:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are you serious?

Wasn't the Lions rushing attack trash?

I dont think it matters anyway since Chip gonna do it all on Offense

i think chip was looking for someone that wanted to learn under him because i dont know what the hell else he'll be doing. help pass out smoothies and collect urine samples?

Last edited:
Chip said in his presser he'll be calling the plays so I'm not too concerned, interesting hire though because I thought the Lions rushing attack was among the worst wasn't it?

is chip trying to go power? i am confused. 

i guess he did say he wanted guys with a different perspective, so it makes sense to bring guys with predominantly power backgrounds. 

trying to be like the patriots 
nerd.gif
 fast paced, up-tempo spread offense that can effectively run zone, power, counter and everything else in the god damn book. 

Last edited:
**** class

\

you know, if i wasn't born into a 3rd-generation niner family, i would've probably naturally been a raider fan. i have always shared and been aligned with al davis' football philosophy. 

fast, physical and violent. run the ball down their throats, and then stretch the field vertically.

maybe that's why i am a huge proponent of how the steeler's play football.

Last edited:
you know, if i wasn't born into a 3rd-generation niner family, i would've probably naturally been a raider fan.

I'm the complete opposite, I was born into a Raider family and when I really got into football and knew what was going on I rocked with SF and never looked back :pimp:

Last edited:
so trent just revealed we've signed a OL from the CFL, but I didn't catch dude's name. anyone get it?

media isn't aware because nobody has reported it

Last edited:
[h1]PRE-FREE AGENCY/COMBINE 2016 5-ROUND MOCK DRAFT!![/h1][h2]  [/h2][h2]1.) Carson Wentz QB 6'5 235 LBS[/h2]
 [h4]BOTTOM LINE[/h4]  With a body type that is as prototypical as they come and a background in reading the entire field and working through progressions, Wentz will immediately check a couple of boxes that many college quarterbacks won’t be able to check. While his arm strength is OK, he can still make all the throws and he can make them with accuracy. His ability to escape pressure and pick up first downs with his feet will be yet another check mark in his favor. Wentz is still in a developmental phase after just two years at an FBS program, but has the mental and physical building blocks of a future, franchise quarterback.

Rationale: This guy has the physical and intellectual makeup you look for in a franchise QB. Plays with a huge chip on shoulder. He was only 5'8 in high school. As a result, he was under-scouted and under-recruited. As you guys know, I have been absolutely enamored with his ability to throw the ball long before the hype train began. Throws with elite anticipation and touch. He is a natural passer and can drop a ball into the tightest windows with pin-point accuracy. Plays with no fear and will stand in the pocket in the face of oncoming defenders to deliver an accurate throw. Most importantly, he has the it factor. Consistently lead NDSU on game-winning drives at the end of games. The guy is adored by his teammates and the leader of the NDSU team. He's a football junkie and obsessed with becoming the best QB he can be. A perfect fit for Kelly's system. Not only is a highly-accurate passer, but he has the athleticism to keep on the zone-read and take off on teams.

Alternate pick: Myles Jack ILB

[h2]2.) Jason Spriggs OT 6'6 300 LBS[/h2]
 Scouts looking for tackles to play in a zone blocking scheme will certainly want to check out Spriggs, a former tight end who has maintained his athleticism while getting bigger and stronger to start the past four years at left tackle for the Hoosiers. Quick and agile, Spriggs is very effective blocking on the move and has the length and balance to mirror in pass protection. He's not particularly stout, however, and may struggle acclimating to the power he'll face in the NFL.

Rationale: One of the more talented players in the draft. Might have the most upside of any OL. Spriggs is the prototypical ZBS lineman. He has the feet, athleticism and football IQ that Chip looks for in his linemen. Like Boone, he has that large frame with the potential to get bigger and stronger while maintaining his feet quickness and athleticism. I project him as a guard early on, but he can kick out to tackle in a pinch or late on his career. 
[h2]3.) Noah Spence OLB 6'3 261 LBS[/h2]
 A true wild-card prospect, Spence has first-round talent, there is no question about that. But the former Ohio State Buckeye has a history of drug abuse, although he has cleaned up his habits since being banned from the Big Ten.

Rationale: Lynchmobb all over again. He has the rare combination of size, speed and fluidity desired in 3-4 OLB. Ridiculous pass rush potential and can play in space. This guy would be a first-round draft pick if not for his **** ups at Ohio St. We need another pass rusher opposite Lynch, and this guy would fill that need. Absolutely worth the gamble.
[h2]4.) Karl Joseph SS 5'11 197 LBS[/h2]
 Pound-for-pound one of the most physical players in the country, Joseph doesn't have ideal size, but he plays much bigger and tougher than he looks. He loves violent contact and times his hits well to jar the ball loose, accounting for eight forced fumbles over his career.
Joseph has quick reflexes to make explosive decisions and movements, shooting out of a cannon with an aggressive play style and never attacking half-speed. He strikes through his target and is a big hit waiting to happen, but he doesn't consistently wrap and will take wild angles at times.

IN OUR VIEW: Although he has room to develop in coverage, Joseph enters the 2015 season as one of the best senior safety prospects in the country.

Rationale: why? WHY THE **** NOT! You can never have too many football players, and Karl Joseph aka hitman is the god damn embodiment of a football player. two words: alpha male. Captain and leader of that WVU defense. One of the best safeties in college. This guy plays 100%, 100% of the time and leaves everything he's got out on the field. He has the natural DB instincts, explosive first step and ability to close distance in a hurry that you look for in your cover safeties. Plays with no fear. Comes downhill on RBs and will blow them the **** up with complete disregard for his own well-being. Delivers a monstrous hit on WRs when he unloads. I can envision a package aka the hiroshima package with Tartt, Ward, Reid and Joseph similar to the DB package Arizona employs with their myriad of safeties. Only reason he'll be here is because of an injury. *baalke handrub*
[h2]  [/h2][h2]4b.) JOE SCHMIDT, ILB 6'0 235 LBS[/h2]
 STRENGTHS:  A tough-minded competitor, Schmidt is highly active with a nose for the ball and above average recognition skills, putting himself in the position to succeed. He mirrors backs well at the line of scrimmage and uses his size and strength to fight through blockers and blow up the ballcarrier near the line of scrimmage.
(no highlights)

Rationale: Blue-collar football player. This kid really stood out to me while I was "scouting" Jaylon Smith. He was all over the place. He had to earn his scholarship. Joe was a walk-on at ND, made the team, and became one of the captains of that ND defense. Dude plays with relentless motor and has his nose in every play. I think he would be a great fit next to Bowman. Needs to continue working to become a starter, but has the drive, desire and the intangibles that I am looking for in a football player. We need another ILB, so he fills a need as well.
[h2]5.) Josh Ferguson RB 5'9 200 LBS[/h2]
 [h3]Pro Comparison:  Giovani Bernard[/h3]
He’s the same size as the Cincinnati Bengals standout, with a similar versatile skill set.  Bernard can run between the tackles, off tackle, and catch passes out of the backfield.  Josh Ferguson is less proven than Bernard was at North Carolina by the time he declared for the draft, but the similarities are striking.

Rationale: The perfect compliment to Los. The guy can run between the tackles and would excel in the the zone runs that Chip calls. However, we want him for his ability to catch the ball. That is where he really shines. Has excellent ball skills and is dangerous after the catch. Dude is slippery in space, and has home-run capability on every touch.

Last edited:
OLB Victor Ochi is killing it right now at the east-west shrine game. somebody to keep an eye on.

Last edited:
I hope Carson Wentz name catches fire and he shows up big at the combine so he can go 2 to Cleveland. So Goff drops to 7.

Idk why just sold on Goff being that good. HOF good eventually. Some of the throws he made this year were incredible. Never watched Wentz live until that Chamoionship and wasn't impressed with his accuracy.

P.S.- after further thought. We can't keep Kap.

Last edited:
I'm down with that! Goff is still my #1 QB in the draft. If he slips then we'll count our blessings.

I am ok with Myles Jack or Deforest Buckner, too.

I want to see how Myles Jack looks at the combine. I hope he put on some muscle and retained his electric athleticism. 

Last edited:
I'm down with that! Goff is still my #1 QB in the draft. If he slips then we'll count our blessings.

I am ok with Myles Jack or Deforest Buckner, too.

I want to see how Myles Jack looks at the combine. I hope he put on some muscle and retained his electric athleticism. 
Myles jack is exactly what we need tho on D. Buckner prolly a bigger freak of nature than Armstead. Those two would be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom