Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Originally Posted by BigBrandon

Everybody in here has paid over $250 for a shoe at one point or another. Why is everybody so mad at $250. Lil penny just posted a bunch of clean pe's that will cost you well over $250 but plenty of people would jump on the chance to purchase them but why. Because they are super limited? What makes them worth more then the elites?

I don't want NIKE finding their home in the $200 range. They are intriguing though.

White elites aren't bad. Many people will refuse to pay the $250 for the premium materials on these but will turn right around and drop that same amount on some poor quality JB retro being resold. But in the end I guess just buy what you like and what makes you happy.

those home's are calling my name..and like someone else said, the simple and clean colors of them is what makes me want to cop.. i have the galaxys and swingmans already thats enough color for me
laugh.gif

The only thing I can see that supposedly justifies the 250 price hike is the use of the carbon fiber...
BUT thats only if it is REAL carbon fiber

edit: I also read that the flywire is made of kevlar and kevlar is not cheap to make

plus an anatomical fit I just read this on nike-lebron.net

Originally Posted by bigsupa

Elite Aways >>> Homes
Easily..i plan on coppin the Elite Aways..but that 250 price tag WITHOUT a full length air max bubble is horrible..

in all honesty ill keep them DS to wait and see if he wins a ring.. if he does then ill keep for sure if not then ill consider returning them

This guy Jason Petrie/AP really is a talented dude.

Never ceases to amaze. The details on this Elite model are great.

Pro Combat tongue/inner bootie, carbon fiber, gold LeBron logo on the pull tab etc.

These should have been the OG 9, but Nike didn't become a billion-dollar corporation without a few marketing tricks up it's sleeves.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Everybody in here has paid over $250 for a shoe at one point or another. Why is everybody so mad at $250. Lil penny just posted a bunch of clean pe's that will cost you well over $250 but plenty of people would jump on the chance to purchase them but why. Because they are super limited? What makes them worth more then the elites?

I don't want NIKE finding their home in the $200 range. They are intriguing though.
Me personally I have never paid more than 200 for a sneaker and that was the retail due to it being a foam. 250 doesn't sound like much more but I as well don't want Nike getting comfortable charging in the 200 range for a sneaker they know we all will want

Originally Posted by sneakergameinsane

Hopefully there will be an olympic CW

that and i hope he wears these in the olympics.. as of right now he is wearing hyperdunks but i hope that isn't the case
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Me personally I have never paid more than 200 for a sneaker and that was the retail due to it being a foam. 250 doesn't sound like much more but I as well don't want Nike getting comfortable charging in the 200 range for a sneaker they know we all will want

Yeah I get what you guys are saying who wouldn't want to save money if you could. Nike is going to go up in prices though it's just a given. Jordan 2012 retailing for over $220 and selling out when they are limited. Kobe's at 180. Brons at 170. Nike has to look at eBay and other resell sites. I've ordered from flightclub and resellers and paid crazy prices so Nike sees what people are paying no wonder a south beach elite is coming out. Regardless of what we do Kobe lebron griffin d wade durant somebody will have a sig line in the next two years that will debut at $210.

Originally Posted by vcof2005

Originally Posted by myselfonline

Anyone that ordered the X-Mases from the guy in Lithuania received their pair yet? The guy shipped out fast, but delivery is taking a long time. I know it says up to 20 business days under the shipping time, but does it usually take this long to ship from Europe?

Im still waiting too. The shipping say anywhere between Monday through pretty much April 1. 
Got mine 3 days ago....wore dem yesterday...can't believe those r my first 9s...should've never slept on these...

I love the Elite 9's, but the price tag is comedy. Even with employee discount, we're paying 175.00 plus tax. Home Elite 9's remind me of the MVP LeBron 6.

Originally Posted by thisizdray

Originally Posted by AirNoel2345

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Said I wouldn't go over $300 for the Big Bangs, but I'm pretty close to caving in 
30t6p3b.gif
.  Still haven't come across too many 9.5s though, people must be wearing these
nerd.gif

I caved in! Paid $360 today. But after having em and seeing em in person, I don't regret it one bit.

Sheesh try craigslist and eBay these can be had at 300 easy copped mine today for 270

I've been checking ebay and craigslists for 9.5s pretty much everyday, but I've yet to find a pair for $300 or less.  I wouldn't hesitate if I could find them for $270.

eek.gif
$360!  I couldn't, they just aren't worth that much to me
ohwell.gif

I'm torn in between the Homes and the Aways ... can't really decide which is hotter, but w/ the Lebrons I'm learning more so towards the Homes.

Originally Posted by brewcrew17

in all honesty ill keep them DS to wait and see if he wins a ring.. if he does then ill keep for sure if not then ill consider returning them

You cant do that anymore....you see  the new Foot Locker, Foot Action, Champs, House of Hoops return policy?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

I wonder what the retail price limit would be for people buying Nike shoes?
400$?, 500$............. more than that?
This is getting out of hand, people are allowing Nike to just straight out rape them.
Yall acting like you ballin out, got money burning holes in your pockets........with most people that aint the case.
Kids either mooching off parents or dudes just raising their credit card debt, not having a single $ in your savings account thinking they doing it wearing 250$ shoes. No one gives a crap what you got one but your fake homies.

Everybody is free to spend their money anyway they want, but at this point.......there are better things in life to spend money on. Or just save the money, you might be grateful you did.
I thought 220$ for foams was getting bad...........in a few years the retail price for foams will be 300$ no questions the way yall keep buying shoes
Its disrespectful what Nike is doing and people are just eating it up.
30t6p3b.gif

In other words, Invest in nike stock

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

You cant do that anymore....you see  the new Foot Locker, Foot Action, Champs, House of Hoops return policy?
laugh.gif
??? what is it
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
??? what is it
nerd.gif
ANY shoe with a release date, meaning any shoe that has a set date that it releases cannot be returned for any reason.

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
??? what is it
nerd.gif

http://niketalk.com/topic/333193/HOH-Footlocker-Footaction-NO-Returns-on-release-date-product

Originally Posted by bence23

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

I wonder what the retail price limit would be for people buying Nike shoes?
400$?, 500$............. more than that?
This is getting out of hand, people are allowing Nike to just straight out rape them.
Yall acting like you ballin out, got money burning holes in your pockets........with most people that aint the case.
Kids either mooching off parents or dudes just raising their credit card debt, not having a single $ in your savings account thinking they doing it wearing 250$ shoes. No one gives a crap what you got one but your fake homies.

Everybody is free to spend their money anyway they want, but at this point.......there are better things in life to spend money on. Or just save the money, you might be grateful you did.
I thought 220$ for foams was getting bad...........in a few years the retail price for foams will be 300$ no questions the way yall keep buying shoes
Its disrespectful what Nike is doing and people are just eating it up.
30t6p3b.gif

In other words, Invest in nike stock

Back
Top Bottom