**Official Post Your Dog Thread**

^yeah man she's playful for sure lol. What are y'all's opinions on yearly vaccinations for dogs. I've read a few articles where they say dogs don't need yearly vaccines and that's how vets make their money. How do y'all feel about that, and if it's any truth how often do you get your dogs vaccinated?
They're not that expensive at the end of the day... You don't want your dog getting PARVO or some **** and then regretting not having it up to date on shots.

Also you may not be able to board your dog or bring it to "doggy day-care" if you need to because those places most of the time will require the dog to be up to date before taking them.

They're not that expensive at the end of the day... You don't want your dog getting PARVO or some **** and then regretting not having it up to date on shots.

Also you may not be able to board your dog or bring it to "doggy day-care" if you need to because those places most of the time will require the dog to be up to date before taking them.

Yeah I agree I've been a firm believer in getting shots for my dog but I just discovered numerous articles saying it was money wasted and I wanted you guys' inputs.

It's just part of the costs of having a dog IMO... I don't want my dog getting some preventable disease because I wanted to save $80...  Upstate NY where I live has all kinds of wildlife that are potentially rabid as well... My dog went into the back yard last year and dug up a rotten possum head 
sick.gif
 Who knows what kind of nasty **** he could have picked up from that thing. 
mean.gif

there are times when my dog sense that someones outside. but the thing is instead of growling/barking, he would sometimes cry. whats up with that?

there are times when my dog sense that someones outside. but the thing is instead of growling/barking, he would sometimes cry. whats up with that?
What kind of dog do you have? Probably a mix of anxiousness/playfulness.

Went to get her last set of puppy shots and she's up from 12 pounds to 23 pounds looks like she might get big after all

Thanks man.I love him he's a super good dog. Just what I like in a dog. Very mellow yet will kill any intruder. He's always been good with my daughter. They are both 7 so he was a puppy when she was a baby. The only issue is he is very dog aggressive. But only to dogs he see's as competition. Like little dogs he's fine with. I will get another one I think sometime in my life.
Used to have a ridgeback too. Really an awesome dog!

Here's my young boy

Nice I know a few nters have had or have them. Nice boxer. My roommate has one. They are clowns. :lol:

Yeah, exactly. Mine is so cute with my little nephew yet he would bite any intruder. Love him for that!

I'm mentally ready for a dog. I was deprived of one when I was a kid :wow: .

Definitely going to look to adopt. New Yorkers, is North Shore my best bet? Are there any other adoption centers to visit?

Yup. I've had 2. Super smart dogs. They are very protective though. So much it can get annoying. Mine hates anyone who walks by but as soon as I let someone in the house it's her new best friend once she knows they are cool. Also when she's at the dog park she never really leaves my side because she's too busy making sure another dog doesn't kill me :lol: she isn't dog aggressive though unless she has to be. Just something to consider. The guard dog trait is super strong in my dobie now but my last dobie wasn't nearly as protective. Never saw a 90 year old lady walking by a threat like my girl now. :lol: good dogs though. Keep in mind they act like puppies until they are 3.

Lost my little man yesterday had me ballin like a baby this is in his hay day when the little dude was impossible to catch. Lived till 18 was a huge part of my family's life.
dude got mad compliments from anybody who knew what a True Chihuahua is supposed to look like. Imma miss him for real. Name was macho, got bit by a copperhead snake 4 years ago and dude was a soldier about it.

Last edited:
Lost my little man yesterday had me ballin like a baby this is in his hay day when the little dude was impossible to catch. Lived till 18 was a huge part of my family's life.

I'm sorry to hear that man and I know it's nothing I can say to heal your pain but look at it this way you didn't have to put him down and he lived a life longer than most dogs so be proud in his lifespan.

Back
Top Bottom