***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I am sorry are there no republicans there that will flip their vote for money? Like somebody on the right must need a quick Million in “investments”….

I am sorry are there no republicans there that will flip their vote for money? Like somebody on the right must need a quick Million in “investments”….

they have deeper pockets and the same ideologies. da coal coffers be crazy, more money from someone who aligns with your beliefs = win/win.

Sorry, but I fine the Pete vs. Kamala discourse just weird.

Like we gotta speculate about the 2028 Democratic primary already. :lol:

We need more legislators from the internet age in Congress, or we will not like what technology has in store for us, from deepfake apps to unmanned militaries.
By definition regulations cant keep up with technological advancements. The time to ring this alarm was legitimately 3 decades ago.

By definition regulations cant keep up with technological advancements. The time to ring this alarm was legitimately 3 decades ago.
Once upon a time, we had this little office in Congress

The Office of Technology Assessment (OTA) was an office of the United States Congress that operated from 1974 to 1995. OTA's purpose was to provide congressional members and committees with objective and authoritative analysis of the complex scientific and technical issues of the late 20th century, i.e. technology assessment. It was a leader in practicing and encouraging delivery of public services in innovative and inexpensive ways, including early involvement in the distribution of government documents through electronic publishing. Its model was widely copied around the world.

Government can be proactive if given the necessary tools. This office fulfilled that function for emerging tech, just like the CBO analyses the impact of budget proposals before they are voted on.

Just take a look at the list of reports the OTA was producing in 1995, the last year it was funded:

We would have had a much better response to the changes of the last two and half decades if Gingrich hadn't decided to kill the agency and let private industry decide how to organize our society around technological innovations.

no one talking about these Jan 6 texts? ish is wild

Mark Meadows really ****ed himself over. :lol:
He tried to partially comply with the subpoena, in a way that clearly negates his stated reason for refusing to comply, and then still got held in contempt.

So he turned over all kinds of texts etc. that look really bad, rope in other people, all resulting in zero benefit to himself.

no one talking about these Jan 6 texts? ish is wild

1639500317309.png

1639500333980.png

1639500377519.png

1639500348981.png

Let us get this clear.

Manchin is using a CBO score of a bill that doesn't exist to argue that a bill that does exist and is paid for (BBB) be completely changed/reworked. His is a massive bait and switch by him.

And his reasoning is that BBB will create political pressure for the Dems to extend certain programs, so maybe we should just cut those programs right now

He is also denying his party policies to run on in elections

Manchin is ****ing disgusting and gets more disgusting as the weeks go by.

Mans was just complaining about progressive not trusting centrist, and then he goes and does this ****. Using conservative talking points lies to hurt his party.

But yeah....JOEYYYYYYYYYYY MANCHINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!
c591cbfbfc3914605b0c448c889ff1e6.png

Add this to the decision to rubber stamp drilling permits in federal lands, the expansion of the remain in Mexico policy, and the refusal to expand the Supreme Court.

I'm very dissatisfied with the ways in which the Biden WH chooses to apply its executive power. He isn't not walking the walk that needs to walked, but he is hiding behind the dysfunctionality of Congress and the radicalization of the GOP to maintain the status quo and sell it to us as a reasonable option.

That's not gonna be enough to maintain control of the institutions (let alone save them), and I suspect centrist Democrat leaders know and accept this.

I suppose it's more important to stick to one's ideological guns that to accept that our version of capitalism just isn't sustainable.

What about any texts he probably deleted? Those can be recovered right? Gotta be some pretty damning stuff on record.

If they were dumb enough to use their cell phones (we know they are) then all of that can be recovered.

Clearing/deleting messages on your devices doesn't mean the data is permanently deleted, it's just filed differently.

Back
Top Bottom