:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
that jump-pass TD by kap was ridiculous lol

seattle's d-line was kicking our o-line's *** in pass pro. AD was getting manhandled.

Last edited:
Edit: NVM. Read that wrong. Thought you were talking about 2014 NFC champ gm.

Edit #2: Oh wait, Red you are talking about 2014.

Lightweight must be talking about 2013 game.

^ sorry for confusing *** texts.

I got confused by both of your guys' posts.

My original comment was :stoneface: at those dumb *** throws Kap made (that Kam INT that Red linked to clip of not too long ago). And yet we still had a chance to win the game :\

Last edited:
yeah, it's the 2013 season NFCC vs Seattle. 

4th quarter starting, and here come the triple turn overs.

damn, i never noticed P-willy freak out and shove a referee out of the way when Bow told him his knee was destroyed.

Last edited:
bruh that injury 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

mean.gif

i dont understand what he was seeing. seattle was running a very basic cover 3. No disguises, tricks, rolled coverages, etc. It was a really straight forward coverage.

Kam chancellor was 'spot dropping' back to the flat/curl. i don't get it.

Last edited:
^ what makes it worse is seeing Kendall Hunter wide open in space around the 30 where he could've likely gotten a first down or at the least a very manageable 2nd and short.

And that also partly sums up how "behind" Kap is as a passer, continually failing to see players (that weren't the primary target) that are open.

And that also partly sums up how "behind" Kap is as a passer, continually failing to see players (that weren't the primary target) that are open.
It must be terribly disheartening to be the 2nd, 3rd or 4th option on a play. Even if you manage to get wide open, you already know it's futile. Then you deal with a bunch of ******ed fans on social media talking about "our wide receivers suck", "we need a true #1", "we need someone 6'5", "we need a redzone target", "baalke cant draft wide receivers", blah blah blah.

no *************, you need someone who can see the whole god damn field

Last edited:

It must be terribly disheartening to be the 2nd, 3rd or 4th option on a play. Even if you manage to get wide open, you already know it's futile. Then you deal with a bunch of ******ed fans on social media talking about "our wide receivers suck", "we need a true #1", "we need someone 6'5", "we need a redzone target", "baalke cant draft wide receivers", blah blah blah.

no *************, you need someone who can see the whole god damn field

I don't know how many arguments I've had with people about this. you can have 5 Randy Mosses out there, if the QB can't get them the ball they might as well be high schoolers :lol:

Hate to bring up Madden in discussion for actual football talk :lol: but regarding discussing Kap's field vision:

Reminded me of the old Madden the one year where the main feature was the "QB field vision cone" as you can see in pic below.

I swear Kap's real life "field vision cone" is that red line I added onto that screenshot compared to what's actually on the screen :lol: :smh:

View media item 2039099

Last edited:
LMAO

yo, i haven't played madden in like ten years, but i've been thinking about picking it up lately.

Haven't gotten a chance to read entire thing yet since I'm at work but this is a pretty good article from what I've read so far breaking down Kap.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/w...e-is-overblown-and-how-he-can-turn-it-around/

Title is misleading though. Not really pro-Kap but more pointing out what Red and others have pointed out the last couple years that Kap hasn't improved at all and is literally the same QB he was when he first became a starter to now.

Kaepernick isn't a timing quarterback. He's a quarterback who thrives when he can see a man get open and then drill the ball into that man. He's not anticipating or throwing his receivers open. Kaepernick, often times, locks onto one receiver and fires away. His arm strength has never been in doubt, which allows him to get away with his lack of timing.

In the golden days, when his first read failed to get open, his offensive line provided him with protection that allowed him to sit back in a clean pocket and locate a secondary option.

And for a quarterback who lacks timing, that protection came in handy in the tight confines of the red zone. The protection below was already good at the onset of the play. Add in Kaepernick's decision to extend the play with his speed, and suddenly the defensive backs were being asked to hang with receivers for six-plus seconds.

That rarely works out.

WOW, that article is money. the writer did an excellent job of making a point and then substantiating it with evidence. 

the game changed around him: his line got worse, yes, but the defenses he's currently facing are exploiting and capitalizing on his weaknesses; he, however, has not adjusted and is the exact same player he was in 2012. 
This is where perception comes into play: The Kaepernick of 2012 and 2013 was never as good as he was made out to be. The Kaepernick of 2014 and 2015 was never as bad as he was made out to be.
well put.

the one thing i really do like about gabbert is his improvement. it's obvious that he has made substantial strides since his days in jacksonville.

Last edited:
While I do think Gabbert is a better overall fit in Chip's scheme, I do think Chip Kelly can help Kap. His offense is predicated on stretching the defense both vertically and horizontally. He's going to run a ton of personnel packages that feature 3, 4 and even 5 wide receivers. While having this many receivers/reads in a play may seem counterintuitive to Kap's success, it should alleviate some of the tight press-man coverages that gave Kap fits this last season and force teams to utilize more zone coverages, which Kap feasted early on in his career. He should see some bigger throwing windows as a result in Chip's scheme.

Line will still have to hold up their end of the bargain.

ps after watching tons of Eagle's tape, I would describe Chip's offense as a west coast offense on crack. He has a TON of WCO concepts in his scheme. We've been running a lot of stuff he runs the last few years, so it shouldn't be too bad of a transition for the QBs. The tempo is obviously is the biggest difference.

Last edited:
I would have the most awkward boner if we win a ring this coming season with this current team. I wouldn't know whether to enjoy it or just sit down somewhere and put my backpack on top of it until it goes away.

LMAO at QP on the left
roll.gif
dude is a fool

lynchmobb almost as big as armstead and defo 
sick.gif
pimp.gif

yo our team is so young. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Im a true 49er!! I dont want to see these dudes clowning and doing the running man. What Would Coach Sing do? [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Even if he never catches another pass for us, I'll always have a deep respect for QP on the strength of him sitting on top of that browns' CB earlier this season

:lol: gotta love the kid in him. Like someone said earlier, see big things coming from him. He seemed to be doing a lot better once Gabbert stepped in

you can't make plays if you're never given the opportunity. both QP and bruce have been relegated due to terrible offensive coaching/scheming and QB play.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...Blaine-Gabbert-to-Quinton-Patton-for-28-yards

3o85xDZdeo9HrVWbxS.0.gif

Patton-End-Around.gif

peep the open field block by vance here. for all the vance haters, he aint going NOWHERE. dude may have brick hands, but he can block like a ************ and you need that.

xTiTngxccDaYwzpuh2.0.gif

smfh at kap panicking in a perfectly clean pocket @ 1:09 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom