:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hell yea keep O'Neil, this team needs to be one of the worst teams this season to get a high draft pick, and so Jed can live with the current state of the franchise. Fire him this off-season.

imagine giving myles garrett to jim o'neil. guaranteed he ruins his career. 
sick.gif

Last edited:

it's time to #blowitup

only players I wouldn't trade are:

jimmie ward, eric reid, jaquaski tartt, arik armstead, deforest buckner, ronald blair, rashard robinson, quinton dial, joshua garnett and trent brown.

i would put lynch there, but he dogs it way too much on run defense. if you give me a 3rd, he's yours.

would be good to move ahmad brooks, torrey smith, joe staley or antoine bethea. 
I feel like this dude has majorly regressed and I would absolutely be willing to trade him.  Now I realize that success with the the S position is predicated on not having practice squad level players surrounding him, but Reid has been a major disappointment for me this year.  He looks lost.  He takes poor angles.  He hasnt been great in coverage.  Etc.

I dont know.  I am not seeing the player I was jacked up about watching play his rookie season.  I know we cant trade everyone and he is still young, but I am not seeing a great player out there anymore.  I am seeing a replaceable player.

[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Greg Gabriel: North Carolina QB Mitch Trubisky an NFL Draft prospect worth watching[/h1][h2]Trubisky is having a stellar season and could be an early-round pick if he declares for the draft[/h2]
Going into the 2016 college football season, the quarterback names we heard as potential premium-round draft prospects  were Deshaun Watson from Clemson, Chad Kelly from Ole Miss and Brad Kaaya from Miami.

After the first couple of games, Notre Dame third-year sophomore DeShone Kizer jumped to the top of the list.

Based on his play in the first half of the season, a new name has emerged in the last few weeks and that is Mitch Trubisky from North Carolina.

Trubisky is a fourth-year junior and while he has had some starts in the past, this is his first year as a full-time starter.

Coming out of high school, Trubisky was rated as a three-star prospect, but still received offers from some top schools. Ohio State, Michigan State and Alabama were among the schools offering Trubisky.

Trubisky has excellent size (listed at 6-3, 225 pounds), is very athletic and has a very strong arm. While he plays in a fairly simple spread offense, you see him make all the throws that an NFL quarterback makes.

Through seven games he has competed 203-of-285 throws for a 71.2 percent completion rate and 2,378 yards. He has also thrown for 18 touchdowns and only two interceptions. His breakout game was against Pitt in Week Four when he led North Carolina to a come from behind victory, passing for 453 yards and five touchdowns.

Trubisky’s stats can be a bit deceptive, as they throw a number of bubble screens and quick passes designed for the receiver to gain yards after the catch. Still, he shows good accuracy and ball placement on the medium to long range throws. He easily can complete a throw 50-60 yards downfield.

Trubisky has an overhand delivery with a quick release and throws a tight ball with good velocity. While he makes someoutstanding throws, he can get lazy with his footwork at times and throw off his back foot or when out of balance. When that happens, the ball can sale and his accuracy is off.

Trubisky generally shows good ability to read the field, has a minor progression to go through and makes good decisions. He seldom forces the ball. He also has the athleticism, quick feet and speed to avoid pass rushers and make and extend plays with his feet. It is very obvious on tape that he is in command on the field and has leadership skills.

Generally speaking, I am not in favor of first-year starters who are underclassmen entering the draft. More of these types fail than succeed once they reach the NFL. Another year in college would serve Trubisky well and get him more prepared to play in the NFL. That said, he is very talented and could very well be a first-round draft choice and perhaps even a top-15-type player. There are many NFL scouts who have a first-round grade on him right now. Come January, Mitch Trubisky has a big decision to make.

It's just frustrating how my time watching the game just becomes a moment of disgust. 

This org really is the Warriors of the Cohan era.

It's just frustrating how my time watching the game just becomes a moment of disgust. 

This org really is the Warriors of the Cohan era.
I am at the fifth stage of grief: acceptance. i've accepted it. we are a terrible organization with the worst ownership in the league, and until that changes, there is very little hope.

yorks could care less, tho. SBL money is coming in, and idiots still buying season tickets. did you see how many "fans" were in attendance yesterday? yorks just kicking back and laughing it up while they count their money.

Last edited:
Were the Warriors ever ranked as the worst run franchise?
I'm just basing my ranking as having an owner who didn't care about the product lol

15 seasons without making the post season lol

Changing coaches and terrible contracts, etc.

Being punked by Stephen Jackson to sign a ridiculous contract and not offer Baron Davis a max deal.

Yeah, anything tied to Cohan was ran terribly lol

I am at the fifth stage of grief: acceptance. i've accepted it. we are a terrible organization with the worst ownership in the league, and until that changes, there is very little hope.

yorks could care less, tho. SBL money is coming in, and idiots still buying season tickets. did you see how many "fans" were in attendance yesterday? yorks just kicking back and laughing it up while they count their money.
I'm glad you're finally there.

I am still in shock.

chip has to be one stupid/stubborn fat sack of **** to not realize how terrible jim o'neil is. we are literally breaking records that have remained untouched since the 50's. 
mad.gif
sick.gif

any football coach knows selling out to stop the run is something that can be remedied through coaching. it's called gap integrity. you plug and overcompensate for every single gap at the expense of your secondary. you essentially leave them alone to fend themselves. however, jim o'neil can't even do this. the worst DC in the history of the organization, and in the discussion for worst in NFL history.

seems like he refuses to deviate from his dumbass "guessing scheme", and teach old-school basic gap integrity.

Last edited:
If Chip is not making changes intentionally to get HIMSELF fired at the end of the year it gives him a good excuse to go back to the college ranks. Collect that NFL check and go back to where you had the most success? Chip really is a genius :lol:

and to think we could have easily just elevated lord fangio to head coach, and kept intact our entire defensive coaching staff. we would at least have one half of the ball accounted for by extremely competent coaches. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
i guess it all depends on how things ended behind the scenes.

fangio did want the job, but the dumbass front office bypassed him in favor of jimmy T. fangio is very similar to arians in the sense that he's long been viewed by the league as a coordinator only, so nobody has ever given him a chance to HC a team.

Last edited:
I mean you wouldn't announce it right after the game to the media like that but you gotta think a change does come this week with the coaching staff. If not then we are screwed with Chip and he really is a stubborn bastard. Completely different situation but a few weeks ago Buffalo wasnt going anywhere and they fired their O coordinator and it seemed to light a fire under that team...

spicoli is dominating 
sick.gif
 chargers got some young studs on their defense. bosa, brown, perryman, verrett, etc.

Last edited:
i would say the kings are the absolute worst run franchise in sports
Nah, it's gotta be the niners at this point. Vivek Ranadive doesn't know what he's doing but he inherited a bad franchise to begin with. Started from the bottom, still at the bottom. Jed on the other hand has managed to, in two years, go from a Super Bowl contender with a coach who has the highest winning percentage OF ALL TIME in his first four years to bottom-of-the-barrel-no-hope-have-me-wanting-to-give-him-water-from-Flint-endorsed-by-Harbaugh.

This is as big a fall from grace as we have ever seen in such a short span of time you could pick any of the NT emoticons and you would be completely justified without having to explain yourself.

Back
Top Bottom