:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
goff is unreal 
mean.gif
 he literally just needs more seasoning. i wouldn't change a thing. he's technically sound on all levels. i just love how fast he can get into a fundamental throwing position. dude shifts his feet and weight to match his eyes at a speed most NFL QBs can't match.

Last edited:
torry out of pocket haha

but kaep really would make a great lifting coach i like that idea gonna start that rumor amongst my circles now.

we should hear very soon if goff intends to leave college, and then we have wait until after sunday's game with the Rams to see what direction this organization is going in.

sick.gif
 i'd rather stick with tomsula and gabbert 

**** kap

trade his *** to the montreal alouettes

Last edited:
no, but i do not want to ever see kap again on the field in a 49er uniform. goff doing things in his junior year that kap couldn't ever do even if jesus christ descended from the heavens and granted him multiple lifetimes to refine his quarterbacking skills.

Last edited:
I will say this i was always defending alex smith even when he kept getting benched and would show glimmers then get benched again. they even extended.

alex eventually became pretty good. i hope kaep learns how to get haircuts again and does well in whatever muscle pharm he goes to.

What the Mike Holmgren Story Means for the 49ers

Yesterday evening, 49er fans were treated to an unexpected announcement. Mike Holmgren (three time Superbowl coach and slayer of donuts) expressed his interest in being the 49ers head coach... Again. Whether or not he ends up getting passed over by a Tomsula regime for the second year in a row is still unknown. If you want to follow that discussion, have a blast in here. Today I wanted to toss out a fan theory about what this announcement means in the broader picture for the 49ers.

I find this whole story to be really interesting. Why? Well, for starters, when is the last time you can remember a coach openly and publicly politicking for a currently filledposition? Successful retired coaches like Tony Dungy, Jon Gruden, and Bill Cowher are pined after. It's not uncommon to hear their names passed around at the end of an NFL season as a guy that teams would be interested in talking to about upcoming vacancies. But you never hear about a coach actively pointing to an NFL team, and saying "I want that job." This is especially true when the job is currently filled! Jim Tomsula really is the Rodney Dangerfield of coaching. No respect at all. This really is uncharted territory. So where is the interest coming from, and why did Holmgren decide to pull the trigger on this news now?

And this is where the facts end, and my conjecture begins:

Mike Holmgren has been an NFL Offensive Coordinator, Head Coach, and Team President. The man is plugged in. Now, it is certainly possible that he is bored in retirement and wants back in the game. This whole report could be as simple as that. He is (or was) a big name, he sees that the 49ers are in turmoil, and he is tossing it out there to get some attention. Sure. But the fact that he is so plugged in leaves the door open to the possibility that he is hearing something, and acting on that evidence.

It is possible that Holmgren has heard that the 49ers are sniffing around for coaches. Holmgren still has an active coaching circle after all. (Note to Jim Tomsula: a "coaching circle" is a group of friends that you have acquired over the years inside the football coaching network... Note to Jed York, a "friend" is a person that spends time with you even when your mother doesn't have them on payroll.) The most likely scenario is that the 49ers are sniffing around coordinators to replace Geep Chryst, and/or one of the other coordinator positions. Here is where things get interesting.

Jim Tomsula: a man without a country

Here's a term that I bet never gets used, "the Jim Tomsula coaching tree." No offense to Jimbo, but I doubt he ever ends up with one of those. The coordinator search after Jim Tomsula's hire last year was not an easy one, and it ended with the promotion of two internal position coaches in lieu of locating established figures. This is because Jim Tomsula has no network of coaches to pull from. If locating coordinators was that difficult last year, when Jim Tomsula was a surprise pick, and a relative unknown, how easy will that task be this year, now that the blanks in Tomsula's biography have been replaced with the blank expressions he's been making on game days? I'm guessing that this is the big wrench in the plan to retain Tomsula for next year. If the team plans on retaining Tomsula, but dumping one or more of his coordinators, that still requires them to find those new coordinators. Asking coaches to tie themselves to a sinking ship is not an easy sell. I think that Mike Holmgren knows this, and by presenting himself as an alternative, he just made that job a million times more difficult.

Mike Holmgren is now the worst option

Another benefit to the announcement is that Mike Holmgren just made himself the worst possible option for the 49ers 2016 Head Coach (assuming the 49ers chose to part ways with Jim Tomsula). When was the last time that a team this bad  had a situation this good? It just doesn't happen. Ever! By announcing his interest in the (currently filled) position, Holmgren is very publicly making Jed York an offer that is very difficult to refuse. One week ahead of the NFL's "Black Monday" Holmgren has essentially told the 49ers that if they part ways with 5-11 lifetime record holder Jim Tomsula, the absolute worst they could do is hiring a 67 year old head coach with a career winning percentage of .592, that has been to the Superbowl three times, winning once, and losing two very close games, one of which should have gone his way.

So there it is. Cut bait with Tomsula, and the worst you can do is to get an excellent head coach. That is a ton of suddenly added pressure for Jed York to consider a week ahead of having to make a decision that (if it goes Tomsula's way) would be historically panned by the fans even without this Holmgren news. That is a massive point in Holmgren's favor. It would appear that Jed York likes the Machiavellian types. Well Jed, here you go.

I know it's been said multiple times but please god touch Jed Yorks shoulder make him witness the error of his ways and can Jim tomsula lol.

Last edited:
Forget Jed, Denise needs to be hosting the press conference following the ram's loss. That ***** needs to step the **** up and fix the mess her son and husband have created. We all know it wasn't Jed who demoted Paraag.

did that family forget how they felt on this day?

uncle eddie 
frown.gif

look at that jubilus cocksucker jed. deep down inside, he's nothing more than a fan living out his dream to be like uncle eddie except he has no ******* clue how to run a football organization. i remember genuinely believing that jed was the right man for the job at the time. my, how things have changed..

Last edited:
Another one of my fav prospects: DT Andrew Billings 6'1 310lbs

I don't know if he's coming out this year, but if he is, he will be a guy to keep an eye on. Being a competitive powerlifter with records held in Texas, this dude has be the strongest guy in all of college football. He has sneaky athleticism with great short area quickness for a guy that is 300lbs+ and is devastatingly strong at the point of attack. good luck pushing this guy back. I don't know how well he would transition into our defense, but he's worth a look at the 0-technique(nose tackle). possible replacement for ian williamsin the 2nd round.

Paxton Lynch playing tomorrow at 9am

Last edited:
Part of me wants to see Hue back in the Bay Area. But I have a feeling he's at the top of everyone's list in the league right now along with Gase.

Back
Top Bottom