Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consumer like you dudes are just herd of sheep. Society pressure/ self esteem issue and good marketing got the best of yall

People like these are the reason companies are able to get away with charging 700 dollars for a cellphone and 300 for a pair of sneaker

It's just a sign of the times my friend.

what times? shoes shouldnt cost that much in the first place especially ones made of synthetic/cheap materials...

stop buying the hype

Last edited:
what times? shoes shouldnt cost that much in the first place especially ones made of synthetic/cheap materials...
stop buying the hype
The cost of everything is rising or haven't you noticed. A lot of stuff shouldn't cost as much as it does but it does hence the phrase "a sign of the times." I agree shoes shouldn't cost nearly as much as they do but this is what happens when you live in a celebrity obsessed culture. The Jordan's weren't worth 100 bucks when they originally released either. You're paying for a name and that's about it.

done kicking knowledge about prices and listening to the debate about nike vs. adidas.

i dont buy adidas because their designs SUCK.

i just want to see pics of the pairs we havent seen yet. black diamonds, svsm, all star etc

Consumer like you dudes are just herd of sheep. Society pressure/ self esteem issue and good marketing got the best of yall

People like these are the reason companies are able to get away with charging 700 dollars for a cellphone and 300 for a pair of sneaker
This may come as a shock to you but some people will actually buy the LeBron X because, dare I say it they like them.
eek.gif

And what societal pressure is there exactly for buying the Xs?

There's nothing wrong with voicing your displeasure about the pricing of the LeBron X but some of you dudes with your condescending, elitist attitude kill me.

Big bad Nike can't "brainwash" into buying $270+ dollar shoes, so you're better than the people who are

If $270 is where you draw the line for shoes, that's fine but don't knock the next person or label them "sheep" if it isn't for them.

How someone decides to spend their money shouldn't concern you.

And FTR, I have no intention of buying any of LeBron X colorways as of now.

Mn I'm tired of seeing like 30 new posts and each one is about how we should or shouldn't buy the shoe, how people buy into hype, how things and times are changing. Imma just come back in like a month to this thread when there's something worth reading/looking at...

Called my local House of Hoops, spoke to manager about the 9/29 releases. I was told they will have all four gold medal shoes releasing on that day (Lebron X, Kobe VII, KD IV, and Hyperdunk). Also told the highest quantity to lowest quantity went in this order Hyperdunk, Kobe VII, KD IV, then Lebron X. Also mentioned this Lebron X version is a $270 shoe, there is no other price option on these. The shoe and the Nike+ tech is packaged into one scannable barcode, there isn't a separation option for the two items.

What I was told, so I share. Call your spots and lets get this release info solidified across the board so we can be "smarter consumers" cuz lord knows we'd be dumb to buy anything we like that is priced higher than other options. :D

i would advise going to try on the newest hyperdunk. that is the closest you will get to the fit of the X. i went .5 size up. i wear a 10 in jordans etc...i went to 10.5 same as the lebron 8 and 9 for me.

Good looking will probably try them hyperdunks on this weekend.

This may come as a shock to you but some people will actually buy the LeBron X because, dare I say it they like them.
eek.gif

And what societal pressure is there exactly for buying the Xs?

There's nothing wrong with voicing your displeasure about the pricing of the LeBron X but some of you dudes with your condescending, elitist attitude kill me.

Big bad Nike can't "brainwash" into buying $270+ dollar shoes, so you're better than the people who are

If $270 is where you draw the line for shoes, that's fine but don't knock the next person or label them "sheep" if it isn't for them.

How someone decides to spend their money shouldn't concern you.

And FTR, I have no intention of buying any of LeBron X colorways as of now.
Here we go

Of course there will be people who are sheep enough to spend $300 after tax on a mediocre looking shoes. And please save the old "I buy because of the technology" line. It's all gimmick. Full length 8 mm zoom, new generation flywire, lunar foam etc cost 5 cent to make and they aren't going to make you play any better than a pair of 2k4 or hyperdunk. $300 is unacceptable. Would you still spend $300 on this mediocre shoes if it wasn't dubbed the Lebron X? What if Nike make the same shoes but call it the Nike air max whatever and release it as GR? Would you still spend 300 for it? lol

That's why the average consumer are sheep. Self esteem issue and good marketing ploy got the best of yall. Now why do i say self esteem? Because there are people out there who wouldn't leave their house feeling good or feeling in unless they have on the latest Lebron or Foamposite whatever. Take away all the bling, expensive kicks and designer clothes etc and they're left with an image they can't accept lol. Self esteem issue is what it is. They got to have the latest trend in order to feel better lol. There are actually kids out there who believe snap back and foam will get them laid lol.

A good marketing can make anything sell because the studies have shown that majority of consumer tend to buy stuff they want more than stuff they actually need. Releasing a shoes like this in limited quantity will create a buzz among the sneaker community. Now everyone got to have it. Because it's the "in" item. Joe the shoes collector would feel better if he has the Lebron X over his fellow buddy who happen to miss out or didn't get the shoes on release day lol. Then the smart reseller come in. I actually like these guys because they know how to take advantage of these so called sheep consumer lol. It's just a great example of capitalism. lol

So people have self esteem issues because they chose to spend their money the way they want to??? I didn't know that thank you.
Read my previous post. And lol at choosing the way they spend their money. That's explain why the average American are 5-10 thousand dollars in credit card debt. Buying things they can't afford

Here we go

Of course there will be people who are sheep enough to spend $300 after tax on a mediocre looking shoes. And please save the old "I buy because of the technology" line. It's all gimmick. Full length 8 mm zoom, new generation flywire, lunar foam etc cost 5 cent to make and they aren't going to make you play any better than a pair of 2k4 or hyperdunk. $300 is unacceptable. Would you still spend $300 on this mediocre shoes if it wasn't dubbed the Lebron X? What if Nike make the same shoes but call it the Nike air max whatever and release it as GR? Would you still spend 300 for it? lol

That's why the average consumer are sheep. Self esteem issue and good marketing ploy got the best of yall. Now why do i say self esteem? Because there are people out there who wouldn't leave their house feeling good or feeling in unless they have on the latest Lebron or Foamposite whatever. Take away all the bling, expensive kicks and designer clothes etc and they're left with an image they can't accept lol. Self esteem issue is what it is. They got to have the latest trend in order to feel better lol. There are actually kids out there who believe snap back and foam will get them laid lol.

A good marketing can make anything sell because the studies have shown that majority of consumer tend to buy stuff they want more than stuff they actually need. Releasing a shoes like this in limited quantity will create a buzz among the sneaker community. Now everyone got to have it. Because it's the "in" item. Joe the shoes collector would feel better if he has the Lebron X over his fellow buddy who happen to miss out or didn't get the shoes on release day lol. Then the smart reseller come in. I actually like these guys because they know how to take advantage of these so called sheep consumer lol. It's just a great example of capitalism. lol
so there is no way you can like the way these look, be able to afford these, and wanna ball in these?

so there is no way you can like the way these look, be able to afford these, and wanna ball in these?
Personally, If I am going to spend that amount, I'd rather get me a pair of authentic Jordan or Nike PE's, but not that HOH crap, and then ball in those.

OFCOURSE NOT! :D We are talking about sneakers here, not something with real worth like a $20,000 purse, or $10,000 pair of heels, or a $100,000 watch. These are sneakers, nobody that can actually afford them would ever buy them because these are for poor people that want to pretend to be rich to help themselves deal with waking up to the same poor people problems as 2011 Lebron would say. :D

Feel that sarcasm...lol

So people have self esteem issues because they chose to spend their money the way they want to??? I didn't know that thank you.

you wanna take it there :lol: But I get what buddy is saying--- the purpose of a cell is to make calls; the purpose of shoes are to cover our feet. Technically we should all be walking around with flips and payless shoes .... BUT... because of "unseen hands" we want things for obscene prices and we justify it in our minds.

The truth of the matter is we have no business paying these prices for MATERIALS THINGS THAT DEPRECIATE IN VALUE, yet we do :smh: I said 'we' cuz I'm coppin' lebrons and the iphone 5, so I'm technically part of the problem. the difference between myself and alotta other people though is I'm not in denial about it .

you wanna take it there
laugh.gif
But I get what buddy is saying--- the purpose of a cell is to make calls; the purpose of shoes are to cover our feet. Technically we should all be walking around with flips and payless shoes .... BUT... because of "unseen hands" we want things for obscene prices and we justify it in our minds.
The truth of the matter is we have no business paying these prices for MATERIALS THINGS THAT DEPRECIATE IN VALUE, yet we do
mean.gif
I said 'we' cuz I'm coppin' lebrons and the iphone 5, so I'm technically part of the problem. the difference between myself and alotta other people though is I'm not in denial about it .
You see it just how I see and quite possibly how dude sees it but I'm still copping my LeBrons also! 
laugh.gif

you wanna take it there :lol: But I get what buddy is saying--- the purpose of a cell is to make calls; the purpose of shoes are to cover our feet. Technically we should all be walking around with flips and payless shoes .... BUT... because of "unseen hands" we want things for obscene prices and we justify it in our minds.
The truth of the matter is we have no business paying these prices for MATERIALS THINGS THAT DEPRECIATE IN VALUE, yet we do :smh: I said 'we' cuz I'm coppin' lebrons and the iphone 5, so I'm technically part of the problem. the difference between myself and alotta other people though is I'm not in denial about it .

The cell analogy doesn't work that well anymore, because the last thing that most people do with smart phones these days is make calls. A better analogy would be paying the premium for an iPhone just because of the brand. It doesn't actually work better, and in some cases actually has WORSE specs than androids, windows phones, [insert competing brand here], but because it's from Apple you've automatically GOT to have it.

People buy iPhones for the same reason they buy Lebrons, they won't help you do whatever it is you're doing better, but they sure are pretty to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom