:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
bruh i cant even

only 3 games in, so i wont go crazy.

kap took 2 steps forward and 10 steps backwards. still throwing off on your back foot? come on. god damn.

pistol at our own 1? are you serious? that's some G-ro ****.

Line desperately needs to be shaken up. They need to give Nick Easton a look at center because Marcus Martin is so over his god damn head. Slide Martin right and give Brown a shot at RT. Possibly even move Boone to RT and get Thomas in there.

i know its not a big body of work, but Armstead looks like he could become a monster. dude looks every bit the part of a dominant 5 tech. im ready to eat crow if i must.

secondary is LOST. mangini's zone defense is killing these dudes. they're not passing receivers off to each other correctly, not playing to correct zone depth and they're not playing disciplined, assignment football overall. they're getting waaay too cute.

you CANNOT have bad tacklers period, but you especially cannot have bad tackling when you're playing zone defense. tons of YAC. why were we in base defense for as much as we were?? having ian williams on the field in 2nd and 3rd vs AZ is almost useless.

we need to get this **** fixed asap.

Last edited:
secondary is LOST. mangini's zone defense is killing these dudes. they're not passing receivers off to each other correctly, not playing to correct zone depth and they're not playing disciplined, assignment football overall. you CANNOT have bad tacklers period, but you especially cannot have bad tackling when you're playing zone defense. tons of YAC. why were we in base defense for as much as we were?? having ian williams on the field in 2nd and 3rd vs AZ is almost useless.

we need to get this **** fixed asap.

watching the niners secondary + LBs play zone was like watching the middle school basketball team I coached try to play zone: no awareness of spacing, 2-3+ collapsing on and pursuing one player while leaving multiple offensive players open, and not knowing where your assignment on the court was. **** looked so disorganized.

could our cornerbacks play man coverage? acker and DJ have done a decent job keeping WRs in front of them, but it seems like reid and bethea have been liabilities in coverage.

Yeah, Acker and DJ have done a good job when they're in man coverage. I don't know how the hell DJ isn't higher on the depth chart. Dude is quietly making plays.

Reid has been horrible all year. I don't know what has happened to this guy. Maybe its all the brain damage he's sustained? Dunno. Bethea hasn't been much better. I would start mixing in Jimmie Ward and Tartt at safety. After all, they are the future.

I hope Tomsula doesn't feel obligated to hand people starting roles. I would start shaking things up. Nothing crazy, but you have to start compensating for the shortcomings of the offensive line and safeties.. 

Last edited:
BTW I've noticed Mangini is trying to implement a lot of pattern matching into the secondary, and these dudes are just not getting it. Manning up when they should stay zone, zoning when they should man up, and not passing receivers off to each other. FYI Pattern matching is when the secondary reads the receiver's release/stem and decides whether to zone or man up depending on the route being ran by the receiver. you have to be very proficient at passing receivers off to your teammates. you can imagine the problems that arise when you both guard the same player, and there's a dude running around freely.

Its incredibly difficult to implement in a short time span, but god damn, these dudes need to pick that **** up ASAP. The entire secondary is disoriented as ****.

Last edited:
BTW I've noticed Mangini is trying to implement a lot of pattern matching into the secondary, and these dudes are just not getting it. Manning up when they should stay zone, zoning when they should man up, and not passing receivers off to each other. FYI Pattern matching is when the secondary reads the receiver's release/stem and decides whether to zone or man up depending on the route being ran by the receiver. you have to be very proficient at passing receivers off to your teammates. you can imagine the problems that arise when you both guard the same player, and there's a dude running around freely.

Its incredibly difficult to implement in a short time span, but god damn, these dudes need to pick that **** up ASAP. The entire secondary is disoriented as ****.

pattern matching seems confusing as hell, particularly when asking a young secondary to recognize a WR's release/steam (i'll be honest, i don't have a clue as to what a stem is but can imagine) on the fly and communicate a switch or if you're staying home. way too much open space on a football field when that communication fails, and that was happening time and time again yesterday. How many times did Fitz catch a pass and there wouldn't be a 49er within 5 yards of him. It's like they were only watching Palmer and reacting to where he was throwing as opposed to being aware of where WRs were

yeah, it is. throw in the different presnap looks you're giving, the exotic blitzes and you can see why these dudes look lost. they're overwhelmed. i am positive its a scheme and coaching issue killing the secondary. mangini is getting too cute.

belichick is famous for getting his secondaries to master pattern matching. unfortunately, mangini is having a difficult time implementing it here.

Last edited:
fangio would run a zone secondary more often than not, if I recall correctly, with most of these same guys in the secondary. not to mention, it wasn't like we had a vaunted/overwhelming pass rush last year. that being said, why is there such a significant drop off in execution? granted, Patrick Willis was probably one of the best coverage LBs in the game and Bow does not look at 100% speed, still, i'm thoroughly disappointed with the play our defense.

the amount of plays of 20+ yards is outright disgusting. Defense used to be the backbone of this team...now this team is running around spineless and getting destroyed on both sides of the ball. damn it :smh:

I been said the secondary SUSPECT they look lost in all facets of the game...Kap still can't read defenses and for some reason is hesitant on throwing the ball on time can't say I'm not surprised by these losses it's the margin of points in these losses that's alarming to me :smh:

so when do we jump on the jared goff train?
we messed up last time not taking a Cal QB.....lets not make the same mistake :x :pimp: :pimp: :lol:

so when do we jump on the jared goff train?
we messed up last time not taking a Cal QB.....lets not make the same mistake
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
I'm down.  This season should be it for Kap.  I am totally fine chalking yesterday up to simply having the worst game of his career.  Want to see how he bounces back.  If he does not show marked improvement this season, we should move on.  He has had more than enough time to show improvement.

I am not willing to wait 7+ years to move on from a QB that should have been moved on from long before that again.

I have been very critical of Kap in the past and  tried to remain supportive of the dude, but those mistakes yesterday were unacceptable. How many times does this ******* idiot need to be retold that throwing off your backfoot is never a good decision? Not to mention off your backfoot and outside the numbers? Come on. His time is running out.

With that being said, its only 3 games. Waaaay too early to jump to conclusions. Leave that to the fickle fans. I've been watching this sport way too long.

Jared Goff does look like he's going to be a franchise QB.

Last edited:
Yesterday he seemed to be making the mechanical mistakes that he did not make in games 1 or 2.....which is why I am saying as of now, we can just chalk it up to a terrible game.  Nothing more, nothing less.  If he proceeds to have a good season moving forward, yesterday will be forgotten.  If he keeps making the same mistakes and not showing any improvement, I am ready to move on.

We haven't had a good QB since Jeff Garcia, and it is time that we start searching for that elite QB again if Kap continues to falter.  Its been too long since we have been looked at as a team that always has top tier QBs.  We need to reestablish that.

Our next 8 games....

Packers
@Giants
Ravens
Seahawks
@Rams
Falcons
@Seahawks
Cardinals

Good lord 7-9 doesn't even look feasible the way these last 2wks looked like :x

The best we do is 4-4 those next 8 game.. But still 1 game at a time. Gotta make the proper adjustments for GB. One positive is we play at home? Right ?

I pretty much thought this team should barely be on the cusp of .500, a lot of things would have to work in their favor for them to be competetive.

Im not giving up on kaep, and i truly believe he is a franchise qb.

Things get bad when team mates are turning on each other, hyde throwin kaep under the bus and shareece wright going after tomsula n vice versa.

The oline must be shuffled around and if it isnt by nx wks game then these dudes give no dambs. Pistol formation pretty much in our endzone???? How stupid r u tomsula, a great leader of men but an idiot at making decisions.

We said coming in or OL was gonna get kaep killed and our secondary would be suspect as hell, eric reid :smh: bethea!! :smh:

The best we do is 4-4 those next 8 game.. But still 1 game at a time. Gotta make the proper adjustments for GB. One positive is we play at home? Right ?

They better win that Ravens game or atleast 3of them but I'm a realist....Oh btw Shareece Wright is seeking a trade or release :smh:

Im hoping the young guys and this team as a whole play better at home

If colin struggles against green bay then ill be worried

If Kap has another game like this ever. I'm willing to admit we would have been better off with Alex Smith.

Dude looked like a rookie.

lol shareece wright

i would just release him. dude is useless. there's a reason he's been inactive every game.

Last edited:
That segment Espn just did on the teams that passed on Aaron Rdogers is sad man. How did our team not see how special he was coming into the draft. ****

the team didn't show up, but the empire did
 [h1]49ers fans force Cardinals into silent count[/h1]
7m
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • i

Josh Weinfuss, ESPN Staff Writer
TEMPE, Ariz. -- Silent counts are supposed to be reserved for road games, when raucous crowds are unmanageable.

They’re usually tucked away for home games, when quarterbacks can control crowd noise like a maestro conducting their orchestra. That wasn't the case Sunday at University of Phoenix Stadium.

The Arizona Cardinals  were forced to go from a verbal snap count to a silent one on the first drive against San Francisco because the 49ers fans in attendance got too loud.

“Wish it wouldn’t happen right now,” Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said. “We would hope that the visiting team wouldn’t get that many tickets and have to use a silent count at home.”

The noise affected the offensive line -- specifically right tackle Bobby Massie, who looked “fairly rusty” in his first game back from a two-game suspension.

“What cost him was crowd noise,” Arians said. “He couldn’t hear early in the game because the crowd noise got us at home.”

The answer to combating crowd noise on offense, Arians implied, was to get tickets out of visiting fans’ hands.

They “have way too many tickets,” Arians said.

Back
Top Bottom