:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ehhh I agree... Goes for any player, the second you put the pads on hit the field... Never know what can happen, same thing for any other sport

Can't be mad at a guy who chooses health over wealth. Wish Borland well.

Now the fan in me read the news on my phone and and thought wth is going on around here lol. Rough week for us niner fans. Tons of talking heads already saying we have a good shot at he number one pick for next years draft. Lots of overreaction

I know l may catch a bunch of negative responses to this, but I feel like I have to speak my opinion. (And I am going to preface this by saying that I absolutely DO understand how serious concussions are).

But.....

......I do not respect Chris Borland's decision in the slightest bit. This is some real p***y s**t.

CB does NOT have a history of concussions. CB did NOT just learn about the dangers of football recently. To basically skip out on a team that invested a high draft pick on him is ridiculous IMO. CB had to have been thinking about this for a long time. He didnt JUST come to the realization that he could get hurt. Why enter the draft if you are scared of getting hurt?

Like I said, it was a real b***h move by CB to leave his team high and dry because he was scared.

*flame suit on and dont really care*
Thats his health b

IM devastated but i cant eem be mad at that man

I know l may catch a bunch of negative responses to this, but I feel like I have to speak my opinion. (And I am going to preface this by saying that I absolutely DO understand how serious concussions are).

But.....

......I do not respect Chris Borland's decision in the slightest bit. This is some real p***y s**t.

CB does NOT have a history of concussions. CB did NOT just learn about the dangers of football recently. To basically skip out on a team that invested a high draft pick on him is ridiculous IMO. CB had to have been thinking about this for a long time. He didnt JUST come to the realization that he could get hurt. Why enter the draft if you are scared of getting hurt?

Like I said, it was a real b***h move by CB to leave his team high and dry because he was scared.

with all the studies about brain damage, dementia, and even the case of Jevon Jelcher suffering from CTE, i don't blame CB from walking away from the game. dland, a bunch of NFL pundits/ESPN agree with you, but at the end of the day, you can't fault the guy for wanting to be able to leave a longer, healthier life. props to that dude CB for walking away from something he's probably loved his entire life.

:\

Last edited:

But.....

The blurb on rotoworld said he's had two concussions in his lifetime.  Who knows how many more he has hid from his coaches/trainers.  

Also, we dont know if he's beginning to experience any symptoms from said concussions.  I'll take it a step further and speculate that he might have friends in the game who are in rough shape and he want to sidestep that issue before it's too late.

As far as taking into account his draft pick and "skipping out on the team," this is the only sport with contract whose monetary value doesn't mean ****.  Why is guaranteed money a whole separate entity?  Dude are killing themselves and can be cap casualties within weeks.  He doesn't owe the team anything the way the league is structured. 

He can also be using concussions as a reason but his heart might not be in it anymore.  

watch how dementia cripple a person and you would rethink your *****ing about him retiring.....I don't wish nobody to go through that as their way to end life so any way to try to prevent that narrative will never get a complaint from me 

100% agree with borland.

I am so happy for him.

I honestly wish i could stop watching football/get rid of all my gear/fanhood

i feel so guilty sometimes.

in fact i hope he inspires me

Last edited:
Yeah the NFL and the owners have too much leverage any way you look at it. Contracts, non-profit status, blood sport appeal...

The bubble is bound to burst before another version of the game comes along. The MLB evolved (steroids) and is now going through another evolution.

The NBA, in my opinion, is in the middle of an evolution and is poised to make big waves (gambling, overseas, racism zero-tolerance; also a new CBA, which could lead to some negative stuff).

Go dubs.

you know i was going into this the way dland is looking at but after reading some articles, seems like this is a thought out decision for borland and pretty ground breaking.

When it rains it pours though, although he was not elite i believe he had the skills to be so, his knack for the ball, he was always there to tackle someone!

For a guy his size im sure he wouldnt have lasted too long especially for someone that went balls to the wall, dman this saddens me because this truly puts a spotlight on our favorite sport. We consider putting our kids in pee wee through high school and hope they play in college, but this game is violent.

I wonder if the team got a hold of eric reids ct scan? If this is only the beginning ... What could be next? Its a decision he made with full thought and i can respect that.

It kind of deflates my excitement for the whole draft :frown:

Soccer taking Over in 10 years book it.

USA wins a world cup, soccer will explode

I talked about this a while back when that documentary came out on PBS. The Nfl will die slow. Godell is doing everything in his power to prevent that by inforcing new rules. Thats the only possible solution, to have new equipement and rules, but with that being said football will be a shell of what it was.

Heres a link of whats the documentary about

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Denial

Last edited:
USA wins a world cup, soccer will explode

I talked about this a while back when that documentary came out on PBS. The Nfl will die slow. Godell is doing everything in his power to prevent that by inforcing new rules. Thats the only possible solution, to have new equipement and rules, but with that being said football will be a shell of what it was.
Slim down the pads and scrap the helmet altogether.

Soccer ain't for me bruhs. I'll fade away into the abyss with the sport.

Last edited:
As a 49er fan I don't really participate too much in this thread as much as I should, but I feel the need to give my opinion on the borland retirement. Although it's pretty shocking and devastating to the team as a whole, you can't fault the man for wanting to live a full healthy life. People can say they understand the risks involved in football and would play for fame and fortune, and that borland is a coward for retiring, but given all we know about the dangers of head injuries, is this really that upsetting to you? Dude is brave for being able to walk away with his health intact from a sport he loved and dedicated so much time to. Hard to say whether many of us would be able to do the same in his position.

Time to move on. 

inside linebacker is such a integral position in the 3-4. Michael Willhoite is a solid backup, but he is not a starter. Your up again, Baalke.

When the World Cup comes around I will have my red, white and blue glass on and be believing. Bleedat.

But until then, I'm keep it 100 :lol:

You guys remember all the buzz when the World Cup was going on. With all these stars coming over here too, Beckham with his team. They even air the premier league on nbc. It's picking up steam. They just need to invest more in scouting/camps like Europe. The quality of play will go up. I can see the us going farther in the knockout round in 2018 [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Last edited:
Opinions on Denzel Perryman aka the black Chris Borland? 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

one of my favorite players in this year's draft

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom