****Official ROCK Music .. What are you listening to??****

New Wave - Against Me!

brand new cd, just came out. In fact, anything by Against Me! is highly recommendable.
The body of my text posess extra strength
Power-liftin powerless up, out of this, towerin inferno
My ink so hot it burn through the journal

an dee 51o
Quote:
^ Try maybe the new Anberlin album, Cities. Also, check out a band called Just Surrender.
Call me a safe bet, I'm betting I'm not. Glad that you can forgive
Only hoping as time goes, you can forget​
2 loves: Kicks and Hicks

quickness...

check out these if you want:

the receiving end of sirens, run kid run, sotheysay, the graduate, etc. if you ever need any other suggestions, lemme know, i've worked in music for the last four years, writing for alternative press, managing bands, and doing merch for diff people. my head is full of useless knowledge about bands.

Rage,.....again. If I could listen to any one band in the universe for the rest of my life it would deff. be RATM. They are perfect for me. BUt lately I've been bumpin How I could just kill a man, testify, and wake up

BTW, can anybody recommend me some good bands similar to rage. I like stuff that hits hard but I don't like guitars that are really really fast. It doesn't cut it for me and it doesn't get me pumped. I like good, hard-hitting riffs at like a medium speed. Thanks
I am the Nina The Pinta, The Santa Maria, The noose and the rapist, And the fields overseer, The agents of orange, The priests of Hiroshima, The cost of my desire, SLEEP NOW IN THE FIRE​

The Lawrence Arms - Alert the Audience
HANG THE DJ"Because the music that they constantly play, says nothing to me about my life..."

Today's rocking goodness:

- Radio Birdman--The Essential (1974-197 8)
glasses.gif
[getting ready for the killer FREE show tomorrow night]
- Jack Penate--tracks from his 7"s [check this guy out if yr into The Jam, The ********, etc...absolutely brilliant!]
- Clutch--self-titled
CHECK OUT MY EBAY AUCTIONS FOR RARE RED BULL POSTERS:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtroubleboundQQhtZ-1QQfrppZ50QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0

not only is Against Me! one of the best bands out right now, they put on the best live show I've ever been to. Before you die, see them live.
The body of my text posess extra strength
Power-liftin powerless up, out of this, towerin inferno
My ink so hot it burn through the journal​

rhcp
Call me a safe bet, I'm betting I'm not. Glad that you can forgive
Only hoping as time goes, you can forget​
2 loves: Kicks and Hicks

TREoS rocks... Between The Heart and The Synapse hasn't left the rotation in a while.

Others I've been playing a lot:

Minus The Bear
The Blood Brothers
Bear Vs. Shark
Circa Survive
Cold War Kids
Drop Dead, Gorgeous
The Fratellis
Madina Lake
Maylene and The Sons of Disaster
The Used

and of course Chiodos.

Detroit Pistons​

kiddin like jason...didn't take much really. i was also working for an online website at the time, called absolutepunk.net, its one of, if not the biggest website for the 18-25 demographic involving 'scene' music, if you wanna call it that. i emailed em some interviews and reviews i had done in the past, and they let me on. an easier route to take, is AMP magazine, the poor mans AP...but still a great mag imo. if you just look up their website and email whoever is in the contact, tell em that your interested in doing reviews or something of the like, and they'll ask you for a practice piece or something. i've since left behind writing and used the contacts i've gained over the last three years to start managing bands, any music magazine is a GREAT way to get a recognizable name in the industry.

quickness, youre welcome. glad you enjoyed TREOS. right now i'm on a really big mellow kick. if you want to check out some bands who are a bit slower, but still very good. check these out:

umbrellas, mew, lovedrug, as tall as lions(HIGHLY recommended), brandtson.

Incubus Albums: Science, Light Grenades, Morning View, Make Yourself

Going to the concert tomarrow.... :pimp:
pimp.gif
TEAM WARRIORSWE BELIEVE

surprised to see jack penate get a mention in here.
right now, The Bronx - Historys Stranglers
no signature for me thank you,i'm british

The Roots - Game Theory
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
> SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998 <​

Back
Top Bottom