***Official Political Discussion Thread***

1687212878689.png
When I see this picture I see two Black men much like many of us that are engaged in the political process. ✊🏿

As President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia has pursued enemies abroad, his intelligence operatives now appear prepared to cross a line that they previously avoided: trying to kill a valuable informant for the U.S. government on American soil.
The clandestine operation, seeking to eliminate a C.I.A. informant in Miami who had been a high-ranking Russian intelligence official more than a decade earlier, represented a brazen expansion of Mr. Putin’s campaign of targeted assassinations. It also signaled a dangerous low point even between intelligence services that have long had a strained history.
“The red lines are long gone for Putin,” said Marc Polymeropoulos, a former C.I.A. officer who oversaw operations in Europe and Russia. “He wants all these guys dead.”
The assassination failed, but the aftermath in part spiraled into tit-for-tat retaliation by the United States and Russia, according to three former senior American officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss aspects of a plot meant to be secret and its consequences. Sanctions and expulsions, including of top intelligence officials in Moscow and Washington, followed.

The target was Aleksandr Poteyev, a former Russian intelligence officer who disclosed information that led to a yearslong F.B.I. investigation that in 2010 ensnared 11 spies living under deep cover in suburbs and cities along the East Coast. They had assumed false names and worked ordinary jobs as part of an ambitious attempt by the S.V.R., Russia’s foreign intelligence agency, to gather information and recruit more agents.

In keeping with an Obama administration effort to reset relations, a deal was reached that sought to ease tensions: Ten of the 11 spies were arrested and expelled to Russia. In exchange, Moscow released four Russian prisoners, including Sergei V. Skripal, a former colonel in the military intelligence service who was convicted in 2006 for selling secrets to Britain.

Is old white people wearing “Blacks for Trump” apparel a MAGA joke? I honestly don’t understand why they do it :lol:

I've noticed over the years that a good chunk of (mostly white) conservatives love to appropriate Black culture.

It's almost like they know they don't have anything cool worth copying, so they just rip off Black people.

With the news that there was a resistance to begin investigating Jan 6th for over a year so it didn't appear "political", I'd love for someone to explain to me how that makes sense.

Now there's not a huge chance, with delays included, that all these cases can proceed before we get into election season. Just give me one real reason we had to wait so long and coincidentally give Trump a chance to get away with everything. So irritating man :smh:

I work with this country *** dude, he’s cool though.

“What’s a Juneteenth?”

Me “it’s a holiday for when the slaves became free”

“Sick, why are we working then?”

He wants all the holidays.

Back
Top Bottom