:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter  ·  2m

Most unique aspect of Colin Kaepernick’s new deal: it contains $12 million in signing bonus, whereas most big QB deals are $24-$40 million.
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter  ·  1m

Colin Kaepernick specifically requested his deal allow 49ers flexibility to negotiate extensions with players such as WR Michael Crabtree.
pimp.gif

There's no way we will be able to pay those guys, who will seek top money for their position, with around 35 million hitting the 2015 salary from just kap, aldon and stevie johnson alone.

this is NOT including Kap's ~18mil

http://www.ninersnation.com/pages/49ers-salary-cap-2015
[table][tr][td]Total and Dead[/td][td]  [/td][td]  [/td][td]$129,567,312[/td][td]  [/td][td]  [/td][td]  [/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]2015 Cap[/td][td]  [/td][td]  [/td][td]$140,000,000[/td][td]  [/td][td]  [/td][td]  [/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]Cap Space[/td][td]  [/td][td]  [/td][td]$10,432,688[/td][/tr][/table]
we'll see how high the cap goes, but i wouldn't bank on just that to give us the maneuverability to sign iupati and/or crabtree.

Last edited:
If there is anything that we should have learned in the past few years, it's to trust Paraag Marathe and let him work his magic. 

18 mil on kaep this year could possibly be considered a discount a year from now when dude's like RW and Cam for even more expensive contracts.

61 mil guaranteed? high, but still after that's up, you can drop him like a bad habit if he consistently struggles. i used to be in the camp that said wait and pay him after the next off season, that way he has some incentive to win a sb. but from watching kaep play, i highly doubt having a huge contact workin. the dude

If there is anything that we should have learned in the past few years, it's to trust Paraag Marathe and let him work his magic. 

Yeah, but they've never had a player making as much as Kap will be making. The biggest down side to giving these huge contracts to quarterbacks is that you will lose important players. It's inevitable with the salary cap in place. The reason the top QBs make the money they do is because their position is the most important on the field and they are so good that they can shoulder the biggest load and elevate the level of play of everybody around them. Guys like Rodgers, Brady, Manning, etc make average players good and good players great. Kap has yet to show he can do that and when talented players like Crabtree become cap casualties can Kap shoulder the load? Remains to be seen.

Last edited:
I wonder how much flexibility Kap requested in order to help resign future players.

Last edited:
 I want to see the entirety of his contract laid out, but as of this moment the Niners are estimated 8 million over the cap going into 2015 so I don't know what flexibility he's talking about. This is with Frank Gore, Michael Crabtree and Mike Iupati off the books too.

Last edited:

I want to see the entirety of his contract laid out, but as of this moment the Niners are estimated 8 million over the cap going into 2015 so I don't know what flexibility he's talking about. This is with Frank Gore, Michael Crabtree and Mike Iupati off the books too.
laugh.gif
 flexibility

I'm not even hating on the contract, Kaep has great potential and they needed to lock him.  Wilson will surely get something similar.

But claiming you gave something up for flexibility?  Unless they were about to make you the highest paid QB in the league, you took everything that was on the table.

flexibility to bring back kyle williams once michael crabtree gets ~8mil  ~10mil and mike iupati gets ~7mil from a team like the raiders or browns.

Last edited:
Yeah because it's a 6 year extension. Little if nothing changes in 2014; It's 2015 where the **** storm begins.

It's going to be even more pivotal for Baalke to have successful drafts in the future with less funds to distribute around.

Last edited:
Well some of that money isn't just based on performance/value on the field, but also value to the organization as well.

Lots of eyeballs and merch out there because of the guy. Like te Kobe deal. So I think it's actually pretty fair.

But we better win 5 more rings

I just want to see how the contract is laid out.

We still need to pay Aldon too. In a ****** up way all this off field stuff could help us when it comes to negotiating his deal. Young, ELITE pass rushers are extremely expensive. If Clay Mathews is making 13 then Aldon's agent will likely be looking around 15.

Last edited:
**** we haven't had to deal with these kinds of problems in a while.

Keap better stop ******* staring down receivers this year.

I want to see how ELITE Aldon is without Justin Smith.

I know he's got the potential and he's a playmaker, but I would like to see more of it without Justin being double-teamed.

Aldon has the most leverage of all the pending free agents including kap as far as on-field production goes. Dude is on pace to be a hall of famer if he can stay on the field. Smashing franchise records, Reggie white records, etc speaks for itself.

Who is the best player on this team? Pretty sure you can make a good argument its Aldon. Dude is a legit game changer. There is NO left tackle in the NFL that can block Aldon 1v1 consistently through the duration of a game. People focus way too much on that inside stunt Aldon and Justin run, but Aldon literally has zero flaws to his game. He can beat you with speed, stunts, power, finesse, size, length, strong side, weak side etc.

aldon was insane in green bay this year for that playoff game. dude was possessed by the gods themselves. :x :smokin :x

Last edited:
Well some of that money isn't just based on performance/value on the field, but also value to the organization as well.

Lots of eyeballs and merch out there because of the guy. Like te Kobe deal. So I think it's actually pretty fair.

:lol: football isn't fair. And that Kobe deal was even more laughable. I'm not hating on him tho he got his bread. But its still very risky. If its perfirmance escalator heavy then it won't be that bad. Giving a 2yr starter that large of an extension scares me. Very few players deserve that kind of money and he def isnt one of them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom