:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Coach. 
mean.gif

classic photo from the 2011 season. can the harbaugh era be encapsulated any better? alex under center with bruce and franky G in i formation.

Last edited:
can't even be mad at crabs, didn't Alex Smith have like a sub 30% completion rate that game? made two big throws to VD and that was it.

funny how all three of the dudes i mentioned now play in the afcw

I believe Crabs' 1 catch for 3 yds was on a 3rd and 5 inside the Giants' 20 yd line. I was heated, had me thinking "YOU COULDN'T RUN AN EXTRA 2 ******* YARDS?!"

He wasn't tackled he went out of bounds :smh:

hmm, I wonder if Bruce Miller went ahead and wrote that article fully knowing he wouldn't make the final 53 man? Probably one last FU to Jed.

LETS ******* GO!!!!!!!!!!! 4 weeks until TC!!

the big man can fly off the ball

Buckner-2.gif

the violent hands, the smooth feet and hips. chop and swim like michael phelps cutting wood

Buckner-1.gif

DROY. book it, *****.

Last edited:
he finished 10.5 of them as a 5-technique

i hope he has that "issue" in the pros 
grin.gif

scary thing about defo is he's only scratching the surface. he has a lot of room for improvement as far as technique goes.

Last edited:
he finished 10.5 of them as a 5-technique

i hope he has that "issue" in the pros >D  

scary thing about defo is he's only scratching the surface. he has a lot of room for improvement as far as technique goes.
Could've been 22.5 >D

one of my favorite aspects of defo's game: active hands.

dude knows that if he doesn't get home or the QB is on a short drop step, get those 12" bear paws up in the air. it's like trying to throw a football thru a windmill.

LOVE THIS!! ACTIVE, VIOLENT HANDS!!!

89jt8gNqmNTOM.gif

football is on the horizon. i can feel it now. adrenaline is slowly flowing through my veins. 
devil.gif

Last edited:
jerry azzinaro 

one of the best in the league. him and rathman are the best position coaches on the team.

i love that he uses the sled heavily. 

Last edited:
time to battle it out for real! so many position battles to keep an eye on during training camp.
The 49ers are scheduled to report to training camp on Saturday, July 30, the NFL announced on Friday. The first practice of training camp under first-year coach Chip Kelly is set for Sunday, July 31. The first padded practice is scheduled for Aug. 2.

hmm, I wonder if Bruce Miller went ahead and wrote that article fully knowing he wouldn't make the final 53 man? Probably one last FU to Jed.
I don't think so and I hope not. One major theme of his story was changing positions from linebacker to defensive end to special teams to fullback throughout his career. Since Miller has been taking snaps at the TE position this offseason I would assume this is him talking about how it is almost natural for him to change positions as well as to talk up the motivation and drive he uses to make those changes. 

I said this on here a month or two ago but IMHO Bruce Miller is a great athlete, he's a natural that can play a lot of positions well, and losing him would be a mistake. I understand that Chip Kelly doesn't use a fullback in his schemes but I also believe Miller could make it as a TE on the final 53. Like he said in his story, and like I mentioned in my previous post here re: Miller, his first TD was a beautiful 30 yard bomb from Alex Smith. He's definitely got the hands for TE and I think with his FB ball handling skills he would be good for short passes near the line of scrimmage picking up yards after completion. I also think he has a big enough body and physical enough play style to bump off linebackers or corners in coverage on medium pass plays.

Not to mention his size, experience, and familiarity with defensive line plays as a former DE and LB would probably play well into any run-blocking schemes they could employ him in. 

I would love to see McDonald taking the #1 TE position, Miller at the #2, and Celek at #3. 

rather see Bruce play TE instead of the legend of douchebagger Vance. Celek has been money, interested in seeing Bell and Anderson play this year. Niners IR'd Anderson but cuzz got some burners on him

Last edited:
i definitely want to see what busta anderson can do. at 6'5" and 250lbs, he's another big dude that can move. 

celek probably has the best hands on the team of all the tight ends. blake bell was coming along nicely last season as well.

i think the wide receiver group is going to be more exciting to watch. who is going to step up and force their way onto the field. chip runs a ton of triple WR packages, so there should be 2 spots open for the taking. 
nerd.gif

lets go bruce and smelter. 
nerd.gif
 torrey(split end/z), bruce(slot) and smelter(flanker/x) as your starting three.

Last edited:
yup, he's still on there. i haven't heard much, tho. things should heat up in a couple weeks when the pads go on.

Bruce Miller's contract prolly makes him even more expendable than your average special teamer and currently that's the only position he can fill on this roster.

Chip will prolly let him go earlier on in the cutting process in order to do him a favor give him a chance to make another teams roster.

I'd be shocked if he makes the final roster.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom