Official Programming & Development Thread Vol. ASP.NET, C/C#/C++, HTML, Java, Etc.

Any good courses you guys can recommend for C, C#, C++?
nerd.gif
Here are a couple books that got me started....

And here's a free course offered by MIT https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electri...096-introduction-to-c-and-c-january-iap-2013/

And here's another one offered by Harvard https://courses.edx.org/courses/course-v1:HarvardX+CS50+X/info

Hope this helps

Just found this coupon code to get any Udemy course for just $10. Feast on this NT fam before it expires.

I done up and bought everything on my wishlist so I'm set for the rest of the year.

Enjoy. Code is below and it expires around the 16th. See yall in a few months. Be blessed.

1RBEF202

Last edited:
Havent really programmed since I left college in 2003. I use Sql now to fix databases but like Java or C++ been since college. Back then it was hard to get even entry level jobs because of the job market. Need to get back into it

I would say ruby on rails is where its at

Last edited:
I'm excited. I'm started a bootcamp in March.. anyone in here go through a bootcamp?

anyone have any recommendations on what Udemy courses to take as a beginner? I'm currently perusing my bachelors in this field, but I won't start my major course until the summer. thanks

Yea I did back in August. Which one are you doing?
How was your bootcamp and did you land a job? Was the salary on average with developers who went and got a 4 year degree?

I think a lot of people would like more information about bootcamps from people who actually went.

anyone have any recommendations on what Udemy courses to take as a beginner? I'm currently perusing my bachelors in this field, but I won't start my major course until the summer. thanks

If you already have your schedule, it might not be a bad idea to take some Udemy courses based on the courses you'll be taking this summer. Getting a headstart on something like Java can save you a lot of headaches and computer lab time.

Happy to see this thread starting to get active. I'm not online as much these days, but if the first post needs to be edited or anything, feel free to send me a PM and I'll get on it ASAP brehs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Havent really programmed since I left college in 2003. I use Sql now to fix databases but like Java or C++ been since college. Back then it was hard to get even entry level jobs because of the job market. Need to get back into it

Cosign this.

I picked up a bunch of classes on UDemy back when they had their $9.99 sale. I'm hoping to switch career fields (Web Development) once I'm done with this degree.

Does anyone here sell Wordpress templates or full Wordpress sites? If so how has that been working out? I've been thinking about doing this in between work, school, and my other design work, but not sure how profitable (experience and money wise) it will be. 

It really depends what you want to do.

I am contacted by recruiters for more Java/C++ jobs than anything else. In the DMV area most reqs are for Java developers.

I picked up a bunch of classes on UDemy back when they had their $9.99 sale. I'm hoping to switch career fields (Web Development) once I'm done with this degree.

Does anyone here sell Wordpress templates or full Wordpress sites? If so how has that been working out? I've been thinking about doing this in between work, school, and my other design work, but not sure how profitable (experience and money wise) it will be. 

You gon have to get your PHP up for WP development but not difficult. I thought about doing it myself but w/ so many out there it'd be hard to get into the market and really succeed but I wish u the best.

What you could also do is build you a few templates to either sell or use yourself and do website builds or redesigns. Using WP makes it that much easier to do and faster. If you haven't already done so, check out FreeCodeCamp for the webdev stuff as well.

Back
Top Bottom