:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

funny how fast things change. my raider homies were completely ******** on the guy, calling for his head after he drafted tyler wilson and traded for matt flynn.

@Oakland  
I was too mainly because of the Dennis Allen hire red.

I expected Hue to stay on, but he did too much coach, GM, and threw away picks after Campbell went down.

McKenzie wanted his own guys and turn around and he got his. Kudos to McKenzie.

I called the Matt Flynn release after the loss to the ******** in 2013. 

Last edited by a moderator:
the game changer was when mckenzie hit a bonds type homerun off the upper deck at old yankee stadium with derek carr

34nkzmq.gif

if the recent cowboys and raiders' drafts show us anything, it's that things can turn around in a hurry

everything changes when you land the qb

qb

qb

qb

WE NEED A ******* QUARTERBACK

Last edited:
It not like the niners have an awful roster. They have pieces in place at critical positions, but this has been an unfortunate year with the injuries.

I dont know what might go down in the offseason but please one of them be the firing of oneil.

Hoping the niners take two qbs, one early another late.

Last edited:
watson, trubisky, and falk are my top 3 guys with mahomes as the x-factor. 

only guy i would move assets for is jimmy G.

all of the FA guys are backups at best. 

Last edited:
when was the last time we had a quarterback that can make this back corner fade throw? has kap ever made this throw?

if the recent cowboys and raiders' drafts show us anything, it's that things can turn around in a hurry

Both teams also have two of the best olines in the game. Yea a qb is nice but do you think Carr or Dak would have done anything behind our oline last year? I believe we have a good enough oline now that we just need to add another piece and the right qb could excel.

So Watson is your guy red?
if chip sticks around and watson plays well in the playoffs, yes. 

love to hear a head coach talk like this about his quarterback
Swinney:  “He is very committed to improving fundamentally, trying to master the little things. He is really good with ball handling, play fakes and footwork. Those are things that he is trying to master. He is one of the last guys out here every single day.”

Last edited:
probably garrett or trubisky, but i really have no idea.

Last edited:
this could be baalke's chance to redeem himself. a chance to make a wrong right. make amends, and make him the highest paid DC in the NFL. he knew how to utilize your players. Bring back Fangio AND Donatell. 
[h1]  Vic Fangio rumored to be leaving Bears after season[/h1]
There is nothing like losing to stir gossip in NFL  circles. It's not unusual to hear one whopper after another. And when dubious stories are repeated often enough, they can be mistaken as truth.
With that warning comes a surprisingly widespread belief in NFL circles that Bears  coach John Fox  will be parting ways with one of his coordinators in the offseason. And it is not the guy you think it is.

Bears defensive coordinator Vic Fangio  is rumored to be winding down his time with the team as part of a massive overhaul anticipated at the end of the season. It sounds like a tall tale when you consider the Bears' problem has been a lack of continuity because of injury and suspension, along with a number of less-than-stellar game plans on offense.

Most observers expect changes at quarterback, and Dowell Loggains has appeared on shaky ground virtually since the day he was promoted to offensive coordinator. The idea that Fox is displeased with Fangio or the coordinator is unhappy in his job sounds absurd but has been the subject of speculation for over a month.

"It has to be some kind of philosophical thing like you saw in Minnesota,'' one league source said. "It's so out of left field, it might be absolutely correct.''

The Minnesota reference is to the resignation earlier this season of offensive coordinator Norv Turner, who left the team just as the Vikings  started to fall apart after a hot start. Turner's decision was a response to philosophical differences with coach Mike Zimmer.

Turner is an offensive guy who likes to attack with long passes off play action and was a student of the Don Coryell school of football. Zimmer is a defensive-minded head coach who prefers running the ball and using a short passing game.

It's unlikely the Bears would substantiate any conflicts within the coaching staff, so there will be no telling the veracity of the rumors until after the season. Fox and Fangio both come from a defensive background with the Bears running a 3-4 front in large part because it is Fangio's specialty.

Fox had always run a 4-3 scheme as a coordinator and head coach although he used a flexible front more often in Denver than in previous stops. The Bears have been building their team and drafting players to fit a 3-4 system, so it is unlikely they would change scheme.

The Bears' strength lies in its defensive front seven, where guys like Akiem Hicks, Eddie Goldman, Pernell McPhee and Leonard Floyd are best suited to a 3-4. Philosophical differences may refer to how often they use pressure packages or disagreement on coverage schemes.

Fox, insiders say, will return for a third season despite the team's failures this year. He will be reworking his offensive staff and now may also be looking at changes in his defensive staff. It's unknown if respected defensive assistants like Ed Donatell, who came with Fangio from San Francisco or Clint Hurtt, a carryover from the last administration, would want to stay without Fangio.

Fox came to the Bears with a reputation as the mayor of NFL coaches with endless lists of guys who wanted to work with him. Jobs in Chicago won't be as attractive if he enters a third year with a losing record and expectations waning.

With Fangio, the defensive players have remained believers despite all the losing. Without him, might they become agnostic?

There are always two enemies in the NFL — the one within as seen with doubt and a loss of confidence. And an equally dangerous opponent outside spreading rumors and disharmony to break a team apart.

The truth will unfold one way or the other.

Last edited:
issue is will chip like fangio as DC?
Fangio will have this defense running at full cylinders

Last edited:
[emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji]please bring back lord fangio!!!

Only way I'll see a possibility of that is if the niners dump O'Neil. Which should've already happened by week 8 :smh:

Oh man, if Fangio comes back...

Maybe P-Willis will to. He still advertises football helmets 
laugh.gif

all the chip back to oregon rumors can be put to rest. oregon hired willie taggart to be their next HC. 

Chip said his dad was buried in a 49er sweatsuit. Apparently his pops was a die-hard 49er fan.  
nerd.gif

salute. precisely how i plan to go out. 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom