:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd presume it would be for Wentz. Baalke's history at NDSU makes me think he has Wentz over Goff.

All the articles I've read say Scouts have indicated that Wentz continues to impress any chance he gets during this years draft process.

i wonder if jed will stick his nose in the mix. i could see him being enamored with jared goff. use goff, the hometown kid turned 49er QB, as a selling point this upcoming season. you can market the **** out of new head coach, new franchise QB, new era of football aspect.

only a matter of time before jed starts drawing the parallels between chip/walsh and montana/goff. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Can Blaine Gabbert be the answer as our franchise QB? his size, athleticism, and skill set seems to fit Chip perfectly. He did more with less compared to Kaep last year although they both had to deal with the crap o-line. Plus, he's only 26. Chip and Trent seem to like him a lot. A lot of Sunshine fans in this thread but for the most part it's been Goff/Wentz or bust this off season.

I see Wentz in a 49er uniform.
Not sold on Blaine completely.
I like the idea of sitting the rookie unless he just is the "guy" out the gate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can Blaine Gabbert be the answer as our franchise QB? his size, athleticism, and skill set seems to fit Chip perfectly. He did more with less compared to Kaep last year although they both had to deal with the crap o-line. Plus, he's only 26. Chip and Trent seem to like him a lot. A lot of Sunshine fans in this thread but for the most part it's been Goff/Wentz or bust this off season.
i like gabbert as a stopgap. im not passing on goff if he's there.

kelly prioritizes "repetitive accuracy" above all else, and there isn't a QB more accurate in the draft than jared goff.

Last edited:
Get that money Kap, its the only large ammount of money he will see playing football. He will most likley ride the bench like RG3, hopefully they give him some reps as a saftey.

roll.gif

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 
Former #49ers RT Anthony Davis remains on reserve/retired list. He has not filed for reinstatement. He did not attend Day 1 of offseason.
mean.gif
 tired of this dude.

Last edited:
Let Kaep sit on the bench. 

His salary shouldn't hurt the team too much right?

I wanted to see Kaep in Denver so Aldon could wish him happy birthday. Oh well.
More Carlos Hyde please.

door is far from closed on the trade. if i was a betting man, i'd put everything on him being traded closer to the draft.

and we need less carlos hyde. might sound counterintuitive, but we need someone to step up and split carries. los has a serious problem avoiding unnecessary punishment. he wont last long if he has to carry the workload. 

Last edited:
^ what about adding another bruiser RB like Kenneth Dixon that you mentioned "runs angry" as well :evil: ?

I've taken him in some mocks off that First Pick site.

I actually wouldn't mind if Baalke took a Dixon and added Josh Ferguson from draft.

I know we resigned Draughn but if anything; last year showed that we need to have RB depth and we thought we actually had some going into last year and that failed miserably.

Hyde
Dixon
Ferguson
Draughn

Hayne has to be odd man out unfortunately in this scenario and Mike Davis presumably would be too.

I knew week 1 last year the RB situation was gonna be a disaster when we were forced to have Hayne relieve Hyde since Reggie Bush went down and Davis was inactive :x

Horrible game planning :smh:

Last edited:
yes please, i'd love to draft kenneth dixon. hammer and more hammer with him and los. 
devil.gif

Last edited:
if we pass on goff for any player other than buckner, i am going to lose my ****. i dont give a **** about anyone else at the top of the board.

i think buckner is going to have a fletcher cox type impact from the jump.

i love jack, but that knee worries me.

goff or bust.

Last edited:
i think dixon might go late 2nd-early 3rd, so he might be off the board earlier than we'd be willing to use a pick on a RB 

Makes sense but remember during 2014 draft we all joked about Baalke using a 2nd rounder on a RB and we got Hyde :lol:

Last edited:
I feel the same as far as Goff and Buckner being the only real choices. I really want Goff but Buckner is like a tantalizing juicy steak (pause). Having him would be amazing

Last edited:
Agreed. The Buckner tape is amazing. I get giddy every time I fire it up. :lol:

Buckner could end up being a better player throughout his career at his position than Goffis at his.

However, the difference is that QBs can singlehandedly Impact a franchise like no other position can. Nobody will argue that JJ watt isnt a better player at his position than Eli manning is at his, but Eli lifted his team to two rings.

Last edited:
Agreed. The Buckner tape is amazing. I get giddy every time I fire it up. :lol:

Buckner could end up being a better player throughout his career at his position than Goffis at his.

However, the difference is that QBs can singlehandedly Impact a franchise like no other position can. Nobody will argue that JJ watt isnt a better player at his position than Eli manning is at his, but Eli lifted his team to two rings.

You need to start a podcast or something man. I need more to listen to

Last edited:
Ralph man. People either loved the guy or hated him. He had great chemistry with Tom. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom