Official Post Your Ethnicity Thread

Originally Posted by the north west

Originally Posted by MC OTAKU

Originally Posted by flyscience

where my Laos ppl at?
damn I thought I was the only one! I see you playa..
nerd.gif

Sabaidee tuk tuk khon....Khon Lao here checking in. Gu hen meung.
pimp.gif
I use to work with a bunch of Lao people and I could not for the life of me understand when they were speaking Thai to me

they had to keep repeating themselves 3 or 4 times

I take it you speak bangkokian dialect? Can you understand northern(CM/CR) or north eastern(isan) dialect too? When Lao folks try to speak Thai it usuallysounds like one of the northern Thai dialects and usually a lil off if they haven't learned it formally. I was surprised to find that some central Thaishave a hard time understanding Muang(CM dialect) or Isan or even southern(which sounds more Malay or Khmer than Thai.) pom pood pasaa Thai nit noi. My greatgrandpa migrated from isan north to Laos. We have families on each side of the Mekong.
pimp.gif

Im black, good amount of Indian in me from my mothers side(my grandma looks like an indian).

Other person that post on this name is Ibo from Nigeria.

He is the one that created the account, i just never got around to creating my own, so we have been sharing.

Ive tried to trace back my heritage, but no luck so far.

Yo.

I'm a black man and I truely believe that everyone wants to be a negro but nobody wants to be a negro.Word to Paul Mooney.

- Safari​

Originally Posted by the north west

Originally Posted by flyscience

where my Laos ppl at?
damn I thought I was the only one! I see you playa..
nerd.gif

Sabaidee tuk tuk khon....Khon Lao here checking in. Gu hen meung.
pimp.gif
I use to work with a bunch of Lao people and I could not for the life of me understand when they were speaking Thai to me

they had to keep repeating themselves 3 or 4 times

I take it you speak bangkokian dialect? Can you understand northern(CM/CR) or north eastern(isan) dialect too? When Lao folks try to speak Thai it usually sounds like one of the northern Thai dialects and usually a lil off if they haven't learned it formally. I was surprised to find that some central Thais have a hard time understanding Muang(CM dialect) or Isan or even southern(which sounds more Malay or Khmer than Thai.) pom pood pasaa Thai nit noi. My great grandpa migrated from isan north to Laos. We have families on each side of the Mekong.
pimp.gif

I can understand northern/ isan dialect, but at times it is still difficult to understand

taiwanese.

both sides of my family have been in taiwan long, long before the KMT fled to Taiwan, they were here long before Japanese rule, etc.

Yes sir! There are a handful of us Belizeans on here. Where are your people from? The City and San Pedro Town over here.

I was just out there in Jan, my girl's fam is from Belize. Spent time in San Pedro, Belize City, stopped thru Caye Caulker.

Back
Top Bottom