:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If the passing game was anywhere near the run game that year, with that D, we would have been unstoppable. What could have been :smh:

how teams used to play kaepernick:

-soft zone coverage because they wanted to limit our running ability. 

-little blitzing. 

-DEs/OLBs stayed home in fear of kap running

how teams play kap now:

-press-man. seattle exposed his weakness. teams are forcing him to make NFL throws into tight windows where anticipation, accuracy and/or touch is required. they're begging to be beat. kap cant do it.

-blitz a lot. the man crumbles under pressure, and doesn't go to his hot read very well. ability to get the ball out is slow.

-jump first read. his limited ability to go through progressions is known by everyone now.

-DEs/OLBs are crashing down. they'll trade off a big run by the RB in favor of getting a big hit on Kap.

this isn't more evident than the packer game this season. go watch all those old packer games. a lot of soft-zone defenses. kap would kill them. this season, however, packers adjusted by blitzing him and playing a ton of press man. sometimes even cover 0. they showed no respect for his passing ability. 
[h2]"they played man to man and blitz 0 the whole game, and we didn't take advantage of it" - Torrey Smith[/h2]
@:52 http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/T...-Packers/19184032-293d-4323-b6c6-e08bdeeb9cd1

Last edited:
If the passing game was anywhere near the run game that year, with that D, we would have been unstoppable. What could have been
mean.gif
In 2012?  
roll.gif

The passing game was the absolute strength of our team down the stretch.  People who dont like Kaepernick seem to either purposely forget or just let their current opinion of him cloud the memories of what he was.

From the second half of the Patriots game until the final second ticked off the clock in the Superbowl, OUR DEFENSE WAS A JOKE!!!  I am some of you are offended by me saying that, but it doesnt make it any less true.  Our defense game up a sliver under 30 points per game over the last 6 games that year.  Justin Smith was hurt.  Aldon Smith was hurt.  We generated no pass rush and opposing QBs were torching us.  

Those are the facts.  Colin Kaepernick was THE reason we went as far as we did that year.  People can choose to remember what they want to remember.

nobody gives a **** what he did in 2012. it's 2016. you're only as good as your last game. his accomplishments in 2012 wont help us win games today.

how teams used to play kaepernick:

-soft zone coverage because they wanted to limit our running ability. 

-little blitzing. 

-DEs/OLBs stayed home in fear of kap running

how teams play kap now:

-press-man. seattle exposed his weakness. teams are forcing him to make NFL throws into tight windows where anticipation, accuracy and/or touch is required. they're begging to be beat. kap cant do it.

-blitz a lot. the man crumbles under pressure, and doesn't go to his hot read very well. ability to get the ball out is slow.

-jump first read. his limited ability to go through progressions is known by everyone now.

-DEs/OLBs are crashing down. they'll trade off a big run by the RB in favor of getting a big hit on Kap.

this isn't more evident than the packer game this season. go watch all those old packer games. a lot of soft-zone defenses. kap would kill them. this season, however, packers adjusted by blitzing him and playing a ton of press man. sometimes even cover 0. they showed no respect for his passing ability. 
[h2]"they played man to man and blitz 0 the whole game, and we didn't take advantage of it" - Torrey Smith[/h2]
@:52 http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/T...-Packers/19184032-293d-4323-b6c6-e08bdeeb9cd1

Last edited:
word...

that **** was 3 years ago.

if you watch that vid of that NFC championship, they have the postgame of how that was gonna be another 49ers dynasty, and how Kap was gonna take over the league...

clearly, neither of those took place.

like bruh said, he took advantage of defenses not knowing how to plan for him, and being unaware of his deficiencies. 

If the passing game was anywhere near the run game that year, with that D, we would have been unstoppable. What could have been :smh:

In 2012?  :rofl:

The passing game was the absolute strength of our team down the stretch.  People who dont like Kaepernick seem to either purposely forget or just let their current opinion of him cloud the memories of what he was.

From the second half of the Patriots game until the final second ticked off the clock in the Superbowl, OUR DEFENSE WAS A JOKE!!!  I am some of you are offended by me saying that, but it doesnt make it any less true.  Our defense game up a sliver under 30 points per game over the last 6 games that year.  Justin Smith was hurt.  Aldon Smith was hurt.  We generated no pass rush and opposing QBs were torching us.  

Those are the facts.  Colin Kaepernick was THE reason we went as far as we did that year.  People can choose to remember what they want to remember.

****, you're right. I just keep thinking about the redbone struggles. I forgot they were actually putting a decent amount of ppg

@red81  and @tripda6  Are you guys serious right now?  
laugh.gif

Look, I know you guys dont like Kaepernick, and I dont particularly like him either.  But what he IS has no impact on what he was or what he did.  Plus, you guys are acting as if it was me who brought up the past.

Last edited:
Crazy without Paraag, we have no clue what's going on with any signings :lol:

This staff is taking too long to be announced unless they're waiting for someone from the left over playoff teams to be available

Are you guys serious right now?  
laugh.gif

Look, I know you guys dont like Kaepernick, and I dont particularly like him either.  But what he IS has no impact on what he was or what he did.  Plus, you guys are acting as if it was me who brought up the past.
nah, I definitely appreciate what dude did that 2012 postseason...

I dont think we see the 49ers in the sb that year without him.

But, once defenses got film on him, he was avg at best

look at how meh the offense was the 2013 season, sans the week 1 packers game.

his 4th quarter in the nfc championship was terrible... constantly watching him blatantly stare down receivers as soon as the ball was snapped.

I was a fan of dude, got his jersey in my closet, really thought he would put in the work to improve when he signed that team friendly deal.

but he is what he is, a great athlete with minimal football IQ who is trying to get by on sheer talent.

Are you guys serious right now?  :lol:

his 4th quarter in the nfc championship was terrible... constantly watching him blatantly stare down receivers as soon as the ball was snapped.

I was a fan of dude, got his jersey in my closet, really thought he would put in the work to improve when he signed that team friendly deal.

but he is what he is, a great athlete with minimal football IQ who is trying to get by on sheer talent.

This. I really hoped he would step up to the challenge when teams started figuring him out :smh:

Are you guys serious right now?  
laugh.gif

Thats fine.  In fact, I dont disagree with a thing you just wrote.  I just find it absurd that people try to minimize what Kaepernick was and did for our team, when in fact he was responsible the best QB play we have seen since Jeff Garcia (or arguably Steve Young).  

Thats fine.  In fact, I dont disagree with a thing you just wrote.  I just find it absurd that people try to minimize what Kaepernick was and did for our team, when in fact he was responsible the best QB play we have seen since Jeff Garcia (or arguably Steve Young).  
word.

I was just relieved to have a qb who was able/wasnt afraid to throw the ball downfield.

after all those years of JTO, Shaun Hill, Alex, the great Cody Pickettt, and the rest of those ****bag quarterbacks, it was refreshing to have a qb we believed in...

even if it only was for that short period of time.

how red81razorback81austin316 isn't at least a coordinator in the nfl off the sheer strength of his youtube links is beyond me though. parrag is a numbers guy but we got the tape son

We need Red in our FO asap :pimp:

Also, I know I'm in the minority here but I really want Kap to get another shot. Now I'm not saying I overlook the stupid/brutal mistakes in the past year and a half, but he is SO gifted that I still have faith in him. We nearly/probably should have made a Super Bowl had it not been for ALEX SMITH going 1/15 on 3rd downs and/or Bowmans strip of Ahmad Bradshow that was called forward progress in that NFC title game vs the Giants

That being said, I am not opposed to taking Goff (if available) or Wentz in this draft.

It wasn't too long ago y'all were on Kaps nuts even though we knew he wasn't the type of QB that a Rodgers, Brady, etc were and are.

I'd love to see Kap get one more shot (especially with Chip coming in.

And I wont lie I'm getting sick of people thinking Gabbert is something special and/or what we need. Makes me laugh every time. I've been around football for a very long time and you don't just give up on a guy like Kap.

Now if he shows no improvement and/or continues to make the same mistakes he did the past year and a half then I would love to have Goff or Wentz step in and I will admit I was a dummy and completely wrong.

If Kaep doesn't get cut I'd let him compete for the job. It would be pretty evident early on if hes changing his ways or is the same ole Kaep.

If Kaep doesn't get cut I'd let him compete for the job. It would be pretty evident early on if hes changing his ways or is the same ole Kaep.

Only issue I have with this is if Kap ends up not being the guy, I think his trade value would be drastically lower. I think we could get some decent value for him via trade

I'm conflicted bros :smh:

Only issue I have with this is if Kap ends up not being the guy, I think his trade value would be drastically lower. I think we could get some decent value for him via trade

I'm conflicted bros :smh:

agreed. the hope would be that given a shot to compete he'd get his head out of his ***. Its a big IF though. it's interesting though that Chip won't even talk about Kaep, Which doesn't look good for him :lol:

Last edited:
whatever we do, we have to draft a QB. its not even a question. kap nor gabbert are long-term solutions.

wentz, paxton or goff, i don't care. we have to take a QB at 7 IMO.

gabbert is nothing more than the sacrificial lamb. we'll run him out there to make sure the line is up to par and won't get our rookie QB killed in the near future. he'll be the bridge that helps ease wentz/goff/paxton into the the starting role. gabbert can help guide the rookie and show him what NOT to do so he doesn't end up in a similar situation.

kap is going to spend the off-season rehabbing. i am not sure how much time he would even have to try and improve. between the reports of him being out-studied by gabbert and the "I'm not huge on' throwing mechanics" quote, dude might simply not want to work on the nuances of quarterbacking. 

Last edited:
I'm set on offing Kaep too. Wind up too long, stares down receivers & talk about getting rattled...

Any QB in Chip's system has to have the ability to deliver the ball quickly, and with some anticipation. I'll take any of the 3 prospects, or Griffin III. I know I'm the only one in here comfortable with that move.

Back
Top Bottom