were later killed by reagan--and he did just that. He put forth new regulations that mandated that a certain percent of a states' source of energy come from renewable energy. Every yer that number goes up.
My mother was finally able to get a loan modification under the obama plan for her mortgage. Under bush banks denied her twice because she had equity on the house.
My brother is finally out of iraq and stationed in germany, which he now loves.
Obama ran on a campaign on change in 2008, and contrary to what many may have you believe, he did just that; change. You don't here about these stories though because fear is what is fueling the republican campaign, and it's working like a charm for Romney. But it's kool though, people can pretend like it hasn't gotten better since 2008.

good stories

but nah man things havnt gotten better since 2008

im not blamin here either cuz idc too much for politicians anyways romney or obama america is screwed either way an a new era is upon us all real soon

Before 2008 i was unsecure about my future as an electrical engineer. Graduated in 09' with a job offering from sharp in their solar department. After a year i became a project manager with a salary increase of almost double what it was before. Obama vowed to bring back the renewable energy regulations set forth by carter that were later killed by reagan--and he did just that. He put forth new regulations that mandated that a certain percent of a states' source of energy come from renewable energy. Every yer that number goes up.
My mother was finally able to get a loan modification under the obama plan for her mortgage. Under bush banks denied her twice because she had equity on the house.
My brother is finally out of iraq and stationed in germany, which he now loves.
Obama ran on a campaign on change in 2008, and contrary to what many may have you believe, he did just that; change. You don't here about these stories though because fear is what is fueling the republican campaign, and it's working like a charm for Romney. But it's kool though, people can pretend like it hasn't gotten better since 2008.

good stories

im not blamin here either cuz idc too much for politicians anyways romney or obama america is screwed either way an a new era is upon us all real soon

Could you go into further detail?

good stories

Can you provide a lucid explanation of this theory, because nothing grinds my gears more than this vague foreboding dudes always be doing.

Last edited:
Like this for example
2lcwhs4.jpg

she( Governor of Arizona) had the audacity to to come out to the tarmac and point her finger in the face of the president over a disagreement. You want to talk about the book, fine but comeon now. Thats just outright disrespect and Obama shouldve had the secret service tell her to get her *** back and talk about this in her office. IDK, call me whatever, but I doubt she'd do that to a white man
Yes Bush was called stupid ( idk if he was called ****** ala Ann Culter on Obama. By normal people yea, but not by a talking head), but I dont think he wouldve gotten a finger to the face.
And also in these debates. Romney really shows no respect for Obama. Its like he really wants to say " shut up and sit down, or Ill fire you" to Obama.

Oh please, cry me a river, you're being way to biased right now. Bush got a shoe thrown at him, every media outlet in the world crucified and disrespected the dude. It's going to happen to every President. If you felt like Obama was being talked down to the debates, watch the 3rd debate, he talked down to Romney. In the first debate Romney had to attack the President so he could gain voters and momentum, Presidential debates are strategy/game-planning.

Like this for example
2lcwhs4.jpg

Oh please, cry me a river, you're being way to biased right now. Bush got a shoe thrown at him, every media outlet in the world crucified and disrespected the dude. It's going to happen to every President. If you felt like Obama was being talked down to the debates, watch the 3rd debate, he talked down to Romney. In the first debate Romney had to attack the President so he could gain voters and momentum, Presidential debates are strategy/game-planning.
The problem with this part of your statement is that Bush got a shoe thrown at him by a random dude IN ANOTHER COUNTRY.  There is a HUGE difference between that incident and the governor of a state finger-wagging at the head of our country.  

Jan Brewer is in the same business as Barack Obama--U.S. politics.  Would you go to the head of your place of employment and disrespect that person by sticking your finger in their face over a disagreement?  Most wouldn't.  Why?  Because it is highly disrespectful.  

I'm still waiting for a Romney supporter to give me ONE single reason they are voting for Romney other than that he's not Obama. It's ridiculous. They can't tell me about any of his policies or what he's campaigning for or anything. I work at best buy and some old white lady came in today looking for that dvd bashing Obama and trying to tell me to watch it and she wanted copies for all her friends.

Here's an idea, instead of just bashing on the president, tell me one reason Romney is SOOOO much better. :smh:

My girl is the worst... sometimes I just want to slap her in the face. She supports Romney basically cuz her stupid rich family does. She's a weed smoker and I was like "you realize Romney is completely against the legalization of marijuana, even for medical purposes." She just was like "WHAT?!?!?!" If you aren't educated or informed on what the candidates stand for... please do not even vote.

Why should I even vote this year?

Strong sn to post

If you or someone you know says they won't vote because it won't count or you're just too plain lazy to care, just know that a lot of people both black and white, died, suffered and sacrificed for you to be able to stand in line and have a say in the leader of your country, they didn't do it for you to wait for phones, sneakers or concert tickets....

GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!

lol that kid kissing that girl up there....

but there was this story that apparently mittens lied under oath about how much his homie that owned staples was worth, he said it was worthless and this and that...all so his boy wouldnt have to shell out alot in the divorce, anyway after all that they went to goldmans and cashed out!!! 

the wife meanwhile had ms and going broke...

the story is in the spoiler.
Mitt Romney  LIED under oath when he testified in the divorce of his good friend and screwed the friend's wife out of a lot of money in the process ... so claims the ex-wife of Staples' founder  Tom  Stemberg.

Multiple sources connected with the divorce tell TMZ ... during Tom's uber nasty divorce case with ex-wife  Maureen, Mitt Romney gave a deposition and testified during the trial that Staples was worth virtually nothing. Romney testified that the company was worth very little and Tom was a dreamer and "the dream continues."

Romney characterized the Staples stock as "overvalued," adding, "I didn't place a great deal of credibility in the forecast of the company's future." 

Partly as a result of Romney's testimony, Maureen got relatively little in the divorce, but we're told just weeks after the divorce ended, Romney and Tom went to  Goldman Sachs  and cashed in THEIR stock for a fortune.  Short story -- Romney allegedly lied to help his friend and screw the friend's wife over.

And there's more ...  Our sources say years later, Maureen, who suffered from MS and had multiple bouts with cancer, got a visit from one of Tom's guys, who gave her papers informing her that Tom was cancelling her health insurance.  Our sources say the irony here is that we're told Tom was working as one of then Governor Mitt Romney's chief health care advisers.

Sources tell us ... Tom also got custody of the couple's one child, making allegations of abuse against Maureen.   And get this ... in the mid-90s, after the divorce, Tom sent the boy a letter saying, although he loved him, because of issues related to the divorce "it will not be possible for you to be a part of our family for the foreseeable future."

Maureen lost her home in the process and struggled financially.

Read more

Last edited:
As much as I don't him want to be President, that chick needs to chill. Doesn't sound like Mitt did a single thing wrong

No offense, but the fact you didn't know that is... 
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
I'm not even gonna lie, I haven't heard the term shuck and jive until today my dude lol.And that is the reason why I'm majoring in a science field. Ask me about physics, math, chemistry, cars, sports and sneakers and that's my domain. This stuff, not so much. People who suceed don't walk around like a know-it-all. They have a sense of humility, admit when they don't know something, and try and learn from others who do. I don't know anything about politics or this kind of stuff, but it interests me so I'm trying to learn. Never really cared about politics, the world, and cultures until I got older and realized that it affected my life. With age comes wisdom I guess
Its not problem. I'm glad you know why its so offensive, but it still bugs me that even little dog-whistle buzzwords like this go over people's heads and they repeat it without knowing what its about. 

Lee Atwater popularized this stuff in the republican party: www.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog-whistle_politics
You start out in 1954 by saying, "******, ******, ******." By 1968, you can't say "******" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "******, ******."[sup][24][/sup][sup][25][/sup]
There's a special place in Hell for guys like Lee Atwater.

So apparently Donald Trump is going to reveal that Barack & Michelle almost got divorced..

This is his game changer..

I don't think he realizes that if he wants to this would be a huge PR win for Obama and raise his chances to win him the election.

For all intents and purposes think about it: The Obama's hit a rough patch in the marriage, thought about divorce. Instead they stayed together, supported each other, raised their kids together, and now have a good marriage...

laugh.gif
Trump is an idiot.
Colbert had a pretty funny crack at Trump on his show tonight.

No offense, but the fact you didn't know that is... :rolleyes  :lol:

I'm not even gonna lie, I haven't heard the term shuck and jive until today my dude lol.And that is the reason why I'm majoring in a science field. Ask me about physics, math, chemistry, cars, sports and sneakers and that's my domain. This stuff, not so much. People who suceed don't walk around like a know-it-all. They have a sense of humility, admit when they don't know something, and try and learn from others who do. I don't know anything about politics or this kind of stuff, but it interests me so I'm trying to learn. Never really cared about politics, the world, and cultures until I got older and realized that it affected my life. With age comes wisdom I guess
Its not problem. I'm glad you know why its so offensive, but it still bugs me that even little dog-whistle buzzwords like this go over people's heads and they repeat it without knowing what its about. 

Lee Atwater popularized this stuff in the republican party: www.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog-whistle_politics

You start out in 1954 by saying, "******, ******, ******." By 1968
, you can't say "******" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing
, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "******, ******."[sup][24]
[/sup][sup][25]
[/sup]

There's a special place in Hell for guys like Lee Atwater.

Mendelberg covers racial codes in elections excellently here:

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for a Romney supporter to give me ONE single reason they are voting for Romney other than that he's not Obama. It's ridiculous. They can't tell me about any of his policies or what he's campaigning for or anything. I work at best buy and some old white lady came in today looking for that dvd bashing Obama and trying to tell me to watch it and she wanted copies for all her friends.
Here's an idea, instead of just bashing on the president, tell me one reason Romney is SOOOO much better. :smh:
My girl is the worst... sometimes I just want to slap her in the face. She supports Romney basically cuz her stupid rich family does. She's a weed smoker and I was like "you realize Romney is completely against the legalization of marijuana, even for medical purposes." She just was like "WHAT?!?!?!" If you aren't educated or informed on what the candidates stand for... please do not even vote.

Obama supporters say the same thing though...

Back
Top Bottom