:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2012-2013 Season Thread - Training Camp Starts July 27:::

I'd rather be focused on upgrading our secondary. I mean Manningham and Williams should be ready next season. I think we're pretty stacked on that position. But of course if we get Harvin or Jennings, I'd welcome that with open arms. :lol:

I'd rather be focused on upgrading our secondary. I mean Manningham and Williams should be ready next season. I think we're pretty stacked on that position. But of course if we get Harvin or Jennings, I'd welcome that with open arms. :lol:

Funny thing is, I actually think the combination of Brown and Culliver is a pretty good duo. Culliver is young and I know he played like **** in the Superbowl....but for a good part of the season he was really good. Rogers I feel is our weakest corner. He needs to be the one replaced IMO. So if our three main DBs moving forward were Revis, Brown and Culliver....I would be really happy with that.

When is the honey badger slated to go in mock drafts? With the amount of picks we have, coupled with our strong coaching staff, I would love to take a chance on the guy (assuming he isnt going to be a 1st rounder).

Last edited:
rogers > brown tbh rogers has better speed, and lets not forget about the 8 picks he had 2 years back

rogers > brown tbh rogers has better speed, and lets not forget about the 8 picks he had 2 years back

Rogers is not better than Tarell. Rogers consistently drops INTs and gets abused by slot receivers. He gives too much space to receivers and is too slow to make up the ground.

Need to find a way to resign Dashon though. Hes probably the best FS in the game right now.

Ginn eh... What can we expect from Williams and Jenkins. So yes we do need another proven receiver. But like others have said we also need one or two corners.

We're definitely not stacked at WR.

After Crab, we dont know what to expect. Mario stays gettin hurt. Williams is a good route runner but is a 3rd option at best. Jenkins had a horrible rookie season, even worse than Rashaun Woods. Yes, that Rashaun Woods.

rodgers sucks. take away that 'fluke' season and he has been mediocre his whole career.

as far as WRs. we definitely need to address that either through FA or the draft.
keenan allen?
deandre hopkins??

i like marcus davis in the mid rounds.

im ready for the draft!

Last edited:

Wholeheartedly disagree with this. In no way is Rogers currently better than Brown. I find if hilarious that you say "lets not forget about the 8 picks he had 2 years back" when you are forgetting about every other year in his career. Myself, NTL, Deuce and many others were not happy when we signed Rogers before 2011, as we spent many posts spanning many years talking s*** about him. Obviously, I was pleasantly surprised with his 2011 season. But this year he looks like the same old Carlos. He had one good season, which was largely due to our front 7 disguising his abilities (or lack there of).

focus of offseason should be: trading Alex Smith he has value shouldnt just cut him, drafting some secondary help as well as defensive line, resign Goldston or draft someone, possibly explore trades for Revis and/or Harvin

Harvin would be a nice addition to the 49ers. I'd like them to trade away some of the draft picks because there's not many areas of need for the team. If Alex Smith is traded that could mean more draft picks. I wouldn't want Harvin for the longterm, but for a team that can win a superbowl, it's a risk I'd take.

Literally everyone agrees that Brown > Rogers. Good to know must of my fellow Niner fans arent blind and/or ignoring statistics.

Looks like we're the frontrunners to land Percy. I love Percy's skills but Im not sure this is the best move for us. Our top 3 receivers all prefer lining up in the slot as is. Add Percy to that, and we have 4 slot receivers and no wide outs. Also, Percy is looking for an extension right after he is traded. He's looking for 10 million a season. With Crabtree becoming a free agent soon, we need to lock him up. Dashon should be first priority right now, not Percy.

Dashon should be first priority right now, not Percy.

The thing is, Goldson made a significant amount of money last year. He made $6.2M with the franchise tag last year. So as far as the cap goes, we dont really need to do much maneuvering to resign him. We basically just need to figure out whats guaranteed and what not. I mean....am I missing something here? Im not right?

With that being said, I dont think Goldson and Percy have anything to do with one another. Especially with Alex's $8M coming off too. I have faith that Paraage Marathe can work his magic. He seems to be great at his job. He will make the numbers work.

God, Percy with Kap would be awesome. Percy has been a beast with a terrible QB throwing to him.

Last edited:
Literally everyone agrees that Brown > Rogers.
Agreed on that point.  As for as Culliver goes, I'm trying not to let my feelings about his piss poor Super Bowl play, and his comments made prior to the Super Bowl cloud my judgement on him, so I will have to discuss him at a later time.
Especially with Alex's $8M coming off too.
Yeah, I think folks are forgetting or not recognizing that not only is Alex Smith days in San Fran obviously numbered but $8mil or so is about to be freed up on the books once he's gone.  So that is going to free up money that we can and will easily spend on other players and positions. 

bruh brown got abused many times how many times did i see him with his back turned to the ball, w/e tho, may the best man win

Kevin Lynch said a little while ago on KNBR that there isnt a single team in the NFL that is willing to trade for Alex Smith. I guess our hopes of Revis or a high pick are gone. Id be happy with a 2014 5th round pick at this point.

Theres been more talk lately of Alex staying put recently. We're obviously looking to get something for him but no teams are showing interest, they're assuming we will release him. From what I've heard, management would rather keep him at 8 mill than release him for nothing. If we release him, we have to sign another back up anyways. So we cant assume that 8 million is comin off the books for next season.

Regarding the Percy situation, only way hes truely going to be happy is if he gets his desired extension after the trade. If we're going to extend Crabs, hes going to demand more than the potential 10 million a year given to Harvin. Collin is going to have his rookie deal renegotiated after this coming season as well. Tarell is probably gonna get extended after this season as well. Trading for Harvin and giving him his extension is going to affect what we'll be able to do after this season.

Theres a chance if we to trade a 3rd or 4th rounder to rent him for a season. Only problem here is Harvins attitude after being traded and Not gettin his extension. Will he complain when he sees most of the touches going to Crabs since hes in a contract year? After the season plays out, its very unlikely we're going to resign him.

With all that being said, Crabs VD & Percy would be a nightmare for any defense. Add in the pistol with Frank, Kendall, and LMJ and defensive coordinators are gettin no sleep.

Last edited:
Theres been more talk lately of Alex staying put recently. We're obviously looking to get something for him but no teams are showing interest, they're assuming we will release him. From what I've heard, management would rather keep him at 8 mill than release him for nothing. If we release him, we have to sign another back up anyways. So we cant assume that 8 million is comin off the books for next season.

There is no way in hell that Alex will remain a 49er next season unless he agrees to a massive pay cut. Management is probably just saying we would keep him rather than release him to bump up his trade value. Theres no way that we will have a backup QB making $8M a year. Period.

Back
Top Bottom