:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Borland did look really good. He's starting to find his groove in only his second start.

PFF Grades for the game:
San Francisco 49ers – Performances of Note

Chris Borland, LB: +3.8

Breakdown:  A rookie linebacker filling in for an injured Patrick Willis wouldn’t inspire confidence in the defense’s chances, but third-rounder Chris Borland turned in a performance that opened eyes as to the kind of depth San Francisco has behind their All-Everything inside duo. Borland recorded an amazing nine run stops on 25 snaps of run defense – he was simply finding the runner on nearly every play.

Signature Play:  At 4:44 of the first quarter, Borland displayed the instinctual play that he carried through the afternoon, shooting into the St. Louis backfield to snare the runner before he got going.

Colin Kaepernick, QB:  -6.8

Breakdown:  A low point in what is turning out to be a rough season for the San Francisco signal-caller, Kaepernick’s day was spotted with mistakes. A dropped interception in the first quarter that he put in the chest of Lamarcus Joyner started it off and a fumble at the goal line in the game’s final seconds was the capper that left Kaep and the Niners on the short end of a winnable division game at home.

Signature Play:  In the waning moments of the first half, Kaepernick took a third-down sack that tacked on a few extra yards to a Phil Dawson field goal try that ended up falling just short.
my faith in kap is dwindling as the season goes on.

Last edited:

Borland did look really good. He's starting to find his groove in only his second start.

PFF Grades for the game:
San Francisco 49ers – Performances of Note

Chris Borland, LB: +3.8

Breakdown:  A rookie linebacker filling in for an injured Patrick Willis wouldn’t inspire confidence in the defense’s chances, but third-rounder Chris Borland turned in a performance that opened eyes as to the kind of depth San Francisco has behind their All-Everything inside duo. Borland recorded an amazing nine run stops on 25 snaps of run defense – he was simply finding the runner on nearly every play.

Signature Play:  At 4:44 of the first quarter, Borland displayed the instinctual play that he carried through the afternoon, shooting into the St. Louis backfield to snare the runner before he got going.

Colin Kaepernick, QB:  -6.8

Breakdown:  A low point in what is turning out to be a rough season for the San Francisco signal-caller, Kaepernick’s day was spotted with mistakes. A dropped interception in the first quarter that he put in the chest of Lamarcus Joyner started it off and a fumble at the goal line in the game’s final seconds was the capper that left Kaep and the Niners on the short end of a winnable division game at home.

Signature Play:  In the waning moments of the first half, Kaepernick took a third-down sack that tacked on a few extra yards to a Phil Dawson field goal try that ended up falling just short.
my faith in kap is dwindling as the season goes on.
My faith in him is lessening as well.  But I have a question about these grades.  So it seemed to emphasize the fact that Kap threw a "dropped interception."  I dont see how that can play into the ratings. It could have been picked.  It wasn't.  Do dropped passes play into this rating positively?  I cant imagine they do.

PFF has incorporated dropped INT into the criteria for their grading. I think its good because those plays should definitely be included when analyzing a quarterback's performance. 

In this case, Kap continues to incorrectly read the coverage, audibled to the wrong play and lamarcus joyner almost took one to the house.

Last edited:
I'm not heavy into analytics but do they also factor in which INTs were tipped or which fumbles were caused by a strip sack due to a missed blocking assignment or an incomplete pass because a receiver slips in his route?

yeah, they are big on the context of the statistics.

a lot of NFL teams use PFF to evaluate players. 

Last edited:
Halfway through the season and its pretty clear this is likely Baalke's best draft class yet.

Jimmie Ward is playing the hardest position on the field so ill hold judgement, but definitely needs to improve his play.

Hyde, Lynch and Borland all look like future studs. Ellington is a nice player but not being utilized correctly(surprise, surprise), and Dontae Johnson was solid vs Dallas and had a nice game-sealing INT vs the Rams in STL. Havent seen enough of the others guys to come to any conclusions.

Lynchmobb confirming our projection that he's steal of the draft

Last edited:
Oline needs to shore up their issues we all saw three weeks ago what Kap looked like with time against the Rams. Reserving judgement on Kap because this game reminds me of the Carolina game last year where the O line was getting whipped all day long.

^ please don't start that talk. Ton of talent on this roster. Ton of Parity in this league.

Last edited:
Trent Baalke has reloaded the defense with young talent and as long as Lord Fangio is guiding them we're contenders. 

I hate to say this, but it's harbaugh, his staff on the offense and Kaepernick that is holding this team back. Harbaugh's stubborn refusal to acknowledge the problem(g-ro), Kaepernick aint taking that next step in his progression as a "franchise QB" and G-Ro is hot ******* garbage. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Trent Baalke has reloaded the defense with young talent and as long as Lord Fangio is guiding them we're contenders. 

I hate to say this, but it's harbaugh, his staff on the offense and Kaepernick that is holding this team back. Harbaugh's stubborn refusal to acknowledge the problem(g-ro), Kaepernick aint taking that next step in his progression of a "franchise QB" and G-Ro is hot ******* garbage. :smh:  

Yeah, Jim needs to take a page from his brother...

Firing Cam Cameron was one of the biggest factors in the ravens sb run that year... He felt bad, but realized it was best for the team. Their play calling was ******* garbage.

This offense isn't gonna get better personnel wise this year, that's the only solution.

“@LombardiESPN: "Jim Harbaugh isn't going down with someone else's playcalling" - Brent Jones says that he's 100% sure Roman's stuff goes through Harbaugh.”

Timing is a big part of the schedule. If they got the saints in September or early October when the saints were slumping that game would look much more favorable.

They gotta split these next two road games at the very worst though. At worst they can only afford 2 more L's the rest of the way if they want to make the playoffs imo.

What's up with playing the saints in New Orleans 3 seasons in a row though.

Timing is a big part of the schedule. If they got the saints in September or early October when the saints were slumping that game would look much more favorable.

They gotta split these next two road games at the very worst though. At worst they can only afford 2 more L's the rest of the way if they want to make the playoffs imo.

What's up with playing the saints in New Orleans 3 seasons in a row though.

Odd and stupid quirk of the scheduling system.

I get how we draw the Saints the last 3 years since 2012 and this year was based off each team's previous season's finish respectively and last year was b/c we played the NFC south but confused as how to not at least 1 of those games gets scheduled to be at SF.

Not that we have much of a home-field advantage at Levi's anyway :lol: :smh:

What the **** happened to Aldons suspension ending early. NFL insiders have me putting on white make up and a red nose I feel like such a clown.

it was mike florio that 1st "reported" it i believe...and we all know how much of a joke florio is.
no one in the NFL even mentioned anything about it.

9 games is 9 games.

feelsbatman

Back
Top Bottom