:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So he only needs to make the super bowl or all-pro once to stop the de-escalators? So let's say he accomplishes that this season while the squad is still all together... Does he get the full 120m? Even if after this year we lose some key players and Kaep ends up regressing again?

So he only needs to make the super bowl or all-pro once to stop the de-escalators? So let's say he accomplishes that this season while the squad is still all together... Does he get the full 120m? Even if after this year we lose some key players and Kaep ends up regressing again?
Yes.  Not necessarily.  Don't understand the third question.

Basically I'm saying if he has one good season and then starts to disappoint again, then what happens? Was there an out clause that you guys were talking about that i didn see?

Yeah, he only has to do either once but that's just for the de-escalators. Getting the entire 120m is not going to happen. I think the likelihood of winning the superbowl is more plausible than getting all-pro. It's going to be insane to win over the writers to beat out guys like Brees, Rodgers, Brady, etc.

Basically I'm saying if he has one good season and then starts to disappoint again, then what happens? Was there an out clause that you guys were talking about that i didn see?
There are outs every year. Basically he is on a long year-to-year, pay-as-you-go contract with little guaranteed signing money. There's a clause in the contract that requires Kap to buy his own insurance that would pay the Niners $20million if he were to sustain a career-ending injury lol wtf. 
indifferent.gif
Baalke and Paraag. 
pimp.gif

Got to give Kap props too because he is the one who agreed to it all. He is going all in and betting on himself. 

Last edited:
this is a great article by the cobra matt maiocco.

'Tip of the cap to Kap' -- 49ers' QB strikes team-friendly deal

June 5, 2014, 2:00 pm

[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td][/td][td]
Agree_Icon_Up.png
[/td][td]
Cheer
[/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][td]
[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td][/td][td]
Disagree_Icon_Up.png
[/td][td]
Boo
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]
[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]
Email
[/td][/tr][/table]

harbaugh-jim-kaepernick-colin_0.jpg

I don’t think my motivation is money driven. I think it’s driven by the success I can have on the field. Not necessarily for myself, but with my teammates.

— Colin Kaepernick

The file on Colin Kaepernick

Colin Kaepernick was already plenty popular among the 49ers fan base. And, now, his altruistic contract might earn him even more affection.

Kaepernick signed a contract extension Wednesday through the 2020 season that is essentially a pay-as-you-go deal.  He approved a deal negotiated by his agent, Scott Smith, and president Paraag Marathe that pays him just $13.073 million in guaranteed money.

Prior to last season, the Baltimore Ravens paid Joe Flacco a signing bonus of $29 million, and Matthew Stafford received $27.5 million up front as part of an extension from the Detroit Lions. There is little question that Kaepernick could have received a lot more fully guaranteed money from the 49ers. And, obviously, a strong argument can be made that his agent should have insisted upon it.

But sources told CSNBayArea.com that Kaepernick wanted it this way. Kaepernick, who recorded one of the top Wonderlic intelligence scores of all NFL starting quarterbacks, knew the exact details and ramifications of his contract.

And while the agent community is panning the performance of his representation in accepting this kind of team-friendly deal, Kaepernick made good on his promises.

A source with knowledge of Kaepernick’s mindset said the 49ers quarterback wanted his deal to be “flexible so that (the 49ers) could sign other guys.” Kaepernick's contract does not exhaust the 49ers' salary this season and figures to be manageable in future years, too.

Kaepernick will never see all of the $126 million that was initially reported. In fact, money from his contract begins to vanish if the 49ers do not regularly appear in the Super Bowl and he is not named a first-team or second-team All-Pro.

Kaepernick alluded to his team goals during his press conference on Wednesday when asked what he envisions himself accomplishing over the life of the seven-year contract.

“Trying to win as many Super Bowls as I can,” he said. “I think that’s your goal as a player is to try to win the Super Bowl every year that you’re playing. Granted, that’s not necessarily realistic to win it every single year. But, that’s what your goal is.”

Later, Kaepernick spoke words that can only be taken at face value when considering the structure of his contract, in which the 49ers can escape after just about any year with minimal salary-cap damage.

“I don’t think my motivation is money driven,” he said. “I think it’s driven by the success I can have on the field. Not necessarily for myself, but with my teammates. And, this just gives me all the more reason to go out and try to prove that I can live up to the expectations. I can try to help this organization win as many Super Bowls as possible.”

He did more than just say those words. He signed a contract that proved it.

Last edited:
on mobile. can you cliff note those articles?

love you long time whomever
the Kaep article: 

-his contract is worth up to $126 mil

-each year of the contract is guaranteed only for injury, April 1st of each year is when it becomes fully guaranteed for that season.

-the majority of the contract money is incentive based, if Kaep continues to develop into the stud franchise QB he is capable of, then he will be paid as such.

-"if he doesn't live up to the hype, the team can step away from his contract any time after the 2014 campaign.

Davis article:

-Mangini has told his group of TEs not to expect Davis anytime soon, chance for rest of TEs to make an impression in Davis' absence.

-Apparently, now that Kaep's extension is done, Crabtree is next in line, not Davis.

Last edited:
He put his money where his mouth is and I totally respect that. Not too many athletes (let alone superstars) carry this amount of honor.

...and there have been hints that he could skip minicamp this month.

However, Davis told ESPN Niners reporter Bill Williamson Thursday that, "If it’s mandatory, I think I should be there.”

I'm losing more respect for VD with every interview I hear.

Dude is getting really annoying with all his "my brand" bs. What happened to the team? All I hear is me, me, me while he's getting paid top 3 $.

Last edited:
VD puts up nice numbers but hit him once and hes ghost the whole game.

Seems pretty non existence during big games, not sure what brand hes trying to protrect.

I watched two separate interviews yesterday on espn that featured VD and it looks like he is willing to hold out. They specifically asked him about this issue and he said any thing is possible.

This VD hold out situation could be a blessing in disguise and force them to utilize more wide receiver sets right now which could pay off later. If you want to get your best players on the field then you go with the WRs because after Vernon it's doo doo at TE.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom